Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
If Sanders is the nominee Barr will announce an investigation over his wife's finances. If it's Warren it will be over the college registration. And Biden, well we already know what that will be about.
Yup

People need to realize that Democrats will be climbing an even steeper hill than in 2016. We were already fighting the electoral college, voter suppression, Russia, James Comey (screw this guy in particular) and Trump himself. Now they're trying to replace Comey with Ukraine's president and tossing a criminal AG into the mix. Being a democrat in the USA will soon mean we have to fight the whole damn world just to win a presidential election.

Anyone got Xi's number? :P

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what Kamala is feeling right now
source.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Porter was referred to as a "Warren Protégé", no?

Really says more about the state of Harris' campaign.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Yup

People need to realize that Democrats will be climbing an even steeper hill than in 2016. We were already fighting the electoral college, voter suppression, Russia, James Comey (screw this guy in particular) and Trump himself. Now they're trying to replace Comey with Ukraine's president and tossing a criminal AG into the mix. Being a democrat in the USA will soon mean we have to fight the whole damn world just to win a presidential election.

Anyone got Xi's number? :P

This simply isn't true when you factor in how differently Trump is now perceived by the electorate compared to before he was President and the fact that we were running the second least popular candidate of all time against him.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
tulsi is actually playing 12d chess to lose herself out of Hawaii's congressional seat. She's the hero we need.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it was missed yesterday but I absolutely love this picture:

XVL4Hla.jpg

Zuck's knees had to have been shaking.
Get him Auntieeeeeee

wig (but also, no surprise!)

No surprise there. But the more the better.

Wonder what Kamala is feeling right now, probably not too much.
Agreed. This is one of the most obvious endorsements yet. Forma Jr endorsing Forma, no wai.

Also my autocorrect seems to recognize Forma now.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
At some point, I'm going to get tired of Hillary being proven right about every damn thing.

I'll let you know when I reach that point.

Oct 27, 2017
What's the over/ under in weeks before we start getting counter-leaks from demoralized DOJ career staff about how much of a Potemkin Village this whole Barr investigation is behind the scenes?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
At some point, I'm going to get tired of Hillary being proven right about every damn thing.

I'll let you know when I reach that point.
I'm so tired.

Because it's all so awful. I'm sure she'd be happy to be wrong.

What's the over/ under in weeks before we start getting counter-leaks from demoralized DOJ career staff about how much of a Potemkin Village this whole Barr investigation is behind the scenes?
I don't know.

It's scary stuff.

If Trump gets re-elected, every possible check on his corruption will have been exhausted.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Katie Porter has been a top tier freshman since very earlier on. Hoping she remains free of real scandals, and as focused and undiluted as can be reasonably expected for a good while.

Jetsetting around the global on tax payer money in the furtherance of conspiracy theories. This from a legitimate political party in a prominent nation.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Cuomo and Ana Kasparian are destroying the Pinhead from puppet master on CNN right now.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
This simply isn't true when you factor in how differently Trump is now perceived by the electorate compared to before he was President and the fact that we were running the second least popular candidate of all time against him.
We're still fighting the all the things I mentioned and I don't trust Trump voters who say they've learned their lesson. I'll believe it when I see it, Iowa.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
That last Tucker image w/ Warren just shows how hard it is for the right-wing media to attack her plans on cost, because we've by and large already sold the country on the wealth tax.

edit: Barr is an monster but is a lower order exponent in this polynomial of horror that is this administration.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The beer thing felt pretty forced and awkward to me, at the time. Fucker Carlson commenting on it 9 months later is really stupid though. Literal non story

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
We're still fighting the all the things I mentioned and I don't trust Trump voters who say they've learned their lesson. I'll believe it when I see it, Iowa.

I don't care about ashamed Trump voters. If Dems turn out like they did in 2018 it's over. And don't forget that Republicans turned out in record numbers themselves it's not like they stayed home for the midterms, it's just that when all things are equal in terms of enthusiasm Dems greatly outnumber them.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
How reliable are the TYT reporters? Just caught up on the Pete Buttigieg stuff they have reported, and I feel like that should be a thread. Just not sure how reliable they are, but it seems legit.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care about ashamed Trump voters. If Dems turn out like they did in 2018 it's over. And don't forget that Republicans turned out in record numbers themselves it's not like they stayed home for the midterms, it's just that when all things are equal in terms of enthusiasm Dems greatly outnumber them.
That depends on who wins the primary. Really crossing my fingers for Bernie or Warren here. As for VPs I'd be fine with Beto and Stacey for starters (Gillum too if he comes out of the FBI investigation clean).

Oct 26, 2017
Again, "he's only defending her because he wants to fuck her" is gross.

Also, no. CA-25 voted for Hillary by almost 7 points after voting for Romney by less than 2 points. It has an EVEN PVI. Hill defeated an incumbent by nine points. It cannot be described as heavily Republican.

Sadly men are gross. Especially men like Gaetz.

As for CA-25, prior to Hill the district hasn't had a Democratic Rep since 1993. When a district in California has a GOP Rep. for close to 30 years straight, then I don't think it's reaching to say it leans heavily Republican. As for the Presidential point spread, this is California. Even our blood red districts that aren't way out in the sticks will occasionally vote for Democratic Presidential candidates. A better indicator of party strength and infrastructure in a district is which party party has controlled the district the last 10-15 years. Obviously the CA-25th is trending toward the Democrats, but Katie Hill is a freshmen Democrat in a district that's been controlled by Republicans since 1993. So Gaetz giving her some cover fire does help her, regardless of whatever his motivations are.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
BTW Trump is now 14 points underwater in approval on the 538 aggregate which is easily his worst since the shutdown. And unlike with the shutdown there isn't some simple fix within his control that he can do to correct it.

Oct 27, 2017
Sean Patrick Maloney on Maddow: Why have there been no leaks from Republicans on info about the Russia investigation that actually help the President? Because there isn't any info to leak that actually helps the President.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
An attorney for the South Bend Common Council told The Young Turks he may subpoena witnesses — possibly including Mayor Pete Buttigieg — starting as early as next week, to testify about police issues including Buttigieg's demotion of Darryl Boykins, the city's first black police chief.

Buttigieg demoted Boykins and fired civilian police staffer Karen DePaepe in 2012 for their handling of recorded police phone calls, some of which DePaepe transferred to cassette tapes. The tapes have been one of South Bend's biggest mysteries and controversies ever since.

The Council has for years pursued a lawsuit to force the tapes' release. TYT reported last month that, in city legal documents, DePaepe describes white police officers on the tapes discussing using Buttigieg's 2011 campaign donors to get him to remove Boykins. The donors told TYT they deny knowledge of any such plan.

DePaepe also wrote that officers spoke in ebonics and said, "It's going to be a fun time when all white people are in charge."

I know many of you don't like TYT, but I think this article from one of their reporters is important. Petes done some scummy shit that should be talked about more in the main stream.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
The South Bend stuff is 10x worse than Jeremiah Wright or even Biden's Iraq War vote. When the events went down earlier in the year I didn't understand why it wasn't instantly disqualifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.