Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For the liability thing, my understanding is that it excludes gross incompetence. So if a business is reasonably taking precautions, they're protected. If they intentionally don't have guidelines/sanitation and are just being negligent, then not.

If that's the case and Dems get the vast majority of their demands, it might be worth accepting. I get that's still shitty, but I could see that. But as it stands now, then yeah no way that can happen. And hopefully people see liability protections as bullshit in general and not worth keeping to prevent real help from coming.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Elections no longer delayed. Donald wants you to drain the swamp on Nov 3rd:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Very disappointed in @SenSchumer for blocking the temporary extension of the $600 unemployment benefits. The Do Nothing Democrats are more interested in playing politics than in helping our deserving people. DRAIN THE SWAMP ON NOVEMBER 3RD!

3:37 PM · Jul 31, 2020

He properly tagged Schumer and didn't use a nickname so someone else wrote the tweet.

I guess this is their new strategy?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unemployment needs to be 600 through the rest of the year to even consider passing it with those protections. There will certainly not be any legislation passed basically until next year so this is the last chance

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm so tired of that bs framing.

Dems: Passed bill way back on May 15th to extend the benefits. Mitch wouldn't bring it to a vote.
GOP: Sat on that bill, waited until the last minute, failed to do anything.

And people actually believe that "do nothing Dems" crap.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Elections no longer delayed. Donald wants you to drain the swamp on Nov 3rd:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Very disappointed in @SenSchumer for blocking the temporary extension of the $600 unemployment benefits. The Do Nothing Democrats are more interested in playing politics than in helping our deserving people. DRAIN THE SWAMP ON NOVEMBER 3RD!

3:37 PM · Jul 31, 2020

He properly tagged Schumer and didn't use a nickname so someone else wrote the tweet.

But House Democrats already passed a plan since May??? The only thing disappointing is shirtbag trying to deflect while cutting UI and trying to get liability protection for corporations.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of that bs framing.

Dems: Passed bill way back on May 15th to extend the benefits. Mitch wouldn't bring it to a vote.
GOP: Sat on that bill, waited until the last minute, failed to do anything.

And people actually believe that "do nothing Dems" crap.
This is a problem with Dems messaging and how they expect the media to do their messaging job for them instead of being all over tv making this point

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
1. Article that says Bass and her allies are putting on a full court press shockingly contains a lot of quotes from Bass allies putting on a full court press.
2. Bass reportedly has absolutely no ambition to be President, but a burning desire to be VP, the VP literally having no constitutional duties other than to step in as President.
3. Biden's oft-stated desire that his VP should transition to a new generation of Democratic leadership will have him pick an Obama alum (Rice) or someone who supposedly has no desire to lead (Bass).
4. Biden's main flaw has always been indecisiveness. I expect no less from the VP search.
5. Harris at least seems like she wants to be president.
6. No one outside Joe & Jill actually knows anything, least of all reporters for articles about the VP search.
7. Duckworth for VP.

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
1. Article that says Bass and her allies are putting on a full court press shockingly contains a lot of quotes from Bass allies putting on a full court press.
2. Bass reportedly has absolutely no ambition to be President, but a burning desire to be VP, the VP literally having no constitutional duties other than to step in as President.
3. Biden's oft-stated desire that his VP should transition to a new generation of Democratic leadership will have him pick an Obama alum (Rice) or someone who supposedly has no desire to lead (Bass).
4. Biden's main flaw has always been indecisiveness. I expect no less from the VP search.
5. Harris at least seems like she wants to be president.
6. No one outside Joe & Jill actually knows anything, least of all reporters for articles about the VP search.
7. Duckworth for VP.

I actually agree now.

Of all the VP picks.

The Untouchable ticket is

Biden, Duckworth.

GoP//Trump would be unable to attack them

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
Dem lawmaker at election security briefing adds that US officials are NOT warning about forged ballots, something Trump said just today Russia and China would do. Our story: https://cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/trump-intelligence-officials-contradict-mail-in-voting-sow-doubt-foreign/index.html…

Rep. Jared "Please Wear a Mask" Huffman

@JaredHuffman

US House candidate, CA-2

I received the latest classified Intel briefing on election security yesterday. Tons of information about real threats, but nothing - literally zero - about any country doing or preparing to do this. Trump is lying again. https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1289274890982313984…
4:10 PM · Jul 31, 2020

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Jason Lewis deserves to lose by way more than 9 points, he is an absolute slimeball of a person.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

FACT CHECK: Pelosi passed a six-month extension of the $600/week payment in the House. Senate Republicans oppose that idea and offered one yesterday to cut it to $200/week or 66% of wages, which Schumer blocked while calling for passage of the House bill.

Trump's position on jobless aid has zigzagged. On 7/1 he told Fox Biz the $600 payment was a "disincentive to work." On 7/29 he told reporters the Dem-backed figure isn't "high enough." Yesterday I asked Cos Meadows about this; he said DJT favors McSally's 1-week $600 extension.

4:05 PM · Jul 31, 2020

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kevin Robillard @Robillard

One thing to remember as you read VP search stories: Biden has been in politics for so long that he has countless friends and allies, but his actual inner circle consists of a very small number of people who don't regularly talk to the press.

3:17 PM · Jul 31, 2020

Steadman™ @AsteadWesley

people who have strong opinions on running mates are deep partisans who are already voting. one of the reasons the discourse around it is so bad, is that the process is really a vibes contest ppl act like is an electoral one

4:28 PM · Jul 31, 2020

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
1. It really sucks to see Kamala Harris being put through the bullshit ringer for a second time. She's tough, but it hurts to see.
2. It sucks seeing Karen Bass being pit against her as the "anti-Kamala" when they're actually good friends irl and have always supported each other. It really sucks to see people "lifting up" Bass because she's, apparently, "docile."
3. It sucks seeing the Democratic Party being so. damn. awful about all this racism and misogyny being aimed at every Black woman alleged to be on the VP shortlist. And racism and misogyny is exactly what this is.
4. it sucks that Biden won't make up his goddamn mind so this can stop.
5. The Democratic Party really does not deserve the loyalty that Black people give it. Really doesn't deserve it.

I'm tired. Black people are tired.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
1. It really sucks to see Kamala Harris being put through the bullshit ringer for a second time. She's tough, but it hurts to see.
2. It sucks seeing Karen Bass being pit against her as the "anti-Kamala" when they're actually good friends irl and have always supported each other. It really sucks to see people "lifting up" Bass because she's, apparently, "docile."
3. It sucks seeing the Democratic Party being so. damn. awful about all this racism and misogyny being aimed at every Black woman alleged to be on the VP shortlist. And racism and misogyny is exactly what this is.
5. The Democratic Party really does not deserve the loyalty that Black people give it. Really doesn't deserve it.

The people jockeying behind the scenes and leaking are horrible people.

Oct 25, 2017
For the liability thing, my understanding is that it excludes gross incompetence. So if a business is reasonably taking precautions, they're protected. If they intentionally don't have guidelines/sanitation and are just being negligent, then not.

Only issue is 'Gross' necessitates a level of willfulness in the negligence that, depending on the case, can be a high bar to clear.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Didn't Politico already accidentally "leak" that VPmala is real?
Probably not. I imagine they have prepared articles or blurbs for all the major VP choices. Same with how basically every noteworthy celebrity and politician you can think of already has pre-written obituaries just in case (CNN accidentally ran a report of Biden's death in 2015, straight up).

I can only imagine the wrench Palin's pick in 08 threw into all that for them...

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017

100% agreed on all counts.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I saw #IStandWithRingo trending and I immediately thought, "Fuck me, did Ringo Starr rape someone?"

And instead found this:

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know next to nothing about Bass, but Wikipedia tells me she was part of the Venceremos Brigade, and now she has my attention!

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. I imagine they have prepared articles or blurbs for all the major VP choices. Same with how basically every noteworthy celebrity and politician you can think of already has pre-written obituaries just in case (CNN accidentally ran a report of Biden's death in 2015, straight up).

I can only imagine the wrench Palin's pick in 08 threw into all that for them...

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Not at all convinced convinced the VP spot moves the dial nearly as much as they're marketing it to in this particular election. Historically the data makes it relevant on the margins based on the state the VP reps. No one is worrying about my state margins fam.
Just pick a fucking VP already god damn.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Not at all convinced convinced the VP spot moves the dial nearly as much as they're marketing it to in this particular election.
Just pick a fucking VP already god damn.

At this point the VP selection is causing more harm than good.

Several talented, exceptional, gifted Black women are being dragged through the mud while Biden twiddles his goddamn fingers.

I have never before been this disgusted with my party.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
VP jockeying and lobbying is incredibly common, no? Are these leaks being done by Biden's people or people trying to angle in for a position?

Either way, I think only those that closely follow politics are paying attention to that. And whenever it's announced, people will move on and talk about something else.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
lmao the daily caller just linked Bass to scientology with a story a minute ago.
Apparently someone in that rag outlet found an oppo for even a mostly unknown.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
It's literally on the main site of the Scientology website. But yeah....game over. That's 100% disqualifying.

Yeah seems she was there for a blue ribbon opening.
www.scientology.org

Los Angeles Cuts the Ribbon on a New Ideal Church of Scientology

The world’s first Church of Scientology, formed in 1954, joined the global roster of Ideal Churches of Scientology on April 24, 2010.

Also commemorating the occasion was Ms. Karen Bass, Speaker Emeritus of the California State Assembly: "As a public servant, I try to do everything in my power to give a voice to the voiceless, and to guarantee that no one goes unheard. But through human rights education, we empower everyone to lift their voice and to be heard. The Church of Scientology I know has made a difference, because your Creed is a universal creed and one that speaks to all people everywhere."

Between Qanon, wild conspiracies and the like... I should have expected scientology to show up eventually.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

BREAKING: #SCOTUS won't halt construction of border wall during litigation. Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan dissent.

Status
Not open for further replies.