Status
Not open for further replies.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
What's funny is if someone went up to Bernie and said "All your supporters are toxic online" he'd (rightly) be pissed off. But, apparently, it's fine to tell Pete that all his supporters are billionaires. It's absurd.

no, what someone SHOULD do is point out that Our Revolution which heavily funds sanders takes a shitload of dark money and he has no idea WHO is funding his campaign. I thought Pete was going to- he was about three seconds from landing that hit.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
That Bernie answer was not good. Started horrible, ended alright I suppose, but the shock of the start didn't work.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man gun laws is such a weak spot for Bernie.

Thankfully... this is one thing which is fine for the general election.

Also every time Bernie starts, a bunch of boos start before he even says something lol.

Dec 31, 2017
Here's the problem with Bernie's answers, he needs to shake it off and not respond back directly. Just answer the question. Him getting baited is his weakest quality.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So, to be clear, we're supposed to forgive Bernie for making a "bad" vote, but Biden's bad vote is disqualifying.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I mean, as someone who works in the news, the moderators are doing a great job. You think their job duties actually involve moderating a clean and productive debate? The bigger and messier the drama, the better for CBS. That's the goal.

Then they don't need moderators.

Also if people shut this off it's certainly not their goal.

Dick in the deer stand.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Pete is doing well. I fucking hate the filibuster, anyone that hits anyone who supports it is a good thing.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn hitting Bernie on the filibuster now.

I mean it's not wrong, can't pass actual progressive policies with the filibuster up. But also what Bernie can't really say is that the opposite can occur when GOP can go ham on passing really shit bills to law.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Damn hitting Bernie on the filibuster now.

I mean it's not wrong, can't pass actual progressive policies with the filibuster up. But also what Bernie can't really say is that the opposite can occur when GOP can go ham on passing really shit bills to law.
Yes, but it's worth it if we get some legit good legislation out of it. They already use reconciliation to get what they want...

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
There's no more debates before super tuesday?

Nope. Which means this is the last debate for amy/pete/steyer/bloomberg/warren if they don't do well, but only Pete is acting like it.

You know what? I take that back. Steyer came ready to play. if not for the fact that no one knows who the hell he is, he'd be killing it.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pete with the legit good shot at Sanders not supporting getting rid of the fillibuster, and Sanders just avoided talking about it at all in his response.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Sanders just has to be better at pivoting. In a 5v1 situation you have to bob and weave. Message discipline helps, but he needs a little more than that tonight.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders just has to be better at pivoting. In a 5v1 situation you have to bob and weave. Message discipline helps, but he needs a little more than that tonight.
The audience is definitely not with him, very obviously has Bloomberg plants in there. It's throwing him off his rhythm since he feeds off of the crowd very well.

Oct 26, 2017
How are we on debate #20 about Bernie's gun votes when Iran and Russia just slaughtered hundreds of thousands of people in Syria, what the fuck?

How to actually deal with India and Iran is something the president will do. The president will not control gun control policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.