• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
So curious, whats all the fast food there?

A lot of the major chains in the east and west as we are in the middle.

Whataburger
Wendy's
McDonald's
Raising caines
In N Out
Panda Express
Bush's chicken
KFC
Popeyes
Taco Bell
Sonic
Chickfila
Dairy queen
Pizza hut
Freddys

Probably a dozen I'm missing.

Also if you're not from Texas, you can get decent breakfast tacos from gas stations in the morning. We also have a regional twist on Czech kolaches in that we stuff Mexican breakfast food in them and not just fruit jam.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

Well this seems like it could be bad

It didn't mention it in the article, but I read elsewhere that state department personnel were feverishly preparing to evacuate ("people now, things later"). It seems like pompeo is overriding them now, which I bet they don't take kindly to, and could put them in danger, resulting in a situation where the US could be compelled to intervene.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on which particular flavor of fucknuttery he decides to go with. But the state would be Texas, so odds are that a state court would just congratulate him.
They're still fighting eminent domain cases in TX courts from W's administration so no, I don't think it would go Trump's way at all if he actually tried to take land there.

The landowners on the TX border generally want Trump to fuck off with his wall.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the major chains in the east and west as we are in the middle.

Whataburger
Wendy's
McDonald's
Raising caines
In N Out
Panda Express
Bush's chicken
KFC
Popeyes
Taco Bell
Sonic
Chickfila
Dairy queen
Pizza hut
Freddys

Probably a dozen I'm missing.

Also if you're not from Texas, you can get decent breakfast tacos from gas stations in the morning. We also have a regional twist on Czech kolaches in that we stuff Mexican breakfast food in them and not just fruit jam.

Well... never had a Sonic here and my sister would like to go. Probably a couple places that are not in Anchorage, so I guess we will check those at least.

Thanks for the info

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Did we take note of this fine excerpt about Kellyanne Conway from the new Cliff Sims book?
Over the course of 20 minutes or so, she was having simultaneous conversations with no fewer than a half-dozen reporters, most of them from outlets the White House frequently trashed for publishing "fake news." Journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, Politico, and Bloomberg were all popping up on the screen. And these weren't policy conversations, or attempts to fend off attacks on the president. As I sat there trying to type, she bashed Jared Kushner, Reince Priebus, Steve Bannon, and Sean Spicer, all by name. ("The real leakers, past and present, get much more positive press than I do. While it's rare, I prefer to knife people from the front, so they see it coming," Conway said in a statement shortly after publication. According to a source familiar with the situation, the statement was drafted in consultation with her husband, George Conway.)
When Fox & Friends co-host Abby Huntsman later asked Kellyanne about allegations that she was the "No. 1 leaker" in the administration, she sidestepped the question, only saying that "leakers get great press," and adding that "one day, Abby, I will have my say."

From what I saw on her computer, she was having her say all day long. Kellyanne was playing a double game—putting a foot in both worlds—telling Trump and his supporters on Fox one thing, while bad-mouthing them to the "mainstream" media in private. It didn't hurt matters with the latter group that her husband, George, was an increasingly frequent critic of the president on Twitter. If the Trump administration was the Titanic, as many outsiders routinely claimed, then Kellyanne seemed determined to play the role of the Unsinkable Molly Brown. She wasn't going to go down with this ship.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...-leaking-tactics-in-the-west-wing-vipers-nest

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Are they trying to cause a situation that would allow them to sell a military intervention to the public?

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Downright bullshit. These people's safety needs to be put first not whatever posturing Trump and co want to do.

This is all they fucking do now. Ignore everything, everyone and every law both domestic and international. All because we have the dumbest people in charge that all they know is "WE HAVE TO LOOK STRONK DERP, DERP" with no plan at all.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
These fucking clowns
White House officials caught off guard by Pelosi's letter canceling State of the Union address

White House officials were caught off guard Wednesday by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi formally disinviting President Donald Trump from giving his State of the Union address from the House chamber, leaving them scrambling for a response.

White House officials had believed Pelosi wanted only to postpone Trump's State of the Union for political reasons after she sent a letter to him last week asking him to delay the address until after the partial government shutdown ended. The plan from administration officials was to call her bluff by pressing forward with plans to deliver the speech, including a new letter on Wednesday that they hoped would force her hand.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The plan from administration officials was to call her bluff by pressing forward with plans to deliver the speech, including a new letter on Wednesday that they hoped would force her hand.
LOL HOW can you be this bad at something and get paid for it

Like they just fucking expect people to fold just cuz.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This is all they fucking do now. Ignore everything, everyone and every law both domestic and international. All because we have the dumbest people in charge that all they know is "WE HAVE TO LOOK STRONK DERP, DERP" with no plan at all.

Its only going to get worse going forward. I'm dreading it already.

Jesus. The most incompetent people ever.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Also how is the ACA faring? Like if you need coverage due to special circumstances will they still process? Are subsidies still being paid in tax credits?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Also how is the ACA faring? Like if you need coverage due to special circumstances will they still process? Are subsidies still being paid in tax credits?
As far as I can tell it's still working the same way. Trump has lost like every legal challenge concerning the law, so...

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
I feel her pain. And yet she voted for Kavanaugh. Traitor to women, traitor to Americans, traitor to fashionable haircuts. Get out.

I would assume that addressing sexual abuse or domestic abuse is much more harder for conservative women. They aren't in an environment that allows them to be honest and open with it. Republican women that are in Congress have it worse probably. It is a male dominant party and their constituents is probably going to mostly males and/or conservative, it doesn't give the women much room to be open about abuse. Even if the women are open about and support any legislation dealing with it - when it comes to policy, they won't be able convince the party because they have too little influence and the party will oppose it anyway which could hurt the congresswomen's political career I would imagine.

This cause them to have a huge blindspot both for the congressional Republican women and the overall party( as we seen during the confirmation of Kavanaugh). I'm always disappointed the support of Republicans by some in a minority group thinking that somehow supporting the party liberalize it. The party is controlled by old rich white men who don't have to face any issues that the minority groups faces( and denies the issues even exist anyway).

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
People not getting paid while Trump has bullshit military adventures in Venezuela might actually get him under the Alan Keyes line, popularity-wise.

Good old Donald the Dove.
Hillary would have had our brave men and women goose stepping up and down South and Central America, gunning down random civilians and bombing hospitals just so she could show other countries that she means to rule with an iron fist! /s

Status
Not open for further replies.