Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose it will be quantifiable how many of Bernie's votes in SC's open primary are from Republicans who are being told to vote for Bernie by the SC GOP, will it?
This is always like such a small % of the vote every time someone makes a big deal of it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump less than a week ago:

Highest Stock Market In History, By Far!

S&P500 down 7.5% since then.

Trump a day ago:

Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

S&P500 down 3% since then.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
It's pretty disgusting Trump is just nakedly concerned about the stock market during what could be a potential health pandemic.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Dow drops 879 points after a thousand point drop

Trump: "Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

Imagine if earlier presidents had Twitter to comment about the stock market.

Hoover, October 28th, 1929: "A bit rough at the end of last week, but be prepared to buy, buy, buy the next couple of days!"

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
The Occupy movement didn't see any measure of success, if only because it was an actual movement.
Compare how frequently the phrase "income inequality" was used by politicians before and after OWS. Then look at who the current Democratic frontrunner for president is.

Then get back to me on this because uh... that certainly seems like at least some measure of success to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Compare how frequently the phrase "income inequality" was used by politicians before and after OWS. Then look at who the current Democratic frontrunner for president is.

Then get back to me on this because uh... that certainly seems like at least some measure of success to me.
OWS definitely lived on through Bernie's candidacy and DSA. They died so much we hear about "the 1%" every day now!

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Why would trump's doctor want him to eat healthier if after his physical he said that trump is the picture of health?
I mean, he couldn't have been lying, could he?

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
: raises hand :

I hide vegetables in my mashed potatoes so my husband will eat some vegetables. My kids all love vegetables, but I literally have to hide them to get my husband to get within 10 feet of them.
Perdue's Chicken Plus product is doing the same thing packaging veggies inside chicken

It'd be a good trick for you

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
This is true.

Just as early I said we shouldn't handwave this because the market has down this several times under Trump and bounced right back, we also shouldn't assume it's horrible.

A 3% drop is significant, but the real measure is not a one-day drop, but the result over time. For the record, a 5% drop is considered a crash, so this isn't nothing. But the real measure is how this shakes out over time.

Personally, I'm ready for the inevitable downturn to start. I think the pieces are all in place for it. But who knows.

On a related note, there's nothing that bothers be more than cable financial news reporting on the market. "Third biggest drop since 20xx!" or whatever. I get they need to make headlines but what they come up with is such nonsense.

Quoting myself--

The issue isn't a one (or two) day move, it's a trend. 2 days of sub crash (6.5% drop) is worse than what technically gets called a crash (a 5% drop). Now, does the market bounce on the buy opportunity, or continue to slide?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump's last two physicals were reported in mid-Jan 2018 and then early-Feb 2019. It's now end-Feb. What is he hiding?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Also, OWS was a success. It made "income inequality" an everyday phrase, and it catapulted it onto top-issues lists.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Trump less than a week ago:

Highest Stock Market In History, By Far!

S&P500 down 7.5% since then.

Trump a day ago:

Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

S&P500 down 3% since then.
Trump and various GOP members would have been calling for the Democratic president's head if the roles were reversed.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will make me happier than seeing "Susan Collins: CNN contributor"

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This take has aged poorly.

Dow gonna go in free fall with Olympics announcement.
it didn't if you actually follow the stock market even a little. so far this is nothing but a buying opportunity. if the dow jones is still down months from now you might have a point, but several months of steady climbing seldom makes the news like some plunging (like after that hilarious "dow jones down 600 points" thread which was updated with "now down 1000," as if nothing happened in between).

basically, so far this is just investors banking some of their winnings. and if the corona virus is actually worth a real panic, we have bigger problems than the stock market.

that is not to say the stock market can't or won't truly come crashing down. it certainly will at some point. but if you can predict when that happens you will be very rich indeed. but this is still just a blip on the radar.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it didn't if you actually follow the stock market even a little. so far this is nothing but a buying opportunity. if the dow jones is still down months from now you might have a point, but several months of steady climbing seldom makes the news like some plunging (like after that hilarious "dow jones down 600 points" thread which was updated with "now down 1000," as if nothing happened in between).

basically, so far this is just investors banking some of their winnings. and if the corona virus is actually worth a real panic, we have bigger problems than the stock market.

that is not to say the stock market can't or won't truly come crashing down. it certainly will at some point. but if you can predict when that happens you will be very rich indeed. but this is still just a blip on the radar.
We have cornavirus fears
China's whole situation
Brexit

That shit couldn't be any more precarious if it tried. And this is all being kept afloat with low interest rates for apparently no reason. And Andufacturing declined.

Just the greatest signs all around.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Tierney Sneed @Tierney_Megan

A second juror, Juror B, is now up for questioning. Juror B confirms that secret ballot selected foreperson.

Juror B reveals that it was the FOREPERSON (the target of Stone's claims) who suggested the jury slow down and look at one of the counts more closely​

4:43 PM - Feb 25, 2020

Josh Gerstein @joshgerstein

JUROR B: 'Each person just say what they had to say about each count.' No concerns about foreperson trying to impose her views on jury

NEWS: JUROR B says forewoman was the one who raised a question about one count that resulted in a jury question. Not helpful for defense that juror they are accusing of bias was one who slowed down deliberations on one count.​

4:44 PM - Feb 25, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.