Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So is there a risk in Trump creating so many scandals that public starts tuning out again, and impeachment support will lose momentum? Because during Mueller investigation, oppo kept dropping and every day there was a BREAKING NEWS alert. I feel like lot of folks tuned out after the 5th scandal and began to not care.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
So is there a risk in Trump creating so many scandals that public starts tuning out again, and impeachment support will lose momentum? Because during Mueller investigation, oppo kept dropping and every day there was a BREAKING NEWS alert. I feel like lot of folks tuned out after the 5th scandal and began to not care.
Scandals without accountability build apathy.

Scandals when building a case or an endgame in play build interest.

The democrats just need to be very careful how they pace the inquiry and levying articles of impeachment. Too fast and it could be forgotten before the election, too slow and people will lose interest.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Alex Mallin @alex_mallin

NEW: It's not just Australia. A DOJ official tells @ABC that AG Barr asked President Trump to initiate introductions between him and the leaders of Australia **and Italy.** Official confirmed Barr's trip last week to Italy was related to his review of the Russia investigation.

5:17 PM - Sep 30, 2019

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I think this is looking for something to worry about. Mueller was a hard thing for people to grasp with. This is clearly easy. One story is supporting the previous one---that Trump keeps asking people to interfere. The plot is simple as hell for people to follow.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
It's not hard to imagine how easily old white dudes could get away with tons of corruption just by being a touch more discreet.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Not just Australia, but also Italy and the UK as well for Barr

Breaking via WaPo: Attorney General Barr has held private meetings overseas with foreign intel officials seeking their help in a DOJ inquiry that Trump hopes will discredit U.S. intel agencies' examination of Russian interference in the 2016 election. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/attorney-general-barr-personally-asked-foreign-officials-to-aid-inquiry-into-cia-fbi-activities-in-2016/2019/09/30/d50cd5c4-e3a5-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html …

Attorney General William P. Barr has held private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials seeking their help in a Justice Department inquiry that President Trump hopes will discredit U.S. intelligence agencies' examination of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to people familiar with the matter.

Barr has already made overtures to British intelligence officials, and last week the attorney general traveled to Italy, where he and Durham met senior Italian government officials and Barr asked the Italians to assist Durham, according to one person familiar with the matter. It was not Barr's first trip to Italy to meet intelligence officials, the person said. The Trump administration has made similar requests of Australia, these people said.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Not just Australia, but also Italy and the UK as well for Barr

tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Dems should start working on publicizing some figures for how many taxpayer dollars Trump, Barr et al. have wasted chasing conspiracy theories solely meant to aid him in the next election and punish people who helped hold him accountable.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
While the shit hit the fan last week because of the Ukraine crimes, Barr was literally in Italy CREATING MORE CRIMES.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Barr is literally globe trotting to try to disprove the Russians even tried to interfere on Trump's behalf.

Holy shit.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So this basically all proves that Trump is so deluded that he truly does believe that he didn't receive any assistance in winning the election. His biggest victory was his and his alone.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Why would Barr, Pompeo, and Giuliani all do major fuckin crimes for Trump in the name of Russia? What on earth is behind all this?

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm not mistaken Rep. Quigley just said on MSNBC that they would be willing to go forward with inherent contempt on individuals.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even 6pm eastern yet just what the fuck are we in for today

What the fuck are we in for this week

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
They don't want anything from the Mueller report being used in the election campaign, and want to thoroughly discredit it before then.
It's entirely political.

They also want cover to pardon people. There is speculation that whole story regarding Ukraine and crowdstrike is directly to prop up Stones defense and to give cover to pardon Manafort (alongside the more obvious goal of reducing sanctions on russia over the election hacks).

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Why would Barr, Pompeo, and Giuliani all do major fuckin crimes for Trump in the name of Russia? What on earth is behind all this?

Pompeo and Giuliani are both insane in their own ways (remember Pompeo freaking out those CIA agents by talking about the Rapture), but Barr is the weird one here. The guy had been out of politics for decades and wasn't a part of Trump's orbit in the first place. But he still dragged himself out of retirement just to become Trump's toady at the DoJ. Shit's weird.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This Barr-Mueller stuff, and the Hillary emails again, it's sad how everything the clown in chief has done has only been about himself, me me me me me, and still there's a solid 30% of the country who believe he's working for them despite all evidence to the contrary. Hell, he's barely working at all. If he put half as much effort into Infrastructure Week, a North Korea deal, a China deal, an Iran deal, as he does in committing crimes, he might have actually accomplished something during his tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.