Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Narcissists are self-loathing in their own way. Look at all the lies Trump tells to cover up his self-perceived inadequacies. He hates his hands. He hates his pale skin.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Narcissists are self-loathing in their own way. Look at all the lies Trump tells to cover up his self-perceived inadequacies. He hates his hands. He hates his pale skin.
And he spends literally (and I do mean literally) every moment of his life trying to put up what he thinks is the right appearance, in the most shallow way. No substance, and nothing real, just the right image. He's a walking photo-op. He doesn't know anything but perceived brands, marketing and "how it looks on TV".

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Fed gonna leave Biden in a SHITTY position when he assumes office lol.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But every single police department has no interest in real reforms. They dont need anymore money
They take it anyway, this community policing money sounds great, but in reality how it works is that police department write grant proposals (which the feds tells you exactly how to write so they get approved) and then get some sweet sweet federal money.
There is very little oversight and the definition of community policing is so vague and broad, that stuff like Meth Task Force Extreme Breaking Bad Training routinely get funded from that program. It created a whole cottage industry of people who sell those training and seminars and are also expert in helping police departments write grant proposals so they can get what they're selling for free (free for them, cost money to us of course).

We spent over 14 billion dollars with this shitty program and community policing has not improved since 1994, this program need to be killed, not given more money.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fed gonna leave Biden in a SHITTY position when he assumes office lol.

zp6GMbL.png

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Graduated college in 2008 during the peak of the crisis last time, I do not envy the kids graduating into the market today.
I graduated in 08 and I've just now finished going back to school for a career change that's probably DOA now.

Sorry everyone. I'll stop going back to school from here on out so there will be no more recessions.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
I will be the most confused person on Earth when the OANN poll shows a 7 point Biden lead.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
its going to go lower.

Trump does not understand how to fix the situations at hand. his only reference is mob movie tactics, and limp strong man. which, both of those tactics make the current situation wrose

Yep, my personal worst case projection for trump approvals was 35%, just in a month or two, having him crash through the 40% floor and sink lower in JUNE is accelerating the timeline to his implosion at the polls.

Now the floor might well be lower the 08 Bush. Which is some terrible, terrible news for the GOP.

I'm just waiting for the stories about how the campaign staff is feeding him and others in the campaign fake polls and data. You know it's coming. They have already changed the campaign staff to Jared fucking Kushner to head it up and hired a fake poll pollster.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, my personal worst case projection for trump approvals was 35%, just in a month or two, having him crash through the 40% floor and sink lower in JUNE is accelerating the timeline to his implosion at the polls.

Now the floor might well be lower the 08 Bush. Which is some terrible, terrible news for the GOP.

I'm just waiting for the stories about how the campaign staff is feeding him and others in the campaign fake polls and data. You know it's coming. They have already changed the campaign staff and hired a fake poll pollster.
so, if by sept./oct. USA is at 200K deaths from covid, And unemployment is about where it is atm, I expect he will hit 32% approval, and only 70% from gop approval.

thing is, we havent felt the real impact of the unemployment crisis yet.
thats essentially a tsunami, with all the water gone, and people going its fine.
the stormsurge is approaching, and will no longer be mitigated after july PPP runs dry.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Marjorie Greene, who just won the GOP primary in Georgia's 14th Congressional District, believes that the US military may be causing school shootings by transmitting voices into the heads of troubled students

Yikes. This lady going to be in Congress.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Making people wait 4-7 hours to vote should be criminal. Instead it's treated like someone wearing mismatched socks.

Oct 26, 2017

I'm just waiting for the stories about how the campaign staff is feeding him and others in the campaign fake polls and data. You know it's coming. They have already changed the campaign staff to Jared fucking Kushner to head it up and hired a fake poll pollster.
ahh fuck.

we might legit get a geb bush run in some years. him or romney in 2024 is my guess. ughh

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Even with Trump burnt as a political power, I don't think the GOP at large wants there to be digging into his activities. State stuff will happen regardless.

Not openly anyway. Personally, I think the GOP at large (meaning the folks who were in charge before Trump reduced them to figureheads) would secretly love Biden's AG to go nuts on Trump. Trump won't be truly burnt as a political power as long as he keeps holding rallies and holds on to the 20% or so die-hard MAGA fans who currently idolize him. Even if he were booted from office, I suspect he'd try to maintain his grip on the Republican base because he needs the adulation and forcing Republican politicians to keep kissing his ring in order to avoid attacks from the base would be a welcome bonus with the ultimate prize being a kingmaker for 2024 and turning the primaries into a "Presidential Apprentice".

Especially if Trump losing causes the senate to flip, there's no way Republican officials will want him to continue being the official voice of the party and forcing them to defend his inane statements to journalists. A Democratic-led DOJ trying to throw Trump in jail would be the best of two worlds for Republicans. It would remove a millstone from their neck while at the same time allowing them to instigate a political backlash, rally the furious base and fundraise off of Trump's misery without him getting a dime off of it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Powell just bent the knee. He said QE and 0% rates indefinitely, regardless of the bubble he's inflating. He's desperate to give Trump the stock market boost he needs.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Powell just bent the knee. He said QE and 0% rates indefinitely, regardless of the bubble he's inflating. He's desperate to give Trump the stock market boost he needs.

The Fed's estimate is that unemployment is going to be very elevated until late 2022. Raising rates in that environment would be a terrible idea. We're years away from any inflation risk.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Fed's estimate is that unemployment is going to be very elevated until late 2022. Raising rates in that environment would be a terrible idea. We're years away from any inflation risk.
The thing about inflation hawks is that they are generally unmoved by facts.
If the inflation is too low than it's just lulling us into a false sense of security.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Completely disagree. There is already rampant inflation in housing, stocks, food, tuition, healthcare. Rates are only half of it. Why does he need to print $120BN per month with stocks at all-time highs?

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump was sabotaging his own campaign what he would get out of it is a definitive understanding of what the absolute floor is on his support. If that proved to be something like 30%, couldn't he theoretically hold the GOP hostage? With a media network (OANN) and half of the Republican voting population it doesn't really matter if he loses, he controls the base, narrative, and policy moving forward from the right. That in itself would be a pretty scary situation that he could leverage to prop up other parts of his family.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So it's kinda wild seeing people devolve into right wing lunatics. Have an old classmate on social who was fairly liberal. Then she married a park ranger who became a cop. Now she's sharing pragerU and a bunch of right wing nonsense along with saying her mind has been opened. Her page went from some occasional occupy democrats to right wing propaganda. All she's doing is defending cops and posting other conspiracy theories along with not once mentioning George Floyd's murder.

Also she is a minority and her husband is one too. And tbh it's been insane seeing minorities I know share conspiracy theories and right wing propaganda meanwhile I'm seeing white people outta nowhere in strong support of BLM and calling out their white friends and family.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Completely disagree. There is already rampant inflation in housing, stocks, food, tuition, healthcare. Rates are only half of it. Why does he need to print $120BN per month with stocks at all-time highs?

Stock prices going up isn't inflation, are you just upset that Powell won't play along with your shorts? And there has been only minimal inflation in food prices for years, while health care inflation has come way down since the ACA passed.

Yes, housing prices are still going up because more people want to buy than there are properties. The only way to stop that is for the Fed to let the economy tank and force millions of people out of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.