• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that Cokie Roberts died. She worked with NPR and ABC for decades.
I always held a fairly negative impression of Cokie due to both-sides-ism and for promoting what I felt was unfair general suspicion towards Hillary, although I can't recall specifics and today is probably not the best day for it anyway. She obviously inspired a lot of people and had a genuinely interesting life. RIP.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Harris should drop and focus on the senate. Because really I can sort of see Harris losing her next senate race if she goes up against another Dem in 2022 if she's not careful. She's been dunked on from like all angles this race

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's been pretty clear Harris isn't gonna make it since after debate 2. Not surprised donations reflect that.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
she is still shook by Tulsi smack-down... all she can hope for is Biden implodes and big money fundraisers flock to her.

Oct 25, 2017
Harris should drop and focus on the senate. Because really I can sort of see Harris losing her next senate race if she goes up against another Dem in 2022 if she's not careful. She's been dunked on from like all angles this race

Nah, that's really far-fetched.

Also dollars to donuts she ends up as the next president's AG if we win 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably face-saving at this point. You only drop now if you're so far behind you can't help but be seen as a catastrophe (Gillibrand).

What is the cash on hand for all the candidates at the moment?

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder which Republican in this hearing will be auditioning for an administration job. Maybe Ratcliffe will get called up again to the majors for something that doesn't require Senate confirmation.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that's really far-fetched.

Also dollars to donuts she ends up as the next president's AG if we win 2020.
If Doug Jones doesn't pull out the miracle win in 2020 he seems like the obvious option, as it wouldn't pull from the bench anywhere.

edit: Disdain for Emerson is bipartisan, it seems (tweeter is a GOP pollster)

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kylegriffin1
Jerry Nadler: "Anyone else involved in these episodes of obstruction would have been charged with a crime. Anyone else. Let that sink in. The president knows this and the White House is intent on preventing the American people from hearing the details."
13:20 - 17 Sep 2019

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
Border fence construction could destroy archaeological sites, National Park Service finds

The bulldozers and excavators rushing to install President Trump's border fence could damage or destroy up to 22 archaeological sites within Arizona's Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in coming months, according to an internal National Park Service report obtained by The Washington Post.

The 123-page report, completed in July and obtained via the Freedom of Information Act, indicates that the administration's plan to convert an existing five-foot-high vehicle barrier to a 30-foot steel edifice could pose irreparable harm to unexcavated remnants of ancient Sonoran Desert peoples. Experts identified these risks as U.S. Customs and Border Protection seeks to fast-track the pace of construction to meet Trump's campaign pledge of completing 500 miles of barrier by next year's election.
The Department of Homeland Security has taken advantage of a 2005 law to waive several federal requirements that could have slowed and possibly stopped the barrier's advance in the stretch in Arizona, including the Archeological Resources Protection Act, the National Historic Preservation Act and the Endangered Species Act.

Some archaeological features along the border already have suffered damage as Border Patrol agents zoom through the desert in pursuit of migrants and smugglers in all-terrain vehicles, according to federal officials and two experts who have conducted research in the region.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If his eventual elimination from the show means he is just not a very good dancer, that's a loss for Spicer. But if his elimination is cast as the latest blow by the elites against MAGA country in an ongoing culture war, well then Spicer becomes a hero
The reality show elites.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Lewandowski sounds like he bathes in Trump's liquid shit. His tongue so far up his ass it's embarrassing.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017

If his eventual elimination from the show means he is just not a very good dancer, that's a loss for Spicer. But if his elimination is cast as the latest blow by the elites against MAGA country in an ongoing culture war, well then Spicer becomes a hero
The reality show elites.

Oh god. What did I just read? I think I went blind.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
deadmanny.png

Not a minute in and fukkery begins.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
There's my boy. McArdle might try to best him, but ain't no one taking Cillizza's crown as the worst political pundit going anytime soon.
They key, which McArdle lacks, is that Cillizza has no understanding of politics and doesn't follow it more than superficially. You just can't beat that type of idiocy.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@mkraju
"I'm looking for the reference in the Mueller report," Lewandowski says, stalling and not answering Nadler's question about his meeting with Trump.

Manu Raju

@mkraju
Lewandowski's tactic at the start: Saying the WH "has directed I not disclose the substance of any discussion with the president and his advisers." And then when asked about the Mueller report, he says he doesn't know and needs to read the report to refresh his memory

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
5 minutes into the hearing and Lembowski basically repeating "White House has instructed me not to answer" on every question. Basically pleading the 5th on behalf of Trump lol.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
My poli-fanfic is Corey defying the subpeona and Nadler straight up having the sergeant-at-arms arrest him there.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It's circus time. Dems, get out of disarray and the gop won't look quite like a circus or call them on it. Passionately.

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
LOL, These people don't give a fuck. And theres nothing anyone can do about it! Can't put him in jail, no one answers subpoenas, the investigations go no where, just a fucking shit show...

Status
Not open for further replies.