• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I know a basic part of being a Trump supporter is a lack of critical thinking but I don't understand how it's possible to not draw a straight line in between a Russian Twitter troll army and a President who's primary function is also being a Twitter troll. You could completely ignore what happened during the election and just look at the level of coordination between Trump and Moscow on social media right now.

Pride. At some point a Trump supporter might suspect he or she is wrong, but they've gone too far, and it would cost too much at that point to admit it. In other words, it's better to be beaten, manipulated and have given up everything that might have once mattered to you, than it is to be wrong. ESPECIALLY if it means the Libtards were right. Death before dishonor and stuff.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Pride. At some point a Trump supporter might suspect he or she is wrong, but they've gone too far, and it would cost too much at that point to admit it. In other words, it's better to be beaten, manipulated and have given up everything that might have once mattered to you, than it is to be wrong. ESPECIALLY if it means the Libtards were right. Death before dishonor and stuff.

Pretty much this and Im sick of it

Offer Trump supporters no haven, safe space or sympathy

Just lead by positive example and vote sensible people into power

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We will obviously never know, but I jut like to push back against the idea that the media was hard on Nixon, they weren't. Hell Nixon had a woman beaten, imprisoned in a hotel room, and held down and drugged. The story only ran in the "Women's pages" and was ignored by all of the media in a way that would make Tucker Carlson blush. They just repeated the White House line that she was a drunk. She was so thoroughly ignored, psychologists coined the term "Martha Mitchell Effect" to describe this type of universal, institutional gaslighting.

Fun side story, the man who held Martha captive and threw her through a plate glass window was just nominated by Trump and confirmed by the Senate to be the Ambassador to the Czech Republic. Even now, the story is still buried and the people who did it have faced 0 negative repercussions. I don't think Fox News could have pulled that shit off.
I was completely unaware of all of this. Thanks for the links.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

It's pretty much like the Post-Civil War era all over again. It's not all those people in the Confederacy somehow didn't KNOW slavery might be wrong. But even after losing the war, there's that angry pride, and now it's combined with the anger of losing as well. And, well... we saw how that turned out the first time with capitulations like statues of Southern generals in later decades to keep them placated. It probably means in future generations, Trump supporters will need statues to cling to.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017

And don't forget to remind them not to be little whiny bitch ass snowflakes. Tell it like it is, as you are the one making the good choices they are incapable of.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
I don't think you are ever going to get enough evidence of Donald J Trump himself "colluding" with Russian in their attempts to sow discord in American democracy and politics. So that's why I am skeptical by the GOP reaction to it.

I can absolutely see perjury and obstruction...but like I said, that's relatively easy for congress to slough off and not call for removal.

I can see Mueller gathering A LOT of evidence against Donald Trump in terms of money laundering and extortion/blackmail by Russia...can congress use those charges to remove a sitting president?

Yes but will THIS congress remove the president over those charges? I'm not completely sure. Mueller has an army of prosecutors who specialize in money laundering, fraud, etc. I think a lot of people are going to go down for those types of charges, including Kushner. Trump has been involved in money laundering for decades, I'd imagine he will face charges...but unless there's a smoking gun showing he gave and received financial support in order to secure Russian backing in 2016, it'll be a wash (assuming republicans control congress).

Imagine if Mueller begins wrapping this up in like...June. Months away from the midterms, meaning republicans will still have congress. Are republicans going to torpedo their president months before an election, for being a crooked businessman (that'll be their spin)?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Pulling out the "not going to telegraph" bs used last year. Time for the super secret sanctions strategy.
Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

"We aren't going to say there is more or not more to come. We don't telegraph the president's moves before he makes them," Deputy Press Sec Raj Shah on Fox News when asked if Trump plans to do more to punish Russia for election meddling.

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

"He wants this type of action from Russia to be stopped...But we're not going to telepgraph what he's going to do to punish Russia," Deputy Press Sec Hogan Gidley on Fox News.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact Trump won't say something bad about Russia, what makes people think he will do something after this. It's also very amusing that Russia so far don't look like throwing him a bone to get people off his back. They are loving this or maybe it's impossible to get a message to the Trump admin without being caught.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Twitter videos of press briefing:
NBC Politics @NBCPolitics

Sarah Sanders on Trump's view of Russian interference:

"The president hasn't said that Russia didn't meddle. What he's saying is it didn't have an impact, and it certainly wasn't with help from the Trump campaign. It's very clear that Russia meddled in the election."

CNN Politics @CNNPolitics

Sanders on Trump's suggestion that the FBI failed to act on a tip regarding Florida school shooter because it was busy with the Russia probe: "He's making a point that we would like our FBI agency to not be focused on something that is clearly a hoax"

Has nobody posted this yet? "Mueller charges lawyer with lying about interaction with Rick Gates"

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/robert-mueller-rick-gates/index.html
Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/robert-mueller-charges-another-man-in-dc-federal-court.24539/

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
LMAO at "we're not going to tell you what we're doing about Russia, but trust us, it's super effective."

Since this is all quickly becoming a work, I wonder if Putin is gracious enough to sell the debilitating effects of Donald's secret move sanctions.

"Aargh! We've never felt a Western president wield their power this demonstratively! Only through the power of you, the Russiamaniacs, will we continue to endure! Now that we've apologized, please lift all sanctions so our nation can begin to heal."

Zip

Oct 28, 2017

One of the biggest things we've seen and I hope learn from all this is that there is always a deflection - a worming around with vagueries or reinterpretations, no matter how idiotic or nonsensical. It only stops when someone with the ability puts the hammer down and ends the ability for liars and deflectors to keep spinning. It was in your news stations before with their 'panels', and is now part of official White House behavior. It needs to be rooted out.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
He acknowledged it multiple times:

1. During the transition
2 in Poland
3. In Poland

Literally the bare minimum for "multiple" times and she's barely telling the truth here lol

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Congress and the president signed the bipartisan Russia and Moldova Jackson–Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012 in response to Russia's torture and murder of a whistleblowing lawyer.

Obama used an executive order to impose sanctions against Russia in 2014 for the annexation of Crimea.

Obama imposed new sanctions in December 2016, and expelled 30+ diplomats, for the 2016 election meddling after listening to the assessment from the IC.

Meanwhile, Trump signed the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act in 2017 despite outwardly criticizing the bill and has not enforced any of it as of Feb 20th, 2018. He continues to flip flop on whether or not Russia actually performed the anti-Clinton social media bombardment that this thread is about, and he still openly denies their role in the theft and dissemination of the DNC emails.
The trick with Trump is not to fall for the BS that he is spewing. He spreads lies and misinformation intentionally to appease to his fan base and direct attention away from the investigation. Muddying the waters with horseshit is his MO.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Question: If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren't they the subject of the investigation? Why didn't Obama do something about the meddling? Why aren't Dem crimes under investigation? Ask Jeff Session!

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
"Why isn't Obama under criminal investigation for not doing more to stop me from colluding with the Russians?!"

If we get to the end of the Mueller probe without a Saturday Night Massacre, and Mueller doesn't find 'collusion', Trump is gonna end up firing half the DOJ/FBI anyway for insufficiently protecting him against the Witch Hunt.

Last edited:

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
Obama (thanks to Mitch) didn't go public sooner with the election meddling to protect Trump from being unfairly smeared. And he implemented sanctions that Trump told Russia not to bother retaliating against on his own Twitter account. Fucking lol.

Meanwhile, in Dec 2016 Trump said we should move on with our lives.

The press pool did a pretty good job with Huckabee Sanders yesterday but they need to keep it up. Trump has done NOTHING to stop this from happening again, and we know why, the guy is still conspiring with Putin.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
LMAO I was just replying to Trump's tweet and he deleted it. I thought he wasn't allowed to do that anymore?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO I was just replying to Trump's tweet and he deleted it. I thought he wasn't allowed to do that anymore?
He forgot the last 's' in Sessions.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Question: If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren't they the subject of the investigation? Why didn't Obama do something about the meddling? Why aren't Dem crimes under investigation? Ask Jeff Sessions!

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
"Why isn't Obama under criminal investigation for not doing more to stop me from colluding with the Russians?!"

If we get to the end of the Mueller probe without a Saturday Night Massacre, and Mueller doesn't find 'collusion', Trump is gonna end up firing half the DOJ/FBI anyway for insufficiently protecting him against the Witch Hunt.
Or he'll make the DOJ/FBI terrorize Hillary or Obama with an investigation.