• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Got:
  • Kinetica
  • Fantavision
  • Bully
  • Manhunt
  • The Warriors
  • Red Dead Revolver
  • War of the Monsters
  • Ape Escape 2
  • Hot Shots Tennis
  • Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
bout to get my ps2 on. fitting as I also just got the "classic" theme, which by the way, is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be some awesome games on sale, but I would like to divert people's attention to Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun. It is easily one of the best stealth games available this gen, and is criminally underrated.

Stealth gameplay is accompanied by a great cast of characters, a brilliant story, and the classic feudal Japan setting. For those interested in any of the mentioned should at least check it out.

For those of you old-school people who played the Commandos series, should definitely consider it, as it plays almost the same except the controls are much better and the gameplay is much smoother.

Reposting for new page.

Fantastic game that I haven't been able to put down since purchasing it earlier today.

Remk NG

Apr 16, 2018
I am down for the silver case and maybe looking at some PS2 classics
Rogue Galaxy and Wild Arms 3 are grabbing my interest.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda wanna get Doom cause blowing up demons with a shotty sounds fun right now.

Wish it had HDR though.

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if they're adding more games next week, or that's it?
I was hoping for another GR2 sale before they shut down the servers

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
You know what's really petty ? That I can't bring myself to buy Dark Cloud on PS4 because there's a bug in the PS4 version's intro theme song and they never fixed it. I know, that's really stupid, but I can't help it.

MPrza

Oct 30, 2017
Final Haul:
-Nioh Complete
-Cities Skylines Complete
-Edith Finch
-Shadow Tactics
-wolfenstein 2
-Fallout 4 Complete

-20% from the days of play PS4 I bought for the kids
- 40 bucks Psn credit from gamestop rewards
=65 usd

Decided against getting the ps4 versions of ff1x and ffxii since they're games I completed in my childhood and unlikely to play again.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't agree, X is better in my opinion, XII has some cool things about it though.
I dislike FFX's linearity, its combat system, its character design and its UI, and the story feels overly melodramatic. I also think FFXII overall has better music, and of course FFXII's graphic is on another level.

Basically, I can't find a single thing in FFX that I prefer to FFXII.

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
ia dragom quest heroes a good starting dragon quest game? ive always wanted to try one

or that dragon quest game with the big tree?
Heroes relies a lot on nostalgia. Your character interacts with heroes from different so you'll probably lost as to who these guys are and why they're such a big deal.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dislike FFX's linearity, its combat system, its character design and its UI, and the story feels overly melodramatic. I also think FFXII overall has better music, and of course FFXII's graphic is on another level.

I prefer the characters, The story, The battle system, Music on X better than XII but it's all opinions.
Honest question...what's so bad about it?
It's not a bad game, i t was really buggy at launch but it's gotten better now.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
How is ESO? I have way too many games to play but thought it might be worth it for $10.

Kinda of like Skyrim, but with a bunch of immersion breaking players jumping up and down everywhere. The are a fuck ton of questlines and stories, almost all are solo-able. So if you like Skyrim and can put up with some mmo bullshit, it is worth trying.

You really need to sub ($14/mo) for the game not to be annoying tho.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't read the book myself, neither have i completed the game yet. However, from what I have played, it's awesome. Think Telltale game but better in every way :D. It has great storyline, great characters & decisions actually matter. I am really enjoying my time with it. For 12$, it's a great deal imo
Thank you. Do yourself a favor and read the book. It's fantastic

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Thinking about getting GTA IV complete edition for PS3, I only have the standard physic edition. It's worth it?

I have that fear "maybe Sony will disable PS3 downloads..."

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

What???

From my experience, FFX's score utterly destroys FFXII and it's not even close.

FFXII had the least medolic soundtrack track I've heard in a game, which is crazy for final fantasy standards. Nearly everything was forgettable. Note that I was just 20 hours in so there was probably plenty I missed out on. I'll know for sure when I actually play it again. But for me, every other final fantasy game I've played nailed it (FFVI, FFIV, FFVII, FFXIII, FFXV) as well as the one I've not yet played.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone for your input - didn't mean to start an X vs XII debate lol.

Ended up getting both because I had some leftover credit on my PSN account I forgot about and I will figure out which one I wanna play first when I'm done with Horizon

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Outcast - Second Contact is 15.99.

Was always fascinated with this game growing up; is it any good?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Kinda of like Skyrim, but with a bunch of immersion breaking players jumping up and down everywhere. The are a fuck ton of questlines and stories, almost all are solo-able. So if you like Skyrim and can put up with some mmo bullshit, it is worth trying.

You really need to sub ($14/mo) for the game not to be annoying tho.
Wait really? What's annoying about the game if you don't sub?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
12 is overrated as hell. It plays itself and doesn't even have a story. Such a great game.
Not sure if you're just being snarky but the gambit system allows for a lot more than automated combat.

You can program basic actions and then sit back on your couch and sip Mountain Dew, or you can design complex sets of conditionals that do all sorts of cool things in different situations, like Ashe10 does in his crazy in-depth and optimized FFXII playthroughs.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Wait really? What's annoying about the game if you don't sub?

It's really not that bad if you don't sub. The only big annoyance would be if you decide to get really into crafting, as with ESO Plus you get a crafting bag that can hold an unlimited amount of crafting materials. Otherwise trying to store all of them in the bank space you have can get a bit tough.

Other than that, I can't see what would be annoying if you don't sub.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
If you're a PSVR owner, I highly recommend Shooty Fruity. It's a bizarre premise but it's kind of a mix between Job Simulator and a wave shooter, and it's incredibly fun. Lots of levels and unlocks and it controls great.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
Just bought:

Siren
Hot Shots Tennis
The Silver Case
Vagrant Story to play on the Vita
The Surge

So many games and the sale is pretty long. Ill probably drop another $30 next week and the week after which I'm sure Sony's counting on.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It's really not that bad if you don't sub. The only big annoyance would be if you decide to get really into crafting, as with ESO Plus you get a crafting bag that can hold an unlimited amount of crafting materials. Otherwise trying to store all of them in the bank space you have can get a bit tough.

Other than that, I can't see what would be annoying if you don't sub.
Yeah, it's not really annoying at all if you've played other MMO's. Managing your bank space and inventory space is par for the course. Really, ESO+ just makes things more convenient.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking about getting fallout 4 complete. I had a lot of fun in spite of its flaws when I owned a PS4 a couple years ago but haven't played with the mods or expansions. I know the situation with the Sony mods is kinda garbage but do they at least add a little fun to building, guns, etc?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how cheap the darksiders games are but the Fury collection that has both of them in one is still full price

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I was curious about dishonored 2 and tried the demo. How is that even playable with the weird, laggy camera? It's like I'm playing drunk or something

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any digital-only games involved in this sale that are absolute, indisputable "must-haves"? Even if the price is significantly lower, I'll skip a good game if I can buy it physically. I'm just interested in digital releases, that don't even have limited physical versions. I got FFIX, because I doubt we'll ever get a physical copy for PS4. Any other suggestions?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Are there any digital-only games involved in this sale that are absolute, indisputable "must-haves"? Even if the price is significantly lower, I'll skip a good game if I can buy it physically. I'm just interested in digital releases, that don't even have limited physical versions. I got FFIX, because I doubt we'll ever get a physical copy for PS4. Any other suggestions?
You can actually filter the webstore with PSN only titles.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us...S4G/1?gameType=psn_games&relationship=add-ons

Apr 24, 2018
Thanks for posting about this sale, OP. I regretted not purchasing Ys Origin earlier this year/last year when it was on sale for $10, so I was very excited to be able to grab it for $8! Also picked up Song of the Deep for under $4 because that seems like an awesome price, and I had enough funds in my PSN wallet to do so.