• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
I feel like if the report had some real shit in there Trump would be tweeting about it already, just shitting on it over and over and over

His silence is unsettling at this point

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe he is just waiting on Monday morning. He wants his reaction on the news when there is no other interruptions around. No ncaa's or anything. Probably will be an interview with his Fox News crew. The only people waiting on this report and checking in for any news to break are the Democrats and those that want him out. His base is just living life, hating minorities and playing golf.

That or he is scared shitless. Who knows? No one

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Scared shitless I should think. "No further indictments" doesn't mean that anyone has been exonerated, it just means that Mueller already has whatever evidence he needs for his report. Remember that Mueller's brief is (in part) to make indictments that are "necessary and appropriate" to his investigation - an indictment isn't necessary to the investigation if he has got the evidence from somewhere else.

Oct 25, 2017
My mother in law (a moderate liberal) commented that she was glad it was over because, "it's taken too long" and all I can think is how fast this investigation actually completed. Something this complicated done in two years seems sort of nuts to me. I was fully expecting this to go into the next election.

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
Scared shitless I should think. "No further indictments" doesn't mean that anyone has been exonerated, it just means that Mueller already has whatever evidence he needs for his report. Remember that Mueller's brief is (in part) to make indictments that are "necessary and appropriate" to his investigation - an indictment isn't necessary to the investigation if he has got the evidence from somewhere else.

Right, it be noted that incidental crimes (like lying to congress) can be referred to other prosecutors (like the U.S. attorney for Washington D.C.) for further action.

And as we know in the case of Michael Cohen, that's already been done(and with increased peril for Trump as a result)

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay I have a problem with this

Is it so hard to believe Putin says one thing and does another? We're not going to believe the military in Myanmar when they say they're not committing a genocide now are we?
I believe that it has to do with the image Putin tries to portray, and what the actual reality is.

This is an aside, but a huge problem with just about all journalism worldwide is that, due to the advent of 24 hour technology availability, most journalism has been replaced with varying experts giving opinions. What this means is that to truly figure out what is going on and cut through the bullshit, you need to rely on local sources and local news. For all the crap that it gets (and it deserves a lot of crap), Twitter is actually very good at allowing a local source to gain a small, but global audience.

Some of the folks I've seen on the ground in Russia tell that it's actually worse than we think. Huge inflation issues, food shortages in certain places, Saturday morning cartoon levels of corruption leading to some horrific inefficiencies, the lack of any real unifying vision of Russia after Putin, the disastrous population crisis (the Russians are literally dying out as a people), the various hardened criminals who are allied with one another only due to Putin keeping them fabulously rich at the expense of the Russian people. These are just a few examples.

Russia is very similar to Venezuela in that it's essentially a kleptocracy. Only this state has thousands of nuclear warheads.

Oct 25, 2017
If you actually talk to Russians who have separated themselves from the cult of Putin, woo christ it's dire out there. the Obama sanctions hit some folks pretty hard and the country is completely economically unstable.

The mirage is definitely starting to break among the younger people.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay I have a problem with this

Is it so hard to believe Putin says one thing and does another? We're not going to believe the military in Myanmar when they say they're not committing a genocide now are we?
You've drank your own juice regarding Russia and really think putin is all powerful. It doesn't work like that there. It's the wild west and the state hardly has the reach or resources to oversee even 50% of what goes in there.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Just to stop you all panicking, since he's been pretty quiet (or at least keeping his opinions to himself) his approvals are going to tick up. They always do when he can keep his shitty ideas to himself.

So we should expect that just from him putting down his phone.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Just to stop you all panicking, since he's been pretty quiet (or at least keeping his opinions to himself) his approvals are going to tick up. They always do when he can keep his shitty ideas to himself.

He spent all last week shitting on a dead guy. The average American really does have the memory of a goldfish

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I ever liked Kid Rock.....
Just to torture you, here is his little rap part from one of Tommy Lee's songs. Total nu metal bro fest.

"see the kid rock bumpin up and down your block with no cares, long hair swingin middle fingers in the air! people stare n point I hit the joint and laugh - kiss my ass, the past is more than 10 years I've known from a complete unknown to the hot zone, million dollar home and a diamond ring, never thought I'd amount to a damn thing. I'm the man, sing like curtis may mack on ho's like ruby ray. it's been a long time comin' but you know what's happenin...

Straight pimpin'. I'm sitting FIVE TIMES PLATINUM"

Yep, this is the guy Trump golfed with as his AG analyzed Mueller's report.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Biden really is the biggest chance we have of winning over the moderates and the election. Outside of some really wild primary debate performances, Diamond Joe is a great candidate.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Also has there been any word when the primary conclusions to the Mueller report are set to be delivered?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my husband explained this to me on Friday and it made me feel better.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Polls at this point don't matter when the first primary is like a year away and there are multiple debates between now and then. It's basically just a name recognition contest at this point

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want Biden as the nominee however if it happens I can reassure myself with one simple sentence: At least it won't be Bernie Sanders.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I think Trump knows roughly as much as we do about the report.
Hopefully Barr hasn't corrupted the process but he's not allowed to discuss the results of the SC report with anyone outside of the Justice Dept prior to submitting his summary of the report. Giving anyone in the WH a sneak peak, especially when they're the subjects of the investigation, would be unlawful. But then again everything about this admin is unlawful.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can just see him waving his finger at your post.
I want the senate back, more than whichever dem ends up the nominee. Bernie is completely useless for us winning back the senate which goes through the south and south west. Sorry Bern.

If Bernie was actually strong in that area of the country instead of it being where he is weakest I would be 10x less opposed to his nomination lol.

If Joe is the nominee I will just shift most of my focus to the senate. Joeisms and all...he would be a safe bet to beat Trump.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is the McDonald's of candidates. It's not the best tasting, not the freshest ingredients, but it's a safe known bet on a road trip if you are hungry.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want Biden--his managiere of weird pictures with women is way to easy a point of criticism. And yeah, Trump has a ton of his own, but I don't think his voters care about them.

I'm also less enthusiastic about Biden's desire to reach across the aisle, if only because I don't know what that means when trying to creat policy.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017

If he is """cleared""" I wonder how significant his approval rating boost will be. Something completely miniscule like 2 percentage points or will it get a big bump?

Anyone hinging their support of him solely on the fate of this probe are idiots, of course, so I'm not really sure I care at this point. Even with a sizable bump he's still underwater.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
If he is """cleared""" I wonder how significant his approval rating boost will be. Something completely miniscule like 2 percentage points or will it get a big bump?

Anyone hinging their support of him solely on the fate of this probe are idiots, of course, so I'm not really sure I care at this point. Even with a sizable bump he's still underwater.

I think any bump he gets will he temporary It'll fade away about as fast as his bump after his tax cuts.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I think people are over valuing Biden because they're forgetting about name recognition.

I'm not saying he won't win.

But compared to current polls, Kamala and Beto are going to make enough of a splash, that they'll upset Biden in some states on super Tuesday. The conversation will shift (if it already hasn't) and people will start talking about Biden falling behind expectations, etc.

Momentum is a real thing in primaries. I know Bernie didn't win (and again, I'm not saying Biden won't), but look at where he ended up vs where people expected he would. If Kamala wins California and / or Beto wins Texas, this is going to be pretty competitive.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

I doubt the number of people who currently disapprove of Trump solely because he might be Putin's puppet is substantial.

I also doubt the number of people who will be convinced he isn't a crook should Mueller not indict him over this is also substantial.

He'll get a bump. But I doubt it'll mean anything come November next year.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Polls are as good as coin tosses now. Biden solely lives off name recognition. It's pretty amazing to see Beto up there.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is the McDonald's of candidates. It's not the best tasting, not the freshest ingredients, but it's a safe known bet on a road trip if you are hungry.
Biden feels like a safe candidate, but then again, that's what I thought about Hillary 4 years ago. I worry picking him would just be a sign of our being stuck on 2016 rather than correctly assessing the actual best candidate for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.