• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
pfJuaxQ.gif
The original sin of nature. To disturb the eLECtion cycle.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I legit think that David Bowie's and Prince's deaths both completely destroyed the timeline
Fun fact, I lost my virginity the night David Bowie died (yes, I was still a virgin well into my 20s). Left her apartment the next morning for work and heard the news of his death on the radio. It was a bittersweet day.

Oct 27, 2017
Nancy isn't going to let the spectacle of impeachment go on through the holidays. That's wish-casting on the GOPs part

It will be early 2020 and the primary will be months of arguments against the GOP that they're protecting a crook and abandoning patriotism for power.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Who's looking forward to cozy winters in front of a fire with an impeachment trial going on on TV? I am.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Man, I don't know what stars have to align for Trump and Pence to both be removed in close enough proximity that Pelosi became president

But if it did I would weep

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I don't know what stars have to align for Trump and Pence to both be removed in close enough proximity that Pelosi became president

You lead a rich fantasy life

If that sort of calamity happened, they'd impeach Pence first, install Romney and then shiv Trump. The explosion from simply removing Trump would become a complete nuclear meltdown in the cultists' ranks if 'that woman' were allowed to ascend on the back of their troll king

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Nancy isn't going to let the spectacle of impeachment go on through the holidays. That's wish-casting on the GOPs part

It will be early 2020 and the primary will be months of arguments against the GOP that they're protecting a crook and abandoning patriotism for power.
GOP will be wanting this over before the holidays, not the other way around.

Every day there is a new scandal that is dragging Trump down further. The GOP would be extremely worried with 50% of people in favour of impeachment, that number is going to continue to grow as time moves on. The only hope they'd have for dragging it out would be they have a clearer idea of how damaging public sentiment truly is to make the decision to remove easier.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

The Senate would never vote to remove Pence. He would make it easy enough to keep himself around just by keeping his head down, even if he is totally implicated in all of this.

It's a surpassingly small chance that they would vote to remove Trump, were he to continue to be particularly unhinged and keep burning down stuff the GOP actually cares about, but it would be a stalemate after that. The House would not vote on a replacement for Pence, which they would have to, per the 25th amendment, and the Senate would never allow President Pelosi.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
GOP will be wanting this over before the holidays, not the other way around.

Every day there is a new scandal that is dragging Trump down further. The GOP would be extremely worried with 50% of people in favour of impeachment, that number is going to continue to grow as time moves on. The only hope they'd have for dragging it out would be they have a clearer idea of how damaging public sentiment truly is to make the decision to remove easier.
I'm convinced that there's some mythical mathematical constant for, every time Trump tweets, a certain number of new people decide they're sick and tired of his shit and want him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.