Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Khassogi time PotY.

Good.

I don't like having multiple people as poty. Just a personal preference as the other journalists were also important. Should have just been Kashoggi, but I'm glad he made it and got his own cover.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Fake News has it purposely wrong. Many, over ten, are vying for and wanting the White House Chief of Staff position. Why wouldn't someone want one of the truly great and meaningful jobs in Washington. Please report news correctly. Thank you!

Not even dozensofus.gif.

I bet Joe the Plumber is in there.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They also honored the Capital Gazette which had five people killed this year. The other three honored have great stories as well.
That's great, but that doesn't make them person of the year. It seems like a big advertisement, they even have them a superhero team name.

Maybe it's always been this way but this is the first time it's been obvious to me that it's a way to sell magazines first and an award second.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Caravan 'crisis' averted.

Despite the large Caravans that WERE forming and heading to our Country, people have not been able to get through our newly built Walls, makeshift Walls & Fences, or Border Patrol Officers & Military. They are now staying in Mexico or going back to their original countries.......

.....Ice, Border Patrol and our Military have done a FANTASTIC job of securing our Southern Border. A Great Wall would be, however, a far easier & less expensive solution. We have already built large new sections & fully renovated others, making them like new. The Democrats,.....

I'm guessing that Fox viewers suddenly remembered that this was a thing so he felt the need to explain why the brown horde never arrived?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Warren running would help pull Beto leftwards so I'm ok with it but it's just running rock star vs teacher lady and I'm not even that kidding.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Warren gets some sense talked into her and she realized she has already nuked her chances since her fucking DNA debacle.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's where I am. Beto gets a lot cred for his narrow defeat. Gillum should have won Florida in a blue wave year.
I don't think Beto courting Gillum has anything to do with "Gillum for VP". It's just that he knows as a white guy he has to work to court African American support in the primary and the more prominent African American candidates he can get to back him the better. Especially one that was a "Bernie" Democrat.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a cool ticket, especially considering the potential of a Gillum vs Pence VP debate. I'm just not sure how likely that is right now.
There was a lot of reporting on the phone call Obama had with Beto. But he also talked to Gillum. And I think this most recent story is probably like testing the waters or whatever.

Everybody stumped for Gillum in Florida... Bernie, Hillary, Biden, Obama, etc. he's definitely a unifier.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017

Fake News has it purposely wrong. Many, over ten, are vying for and wanting the White House Chief of Staff position. Why wouldn't someone want one of the truly great and meaningful jobs in Washington. Please report news correctly. Thank you!

I keep reading it as people over ten years old want the job, which is probably still false.

Insert *kidmowinglawnpic*
"Are you sure you don't want the job? We have lots of candy and all the McDonald's you can eat. Uncle Mike might even let you pet his rabbit."

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a lot of reporting on the phone call Obama had with Beto. But he also talked to Gillum. And I think this most recent story is probably like testing the waters or whatever.

Everybody stumped for Gillum in Florida... Bernie, Hillary, Biden, Obama, etc. he's definitely a unifier.
How'd that work out

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Bernie is just too old element is going to get louder and louder as we get closer to the actual primaries.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Beto courting Gillum has anything to do with "Gillum for VP". It's just that he knows as a white guy he has to work to court African American support in the primary and the more prominent African American candidates he can get to back him the better. Especially one that was a "Bernie" Democrat.

I agree with you there. My post was for the Beto/Gillum ticket daydreamers. I'm still super salty about my home state.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent choice.

May knows her deal would fail a vote in the commons (the remainers hate it because it's still leaving the EU, most leavers hate it because it isn't the Brexit they want) which would likely spell the end of her premiership (her own backbenchers have been heavily criticising it, and several cabinet members have resigned in protest) and cause either a no deal Brexit or a second referendum which would go remain (both of which stand a good chance of splitting the Tory party), so she is trying to remove the chance for that failure to occur.

Corbyn and the leaders of other smaller and/or regional parties (Greens, Liberal Democrats, Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru) are attempting to hold May in contempt again for pulling the vote (for those keeping track, this is would be the second time in history it will have happened, with the first being last week). They have still yet to call a vote of no confidence. It's worth mentioning here that Corbyn doesn't want a second vote on the final deal (despite 80% of his party membership voting in favour of it) and seems to think he'd be allowed two years to negotiate a 'better' Brexit deal, despite the EU saying that isn't on the table.

In other words, the chances that Brexit actually happens is probably the lowest it's been since the referendum.

If he loses his seat Doug Jones needs to be AG.

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply! That helps.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I actually feel like brexit is more likely than ever. Prime minister cardboard fuckhead is delaying such that the only option will be her shitty deal.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Give her energy so she can control the tactical nukes.
Noooo she'll use them on haself

89fe2a0864dcb3a3a7b9f5ba49d63dc753561a61_hq.gif

lol y'all too much

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how Beto is the one who reached out to Gillum I am not sure how this would be Gillum testing the waters.
Other way around, Gillum reached out to Beto.

Gillum should spend the next few years rebuilding the Florida Dem and take another run at gov in 2022. I like the guy and agree he could be future presidential material... but he's got to win some shit first! At least Beto has congressional experience. Gillum cannot credibly jump from mayor of Tallahassee to presidential run. Same for Buttigeg, actually, another guy I think could be presidential material but he needs to win some kind of congressional or statewide race first.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Same for Buttigeg, actually, another guy I think could be presidential material but he needs to win some kind of congressional or statewide race first.

Issue for Buttigieg is neither Eric Holcomb (Governor, up in 2020) nor Todd Young (Senator, up in 2022) are crazy Republicans so he probably couldn't beat them in a statewide race. His best shot would be against Mike Braun in 2024.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.