• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if anyone is framing it as "saving brown people", but children of migrants get placed in foster homes or adopted, and then the parents are deported without an opportunity for reunification. Been going on for a while now, here's a report from last year:

This strategy of taking POC children and placing them with white families in order to anglicize them is much older than the current border issues. Canada has been doing this to native communities since at least the 1950s. They're just applying the same strategy to a different population.
Yo America also did this. Time is a flat circle!

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Maybe this will convince anti-vaxxers that vaccines aren't actually a government plot to control your brains or whatever

I dunno I'm trying to find a silver lining in this fucked up trump world man :(

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So glad to see the budget going towards helping these people out just like all the centrists told us. Oh wait no, its being used to make it worse.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was wondering how they were planning to kill them.
Yeah, they must feel it gives the plausible deniability "it was illness we didn't want this to happen" *fake sadface* plus they are probably already rock hard about the PR spin when they will say "we told you they were dirty filthy people bringing disease thank god we nipped that in the bud before hitting the genpop"nevermind that Trump and cronies are all aboard with the Anti-Vaxxer nitwits who without we could still be living in a world where these diseases are not a fear since they were...I don't know...like until recently MOSTLY eradicated.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard the term sealioning before. I'm not even sure I understand its usage in this context after googling it.

It's more like JAQing off.

The act of asking leading questions to influence your audience, then hiding behind the defense that they're "Just Asking Questions," even when the underlying assumptions are completely insane.

Don't indulge people that ask ridiculous questions and hide behind it when questioned.

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aside from net benefit of treating people humanely, wouldn't flu shots be a significantly cheaper alternative than dealing with a potential breakout and the public outcry that would occur from the deaths? Even in these camps, I'm sure we provide medical professionals for emergencies and an outbreak would spread them thin and ultimately tax payers would cover the bill.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aside from net benefit of treating people humanely, wouldn't flu shots be a significantly cheaper alternative than dealing with a potential breakout and the public outcry that would occur from the deaths? Even in these camps, I'm sure we provide medical professionals for emergencies.
Theyre trying to kill them. That is the point

Oct 28, 2017
Aside from net benefit of treating people humanely, wouldn't flu shots be a significantly cheaper alternative than dealing with a potential breakout and the public outcry that would occur from the deaths? Even in these camps, I'm sure we provide medical professionals for emergencies.
Evil. The cruelty is the point. Among other savory thing to say.

Oct 29, 2017
What is exactly their endgame with these camps? Have they been releasing people from them, either back to Mexico or into the US? Or are they just holding them indefinitely for the time being? I am very curious about this.

The cruelty is the point.
They probably don't care if deaths occur from this.

Oct 28, 2017
What is exactly their endgame with these camps? Have they been releasing people from them, either back to Mexico or into the US? Or are they just holding them indefinitely for the time being? I am very curious about this.

Imagine the worst thing you can think of, and worse than that would be your answer.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

They've been releasing them yes, just after detaining them for a longer period of time than they're legally allowed to. Like a month or more instead of a week.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's more like JAQing off.

Don't indulge people that ask ridiculous questions and hide behind it when questioned.
I love that the answer to this term I never heard before is another term I never heard before. Today is making me feel old.

In any case, is this a decision that could be overridden by Congress or challenged in court to keep it from going into effect?

Nov 1, 2017

The endgame is that through torture, molestation, rape and directly/indirectly causing deaths, brown people will feel less inclined to come here and eliminate the risk that the white supremacist majority system that is modern day America is disrupted.

Jan 10, 2018

Getting rich. And being cruel. It has no need for reasons beyond that for now

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Boy it sure is good that centrists voted to fund these camps that they could. *checks notes* Not provide the most basic level of human care.
The endgame is that through torture, molestation, rape and directly/indirectly causing deaths, brown people will feel less inclined to come here and eliminate the risk that the white supremacist majority system that is modern day America is disrupted.
Not even that.

The end goal is torture, rape, and murder. This is the ends not the means.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Did they provide flu vaccinations last year? The article doesn't say but I'd imagine they didn't considering they had even fewer doctors and medical facilities working at the border at the time.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
This isn't just cruel and inhuman, it's also short-sighted. Not treating diseases correctly could also harm Americans, they can spread out and infect other people. Eventually it's not just the flu.

Oct 28, 2017
Boy it sure is good that centrists voted to fund these camps that they could. *checks notes* Not provide the most basic level of human care.

Not even that.

The end goal is torture, rape, and murder. This is the ends not the means.
In all honesty it's both. Commit vile acts which you derive sick pleasure from to further your political agenda. They are enjoying every step of it.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
This strategy of taking POC children and placing them with white families in order to anglicize them is much older than the current border issues. Canada has been doing this to native communities since at least the 1950s. They're just applying the same strategy to a different population.
I definitely don't want to derail this thread, and I definitely don't want to claim that this didn't happen, it did. Canada has some horrible shit in it's past regarding indigenous folks that we're going to have to answer for. Residential Schools, eugenics board, forced adoptions, it's all unbelievably awful and I know there's a tonne I'm leaving out.

That being said, the forced adoptions stopped in the 1980s, and the Government is at least making some steps towards reparations. That's not to say that there aren't still issues and systemic racism and abuse still happening in Canada, it's just to say that it's not a formal policy like we're seeing here.

Really not trying to be confrontational! Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That seems sooo short-sighted and stupid. Not only would it hurt/kill migrants in such cramped quarters but it could easily spread to guards and personnel at the border. Evil admin.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey remember when a lot of us said it was bad to give these assholes more money and a bunch of other people were like "No you wrong we have to give them more money! If we don't the kids will suffer!" and we were like "They're gonna suffer either way because these guys are evil so lets not give them money to be evil." and the other people were like "No they won't. This will help the kids!"

Yeah remember that?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this article is worded very poorly. They first quote an expert saying child deaths due to flu are rare only to then later go on and explain that his point is they are not as rare as they should be in these concentration camps

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Hey remember when a lot of us said it was bad to give these assholes more money and a bunch of other people were like "No you wrong we have to give them more money! If we don't the kids will suffer!" and we were like "They're gonna suffer either way because these guys are evil so lets not give them money to be evil." and the other people were like "No they won't. This will help the kids!"

Yeah remember that?

Dem Leadership needs to resign.

KingIndaNorf

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
4 words.
SO.
THEY.
DON'T.
DIE.

I dont understand how people make so many flaccid excuses over costs when actual lives are at stake. Fuck the costs. Get your fucking head on straight. I hope you're never at the whim of someone who thinks like you do or you're fucked.
Yeah and the costs of treating sick kids is exponentially more expensive than preventative medicine. These monsters need more than just loss of power they need to be tried for crimes against humanity.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah and the costs of treating sick kids is exponentially more expensive than preventative medicine. These monsters need more than just loss of power they need to be tried for crimes against humanity.
It's almost like driving up the cost of migrant detention, processing, and settlement is intentional policy and that the interum goal is to create an unmanageable crisis to justify the ultimate goal of drastic action like building a wall, closing legal ports of entry, and indiscriminately deporting US residents with "dubious" legal status.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking disgusting... it's even more appalling that this isn't a bigger issue in the States and worldwide.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Yeah remember that?

Heck I remember this argument like it was a couple hours ago.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Bump for the evening crowd. This is so scary.

Also, here's a twitter thread about the 7 kids who've died in our camps as of mid-June.