• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Fun thought experiment. What do you think happens if the intelligence community starts seeing suspicious activity around the Trump campaign in 2020?

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Think about the mental gymnastics swing voters have to go through in order to justify their disapproval of impeachment.
I imagine it is not mental gymnastics. So much as it is being uninformed about the issue and not keeping track of every nuance. Most people likely think the candidate they vote for is someone they are hiring to represent their voice. They expect Congress, the media and the president to give them the info they require on a subject to make an informed opinion. Imagine if we had real leadership in our caucus/Congress that took the time to explain and inform people on a subject. Fox news has an agenda while the rest of the media tries to be balanced. This results in a perpetual drift to the right wing and allowing Fox news to drive the narrative.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
You think the IC/FBI is going to go rogue?

If Mueller kicked the can to Congress and now there's a hack running the DOJ, what do you think is going to happen?
If I were rank and file I'd be scared to death to do anything. I think he's got a free pass now.

I think the most we could hope for is a leak that would force leadership to answer some tough questions.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just looked it up and Lori Trahan has not come out in favor of impeachment so she's getting a call from me tomorrow.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Every time he makes a comment like that, Dems look worse in their refusal to impeach
Yes, we should impeach him so that when he continues to say this stuff afterward we can say "We impeached him!"

That'll show 'em.

You have to impeach because if you don't, he continues to do this type of stuff with zero repercussion. Even if it fails in the Senate, you HAVE to start hearings and expand the news getting out to the public.
This is literally on the news. In public.

Public news.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Yes, we should impeach him so that when he continues to say this stuff afterward we can say "We impeached him!"

That'll show 'em.

This is literally on the news. In public.

Public news.
Not enough eyerolls in the world for you. Part of it is giving the appearance that you are actually fighting for your voter base' cause. Do you think the majority of the public was in favor of impeaching Bill Clinton!? Who do you think impeached him and was able to drive the narrative on his presidency afterwards? Who drove the narrative on Beghazi and the millions of congressional investigations? Who got millions of Americans to chant 'locker her up'? Hint, it wasnt the American public reaching their own conclusion on the subject.
No lie, I thought he was talking about Trauma Llama, also.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he was talking about Tomi Lahren.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Lotta people with Tammy on the brain in this thread.
artworks-000473033487-n4y1dx-t500x500.jpg

Just these two.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't asking for a raise considering her existing congressional salary the anti thesis of her principled positions?

Why isn't she floating that raise in income down to her staff which needs it more percentage wise

She may be a freshman but she should know well that living wage increases would have little to no impact on politicians taking money. We have decades on the book reflecting that. Congressional staff can also make over 100k but if we really want to worry about them, raise their pay separately.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Can we seriously start impeachment inquiries now? The orange literally said he would welcome foreign interference again and the DOJ is distorting the Russian investigation.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
My rep is Pramila Jayapal, which is nice because she's on the right side of pretty much everything. She's been onboard the impeachment train for awhile now

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think it's that clear. Seems to be moving towards at least an inquiry, not away from it.

Optimistically she may be framing it strategically to make it look like she had no choice and the republicans effectively forced her to—and something like today can act as a theatrical tipping point.

Pessimistically see you on November 2020!

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
so is Pelosi going to respond that obvious display of criminality or what

that clip is one of the most disgusting things I've seen from Trump in a while. Which is saying a lot, given how he is.

Oct 26, 2017

Some people were wondering why I was so frustrated about Democrats inaction on impeachment.

Now everytime Trump says blatant criminal and impeachable statements, it's now on Pelosi and Democrats. They own this. They're saying this is fine. They're saying it's okay to let this guy sit in office unimpeded as he makes an open invitation for foreign adversaries to interfere with the next election. Apparently that's not impeachable behavior. Sorry we might lose a few House seats, so we can't hold this guy, a clear criminal, accountable. This is just the Democrat version of Lindsey Grahaming. Principles and upholding the constitution are just pie in the sky ideals when it's reelection time.

I want Pelosi to come to the cameras tomorrow and say Trump's statements, which were live on tape for everyone to see, doesn't rise to impeachable behavior and we still need to "gather more" information.

EDIT: And it's not just about ideals. The Democrats were put in power in the 2018 midterms largely because people wanted there to be oversight and accountability on Trump and his admin. The Democrats are failing to do one of the key planks they got elected for.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The longer Trump remains in office with no accountability for his actions because of spinelessness and lack of will from certain leaders, the more people will continue to suffer and die. Johana was murdered. This cannot continue on.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully at some point someone will face consequences.

We are only 6 months into Dem control and congressional pages can only work so hard and fast, but still.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Oh that ship has sailed my friend. Everybody's getting off scott free and the Dems are doing fuck all. It's ridiculous.
I mean this is the same poster that just said this so....:
No impeachment.

Get over it.

Now.

Yeah I'm not sure what this list is supposed to make me think except, "good?"

Also why are two actual factual definable and identifiable "industries" in quotes?

Is the WaPo suggesting these are figmentary?
Yeah, hopefully this isnt meant to be an attack against Sanders. Even though it reads as such.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Give raises to everyone in congress expect those that didn't appear at that 9/11 Jon Stewart thing yesterday.

In fact, vote those people out. I'm shocked we still haven't seen a list of those that didn't appear.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Some people were wondering why I was so frustrated about Democrats inaction on impeachment.

Now everytime Trump says blatant criminal and impeachable statements, it's now on Pelosi and Democrats. They own this. They're saying this is fine. They're saying it's okay to let this guy sit in office unimpeded as he makes an open invitation for foreign adversaries to interfere with the next election. Apparently that's not impeachable behavior. Sorry we might lose a few House seats, so we can't hold this guy, a clear criminal, accountable. This is just the Democrat version of Lindsey Grahaming. Principles and upholding the constitution are just pie in the sky ideals when it's reelection time.

I want Pelosi to come to the cameras tomorrow and say Trump's statements, which were live on tape for everyone to see, doesn't rise to impeachable behavior and we still need to "gather more" information.

EDIT: And it's not just about ideals. The Democrats were put in power in the 2018 midterms largely because people wanted there to be oversight and accountability on Trump and his admin. The Democrats are failing to do one of the key planks they got elected for.

There is some truth to this.

The general public may not be listening right now to the minutae, but the base is. And you need your base on board.

Dem leadership looks terrible in light of this.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Forgot the NRA on enemies list. Liberal street cred REVOKED. Shoutout to Big Tobacco for being so minor it's not even worth a mention anymore. Get ready for Big Vape!

Agribusiness feels a little unnecessary these days? They were the ubercorporations of the 80s and 90s that were going to start cloning people and feed us mutant food, but my god they're harmless compared to other stuff on that list now. Maybe you could fold pharma under agristuff since it's a lot of those same companies, but I'd argue it's the other way around.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

Amen. Democrats have completely normalized Trump and the GOP's behavior. Pelosi and Schiff and these other assholes are straight up gaslighting while this country spirals further into hell. It's a negative feedback loop too: the more you gaslight the harder it is to do what's right because the majority of the public either doesn't know, doesn't want to know, or doesn't care because nothing matters. It's just the way it is. Gotta wait for 2020 with compromised elections, voter rigging, destroyed voter rolls, gerrymandering, and even more foreign influence and money used as the country gets pilfered more.

Ya'll go fucking ham on the media when the Democrats as a collective have even more blame. Talk to me again about AP News headlines.

The time to impeach was a second after he was sworn in. Absent power, you still contain a voice and the ability to harvest knowledge. The case should've been made every day. Efforts to educate the public about how deep and far the rot goes (including Trump and the entire GOP) should have been there. The goal should not have been "erase Trump" as he''s just an oversized turd awash in a sea of diarrhea. You can't play it both ways and try to condemn Trump while treating this shit like it's simply Tuesday in DC.

But much like climate change, it's someone else's problem. Someone else will handle it. The GOP are actually great people! Fine people! It's all just a game of politics really, don't worry about it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like Schiff not going directly at impeachment is the canary in the coal mine on Dem leadership. Pretty sure he's next in line after Pelosi. All sorts of alarm bells.

Oct 25, 2017

And the base is watching and they see dems not doing a damn thing. Many in this thread will try to defend Pelosi or give some reason why Dems can't do their job. But that's bullshit. There's not way after today Pelosi should get on TV and handwave this shit. But she will and then we move on. Normalzing more of Trumps BS. Dems are absolutely complicity now.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
There has not been a day since Biden had announced that did not make me facepalm.

Goddamn

This is bottom tier body language. Anyone who ever criticizes Bernie about his finger wagging again will have to take a look at this finger pointing action and learn what really terrible optics look like. MSNBC and the rest of cable news media would have a FIELD day with this if it were Beto or Bernie doing this to a woman.

Someone must have slipped something in my glass of water because Ted Cruz is actually looking like an agreeable politician. Something has gone terribly wrong in DC.

tistreasonthen.gif

Literally treason as far as the layman is concerned and probably even moreso in the intelligence community. I don't see how any self respecting democrat could watch this super obvious impeachment worthy footage and not do the right thing.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
for the people who want impeachment, i assume its understood there's no chance of the senate doing anything with it. what is the end goal if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.