• Ugly!

Votes: 108 41.4%

• Total voters

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.airforcemag.com

Space Force Uniform Prototype Has Diagonal Buttons, PT Uniforms Are Black and Gray | Air & Space Forces Magazine

The Space Force revealed its prototype service dress uniform featuring a dark blue coat—almost black—that closes with a diagonal row of six buttons.

The Space Force's very first member unveiled the service's first prototype service dress uniform Sept. 21. Its dark blue coat—almost black—with upturned collar, closes with a diagonal row of six buttons.

The six silver buttons on the coat prototype represent the service's establishment as the sixth branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. A video showing some details included the buttons bearing the Space Force's delta logo, mirror-finish U.S. pins worn on the collar, and silver braid near the cuffs.

Raymond said the service will accept "comments and tweaks" in the coming months before the uniforms go into wear testing.

For their combat uniform, Guardians will continue to wear the Operation Camouflage Pattern uniform, or OCP.

MTT_4715A-567x1024.jpg

Raymond said the Space Force now has 6,490 Active-duty Guardians, and more than 500 have enlisted directly into the Space Force. This year it became the 18th member of the Intelligence Community.

MTT_4722A-683x1024.jpg

Raymond announced that the USSF's PT uniform is being wear-tested. Previewed in a video by an Air Force Academy grad who competed in track, the uniform includes black shorts with a version of the service's delta logo in white; and a gray T-shirt bearing the stylized words "Space Force" in white on the back.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, fine, fine, but what if we used separate colors for different specializations to make them easier to distinguish from each other.

like command positions could be yellow, operational/grunts could be red (we could always switch later) Maybe blue for sciences.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They need to steal more from Battlestar Galactica, just barely referencing the uniforms from that show isn't enough

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like they are going for a bit different than all the other branches. Obvious Star Trek inspiration but that's not terrible. Like the fact the Army went back to the old Pink and Greens as well

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
"Make it Battlestar Galactica, but make it worse." -Some military guy probably.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Top gives me some Star Trek movie-era uniform/General Leia big-collar coat vibes, but those pants are strangely loose and unflattering in the crotch.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, fine, fine, but what if we used separate colors for different specializations to make them easier to distinguish from each other.

like command positions could be yellow, operational/grunts could be red (we could always switch later) Maybe blue for sciences.

I see what you did here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still cannot believe we kept that Trump nonsense.
That dumb dickhead only did it so he can have a "lasting legacy" and we're really just gonna pump propaganda until we normalize this bullshit.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
baggy formal wear in 2021?

reminds me of Mulder's ridiculous poor-fitting suits in X-Files

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
That dumb dickhead only did it so he can have a "lasting legacy" and we're really just gonna pump propaganda until we normalize this bullshit.

Whether you like it or not Russia and China are militarizing space. Genie's out of the bottle, has been for years. I hate Trump but I don't hate this.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The PT uniforms, at least the jackets, look cool. Much better than the AF ones.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't give two shits about anything military-related but I think it looks decent. I'd prefer a more button-down style instead of that side-button thing

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda fuck with it. Tailor those pants though.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, a Space Force was inevitable he just accelerated it. I merely lament the fact that we stupid humans have managed to extend warfare to fucking space.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whether you like it or not Russia and China are militarizing space. Genie's out of the bottle, has been for years. I hate Trump but I don't hate this.
We didn't create new capabilities with this nonsense, we just moved some stuff from the Air Force (not even the important stuff, the big missiles that go to space are still in the USAF) and created a bunch of unnecessary bureaucracy and duplication of positions.
The military didn't ask for it, the air force was actively against it, we mostly have it because Trump like that type of nonsense and he like the idea of going down in history being the founder of a branch of the US military.