T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I think Switch 2 will be Nintendo Snap or Nintendo Switch: Snap due to the magnetic Joycons snapping on. So I'll try and refer to it as the Snap.

- New 3D Mario. I think there's going to be a lot of push for at least a few first party exclusives to the system. I think with the success of the Mario Movie I think we should expect something visually impressive. While it's impossible for a game to have 1:1 fidelity with a modern CG film, I think from the few seconds we get it'll spark debate on how good this game will look and there's going to be comparisons to the Mario Movie, from the crowd density, hair simulation, water effects and even Raytracing debates.

- Metroid Prime 4 I think is going to be their main launch period graphics showcase, I think it'll feature at least semi heavily and I think we'll see the Switch version this summer so one can compare if there's any difference apart from resolution differences. I think this is the Swan Song of the Switch and a real competitor for best looking cross platform game on the Snap

- Mario Kart 9. We'll finally see a new Mario Kart teased and it will also be a low key debate amongst fans on what's prettier, Mario Kart 9 or the new Mario. Including arguments that "of course a racing game will look better" etc etc.

- New Xenoblade AND/OR Splatoon 3. I think either showing a massive, but beautiful stylised game such as the Xenoblade Series (or even a remaster of Chronicles X) could get some fan's blood pumping. However Nintendo may want to advertise that they now have built in voice chat so showing Splatoon 3 DX with voice chat built-in to the console may be the way to go.

- A new Zelda. So instead of Zelda being the main seller like the previous Switch I think like Mario Odyssey we'll get a few seconds of some kind of Zelda game, whether it's a 4K remaster of Wind Waker or Twilight Princess or the rumoured Ocarina of Time remake and or game with Zelda as the main protagonist, I think we'll get a 4 to 8 second taste.

- Red Dead Redemption 2 or Starfield. I think where Skyrim was a big game reveal for the Switch, I think RDR2 or Starfield will be the big reveal for Snap.
Resident Evil (7, 2, 3, 8 or 4) I think Capcom likely might port all of them but I think RE4 with Ray Tracing might feature briefly in the announcement trailer

- NBA2K or EA Sports FC. Yeah got to get those sports games in somewhere and I think EA will be more on board, given the success of the Switch

That's the most I think we'll get for the announcement teaser.

But I think like the original Switch we'll get a proper Announcement Event which will have many more games and even have some nice suprise announcements from third parties, I'm hoping for example, Alan Wake 2.

Here's how roughly how the trailer will play out:

- Someone playing the new Mario but they get a reminder that they're meeting someone for laser tag. They get up, snap the joycons and hold down the home button, a snapshot of Mario comes up and they use the touch screen to Swipe to another game they have Metroid Prime 4 and they tap the screen. We have QUICK RESUME and this person plays Metroid Prime 4 on the bus.

- Were now at a ranch in the states and we have a rancher sitting on a fence having a break and playing Red Dead Redemption 2. We cut back to them playing it on the big screen at home. Meanwhile their teenager is playing Starfield up in their room in handheld mode with Bluetooth headphones

- We now get someone waiting for their car repairs playing the latest Mario Kart, someone else enters the waiting room and they play a game together. YOU CAN NOW SHARE YOUR GAME VIA A LOCAL CLOUD NETWORK hosted by your Snap!

- A person playing Resident Evil 4 during a lightning storm, the power goes out but they undock the Snap and continue to play in the dark.

- A brief view of someone playing a new Zelda game

- Spectator at a sports match playing the same sport on their Snap during half time

- Person playing Splatoon 3 with a headset using native voice chat.

Loads of quick bursts of games upcoming for the console zooming out to the snap logo where the joycons come from the side rather than sliding in next to one another. Coming March 2025.

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a marked shift from the traditional "multiple people in the same room" type advertising (which might be due to there being zero games coming out with the option) so I'd expect a focus on that aspect.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
There's been a marked shift from the traditional "multiple people in the same room" type advertising (which might be due to there being zero games coming out with the option) so I'd expect a focus on that aspect.

I'm hoping my idea that you can share your game with other Snap/Switch 2's by making it essentially a cloud server which others can stream your game to at least 4 other consoles and participate within the local vicinity without having to own the game would be a very nice feature for this. Like Jumping in regardless if you own the game would also encourage that person who sampled the game for free from a friend would be pretty awesome.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
It starts with a nature documentary. They've got David Attenborough to voice it. You see panning shots of a jungle. Then the camera goes through the canopy. You see the mating ritual of a colorful bird. There's a...banana peel hanging from the tree branch? Suddenly the tree explodes as it gets shot by K. Rools cannon. The camera starts following Donkey Kong as he jumps from tree to tree. Cut to title reveal.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The big one you're missing is Elden Ring OP.

It's the new Skyrim lol

But yeah you hit the nail on 3D Mario, MP4, SPORTS, Mario kart, and......animal crossing tease would be massive considering that was the pandemic game that got so many people to get a switch. )

And pokemon Z-A

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
New 3D Mario, Mario Kart 10 and Pokémon Legends Z-A.

Retrocompatibility (with TotK as example) will also be shown right on the first trailer.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I know is it's going to end with a horde of people on the world's biggest rooftop ever slowly gathering around a single Switch 2, eyes staring with grim pleasure as the ultimate reveal occurs: ace attorney 7

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The device in a bunch of different scenes and scenarios will in the background show running:

- A 3D Mario game, again
- TotK
- Some kind of party game Mario Kart 8 or like Mario Party
- A game tied to a gimmick for the new hardware that is not yet revealed
- Elden Ring
- A sports game
- Unannounced RPG by SE

miascugh

Aug 27, 2022
A Gear VR/Labo style headset that let's the player, uh, switch intwo Samus' Varia suit. Then other Samuses join because it's a freaking Mutliverse now and it's a live service game and once they're done raiding Andross for the umpteenth time, everybody hangs out in a MTX-heavy MetaMiiverse VR rooftop party and Lakitu Nintendo mods swoop in on every attemp to draw penises into the air with the new super motion plus joycons, and fishhook you into a Starwing cockpit to play through the entirety of Starfox Zero before you can do anything else with the console again and Miyamoto randomly chimes in through the com and repeatedly asks what you like best about it. In a future reveal, Miyamoto announces that every first party game is now required to take place in the Starfox universe.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I think we will see footage of a BOTW remaster and that will be the only Zelda game featured in the reveal trailer. The original Switch reveal had BOTW as the first game we see. I don't think Nintendo will do that again, but I do think Nintendo is going to release a BOTW remaster early in the Switch 2's life cycle.

hopeblimey

Sep 23, 2023
I think we will see footage of a BOTW remaster and that will be the only Zelda game featured in the reveal trailer. The original Switch reveal had BOTW as the first game we see. I don't think Nintendo will do that again, but I do think Nintendo is going to release a BOTW remaster early in the Switch 2's life cycle.

I think it'll be some new vaguely interesting franchise at launch, 1-2 Switch (a new version), and third party titles.

Mario will come two years after launch. Mario Kart first year holiday. Animal Crossing the next, along with a new Mario.

People predicting new Mario at launch must be new to video games in general. That isn't how Nintendo has operated in a very long time. Mario Odyssey only came out so early because it was clearly in development for Wii U originally.

Last edited:

Re-Tails

Aug 16, 2020
First-party guesses
- Metroid Prime 4
- 3D Mario, I don't expect it to launch with the system though
- Splatoon 4
- Kirby
- Mario Kart 9

The rest will be new third-party, existing games on PC/PS/XB, and maybe a few remasters of existing Switch games.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of 3rd Party i think a combination BG3, Cyberpunk 2077, Street Fighter VI, RDR 2 and a Mihoyo Game are probably a given.

May 24, 2019
Why remaster? Just patch the BC.

Because of the art style, I can't imagine much of a generational leap in models and textures to justify it on the level of something like The Last of Us Part 1 redo.

Last edited:

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
I'll take anything that releases xenoblade x from Wii U prison.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm not so sure about Splatoon 3 getting a deluxe version. Not only would you already be able to play the original game through backwards compatibility, new content is likely going to end after this coming Sizzle Season update. Plus you'd have to worry about splitting the player base if you lean too heavily on the built-in mic, which is probably the last thing EPD 5 wants. If anything, a new Animal Crossing within the first year is more likely.

New 3D Mario, Mario Kart 10 and Pokémon Legends Z-A.

Retrocompatibility (with TotK as example) will also be shown right on the first trailer.
As mentioned in the past, Game Freak & TPC usually wait at least a year before they dedicate resources to a new system for Pokémon so said system has time to build up an install base. If you mean Legends Z-A passively piggy-backing off the Switch 2 thanks to it having backwards compatibility, then that makes more sense. But that only really applies to Ehoavash, I remember Atheerios expecting the game to be primarily marketed as a native Switch 2 game.

First-party guesses
- Metroid Prime 4
- 3D Mario, I don't expect it to launch with the system though
- Splatoon 4
- Kirby
- Mario Kart 9

The rest will be new third-party, existing games on PC/PS/XB, and maybe a few remasters of existing Switch games.
I don't think we're seeing Splatoon 4 until at least 2027. After the massive success of New Horizons, EPD 5 has no reason to double dip in ink again (not necessarily the same team, but definitely the same division with some shared staff). Plus updates for Splatoon 3 would've ended too recently, & it's not like we're in another Wii U situation.

That said, what do you expect to launch with the system if it's not 3D Mario? Metroid isn't exactly a big enough seller to be the marquee launch title.

I think it'll be some new vaguely interesting franchise at launch, 1-2 Switch (a new version), and third party titles.

Mario will come two years after launch. Mario Kart first year holiday. Animal Crossing the next, along with a new Mario.

People predicting new Mario at launch must be new to video games in general. That isn't how Nintendo has operated in a very long time. Mario Odyssey only came out so early because it was clearly in development for Wii U originally.
EPD 8 hasn't had a new non-port release since Odyssey in 2017, while Bowser's Fury was partially outsourced to NST. And since Nintendo already played their Zelda card last year, they need a guaranteed big seller for Day 1. Going by the schedules of other projects, the only three options are 3D Mario, Mario Kart 10, & Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
New Tomodachi Life. I am still waiting for another game to use the enhanced Mii creator they made for the Miitopia Switch port.

RavensShade

Jul 31, 2020
I'm hoping my idea that you can share your game with other Snap/Switch 2's by making it essentially a cloud server which others can stream your game to at least 4 other consoles and participate within the local vicinity without having to own the game would be a very nice feature for this. Like Jumping in regardless if you own the game would also encourage that person who sampled the game for free from a friend would be pretty awesome.
What your describing is basically DS download play. Which is to say they have done it before, so it would be cool to see the feature return.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
New 3D Mario
New IP
Red Dead Redemption 2

Are the things I'm fairly confident in.
I'm expecting a new Xenoblade to be revealed in the first summer direct of the new console, so not here, but maybe that too as it would be another graphical showcase

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Something from Square Enix
Something from SEGA
Something from Capcom
Something from Bandai Namco
Something from Microsoft
Something from EA
Something from Ubisoft

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As for what I'm expecting on Day 1, probably 3D Mario. There are also games like Elden Ring, Persona 3 Reload, & Street Fighter 6 that I expect within the launch window, but the question is when. I would've say Hi-Fi Rush a few weeks ago. But unless the port was already finished &/or outsourced………yeah.

Something from Square Enix
Something from SEGA
Something from Capcom
Something from Bandai Namco
Something from Microsoft
Something from EA
Something from Ubisoft
  • Visions of Mana
  • Persona 3 Reload & Metaphor
  • Street Fighter 6 & RE4 Remake
    • MH Wilds is up for debate depending on how CPU-heavy the game ends up being
  • Sea of Thieves
    • If a port was already finished &/or outsourced, Hi-Fi Rush is also a possibility
  • The Star Wars Jedi games
  • I guess Assaasin's Creed Red?

RavensShade

Jul 31, 2020
Although download play you still had to download something, this you could just cast to someone else's Switch 2, with their permission of course lol.
I don't think that's true per se. I may be remembering wrong but you never had to connect to the internet. It was called download play, but the host would start the session, you'd search for it and join the game, no download required.

It has been years since I was a kid playing mario kart ds with friends so I could be wrong.

Either way it would be nice to have a feature like that back.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
As for what I'm expecting on Day 1, probably 3D Mario. There are also games like Elden Ring, Persona 3 Reload, & Street Fighter 6 that I expect within the launch window, but the question is when. I would've say Hi-Fi Rush a few weeks ago. But unless the port was already finished &/or outsourced………yeah.

• Visions of Mana
  • Persona 3 Reload & Metaphor
  • Street Fighter 6 & RE4 Remake
    • MH Wilds is up for debate depending on how CPU-heavy the game ends up being
  • Sea of Thieves
    • If a port was already finished &/or outsourced, Hi-Fi Rush is also a possibility
  • The Star Wars Jedi games
  • I guess Assaasin's Creed Red?
For MS and EA I was thinking more CoD and FIFA due to their standing but those work too.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I would hope that enhancements to existing switch games would be discussed but not a focus.

Metroid Prime 4 has to have been moved to switch 2 at this point so that would be a long overdue and huge announcement for the platform

Either the next Mario Kart or Next 3D mario will be featured. Id be surprised if both were a since nintendo likes to let their games have some space between each other

I think Armored Core 6/ Elden Ring are definately going to be on the platform within half a year of release

Probably something from Microsoft but dont know what as they're kind of all over the place right now ( dont think it'll be starfield though) more likely sea of thieves around launch.

Capcom will have SF6 and a few of the recent RE games ready for it either at or near launch.

Nimbat1003

Nov 14, 2021
Starfield on a plane.

First post really, but yeah lol, didn't it turn out that Bethesda didn't even know about Skyrim on the switch when that trailer happened or something.

Honestly once I see a Xenoshits or 3D Mario I'm placing my order then. as someone who didn't like BOTW I kinda just spent those first 6 months playing fast RMX a couple times.

Though in my head i originally had the switch 2 releasing around the time of the ps5 pro and RTX 5000 series GPUs so I was gonna try and keep my spending down but if it is next year then I will probably order it day 1.

Fire emblem might be nice to see engage was 2 years ago so might be getting close.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Metroid Prime 4 has to have been moved to switch 2 at this point so that would be a long overdue and huge announcement for the platform

They keep telling us at every 3 months that that isn't the case and we have no reason to not believe them.

And no matter how desperate Metroid fans are (I feel I need to point at my avatar now), Metroid prime is never going to be a huge get any more than something like Xenoblade is. Yeah, it's nice to have and fills a gap, but it's something you plop in a quiet month between the actual behemoths.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For MS and EA I was thinking more CoD and FIFA due to their standing but those work too.
Good point on both fronts.

Nintendo rarely ever goes back on their word when it comes to systems games are announced for. And if BotW still launched on Wii U, MP4 will launch on Switch 1. And if anything, MP4 NEEDS the 141+ million install base of the Switch 1. Considering how expensive development likely was (accounting for the reboot) & how niche Metroid is, Prime 4 needs all the help it can get to guarantee success.

Fire emblem might be nice to see engage was 2 years ago so might be getting close.
We're apparently getting a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War exclusively for the Switch 1, so the wait for another new Fire Emblem game might be a little longer. Then again, said remake was said to have been finished for a good long while.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I don't think that's true per se. I may be remembering wrong but you never had to connect to the internet. It was called download play, but the host would start the session, you'd search for it and join the game, no download required.

It has been years since I was a kid playing mario kart ds with friends so I could be wrong.

Either way it would be nice to have a feature like that back.

Yeah this would be great just apply it to first party and any third party that wants to implement it. I also want quick resume for up to three games and you can just load them by holding down the home button and swiping or using the right analogue stick or d-pad to switch (lol switch) between two or three games using the quick resume function. Those two features would be most excellent. 😊

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
I think people forget not many games were actually shown in the reveal trailer. I think if we use the actual trailer:

Cross game being shown on new system: Zelda BotW (Switch 1 reveal) -> Metroid Prime 4 (Switch 1 reveal in June)

3rd Party Port: Skyrim (Switch 1 reveal) -> Elden Ring

Previous Gen Port: Mario Kart 8 (Switch 1 reveal) -> Ocarina of Time 4K

Sports: NBA Live (Switch 1 reveal) -> Madden

New Single Player Game Reveal: Mario Odyssey (Switch 1 reveal) -> Mario

New Multiplayer Game Reveal: Splatoon 2 (Switch 1 reveal) -> Mario Kart

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
A game like Lego Builder's Journey.

Something that is a single small level that looks like a diorama made of small real life objects and probably has a camera with shallow depth of field. The graphics would be quite good, maybe RT reflections.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
First Party:
  • New 3D Mario
  • Mario Kart X
  • New Animal Crossing
  • New Mario Party
  • BotW / TotK Remsater
Third Party:
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Starfield
  • Elden Ring
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Baldur's Gate III
  • Dragon's Dogma II

Call me crazy, but I think every single one of the aforementioned third party games could be on Switch 2 by the end of 2026.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Why remaster? Just patch the BC.

Because of the art style, I can't imagine much of a generational leap in models and textures to justify it on the level of something like The Last of Us Part 1 redo.
I think there have been rumors about a BOTW remaster or some kind of enhanced version for the Switch successor and, if it is truly impressive, would be a good way to demonstrate the improvements of the new hardware.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
First Party:
  • New 3D Mario
  • Mario Kart X
  • New Animal Crossing
  • New Mario Party
  • BotW / TotK Remsater
Third Party:
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Starfield
  • Elden Ring
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Baldur's Gate III
  • Dragon's Dogma II

Call me crazy, but I think every single one of the aforementioned third party games could be on Switch 2 by the end of 2026.
I'd swap DDII for a Capcom game that has a PS4 version to use as a base (SF6, RE4R, etc.). DDII is currently CPU-limited, which will likely be a limiting factor for the Switch 2.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Street fighter 6 and monster hunter wilds for day 1.

Capcom always had something for launch window.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
They will sneak in a snippet of a new 3D Mario without announcing it until they're closer to launch.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street fighter 6 and monster hunter wilds for day 1.

Capcom always had something for launch window.
After DDII's performance issues, I'm not sure I'd consider MH Wilds a safe bet for the Switch 2. More open-environment RE Engine games seem to be heavier than expected, with DDII in particular going heavy on CPU utilization. If MH Wilds has a similar situation, that could rule out a Switch 2 port.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Scarlet and Violet technical upgrades in the form of a Complete edition