• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but ahhhhh, those new event cards!!!

Natsuki wearing glasses under his aviator goggles and Ranmaru being a sexy beast. Approved.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Dull day at work, so I though I'd check out all the nice solo album covers. Really disappointed with Natsuki's, especially compared to everyone else:

jacket.jpg

jacket.jpg

jacket.jpg

jacket.jpg

Target is you indeed.

(Ren, Syo and Cecil aren't available yet.)

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I like how colorful Natsuki's is, but something looks a bit off about him. Maye his head's too big in the pic? Also why does Tokiya look like he's about to murder us all?

I threw some prisms at the Caught in the Rain banner since that's by far my favorite photo set. Still no Tokiya/Syo URs, but I did snag Kotobuki's SR. I guess that's fine. I guess.

ALSO read a little on the Utapri movie, and apparently it's more like a concert film than anything? Bunch of songs and not much else. That's not too bad, but I'm disappointed that they keep sticking with the CG models. Surely they could've shelled out some extra money for 2D dancing for a damn film. Oh well.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REIJI!!! Anyone doing pulls on his banner?

I'd go for it had I not blown prisms trying (and failing) to get those rain URs. Kotobuki's the guy I have the least URs for so it would've been nice to grab at least one more.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I couldn't resist, ended up with the Kotubukiking SR, his Prince UR and a dupe Shining Stars UR (the original URs with the white suits). Since I got the two rare cards (My Only Prince, Odorokiman) I'm quite happy, his Prince UR is gorgeous. I need to save for next month, but i figured with the high rate of events at the moment I'll be fine.

I'm not doing so hot in the Natsuki event, haven't unlocked the last chapter of the event story yet, but if it doesn't turn out that Natsuki met Piyo-Chan, I'm disappointed!
Will try to catch up this weekend, I want at least the UR.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The update to Unity Engine 2018 is out. Had to delete the app to be able to download it to my phone since it was already taking up a lot of space.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So the update broke the ads, and that is really fvcking up my stamina stash for events.
I'm not super hot on the student uniforms and the whack Tokiya UR (but I'll try to get it, I'm sure the voice lines will be great as usual, Miyano you perfect person), so I'm not too fuzzed for this event, but I'll basically can't really save up LP at the moment. 150 free prisms per month gone as well. :L
If they put the old Reiji event right after and then another, I'm done for, since I dropped all my prisms on the fruits banner without a single Natsuki SR in 5 11pulls. (Got Reiji and Ai nearly maxed out now though.)

Next month is potentially a new Natsuki banner and his solo album step up and I have exactly... 43 prisms on me. Without being able to buy LP with prisms I'll also suck at the events which means less prism rewards as well.
Losing the ads is really putting a damper on my enthusiasm right now.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
A wild Otoya appears!
screenshot_20190724-28ojej.jpg

He's probably an SR in the next school event, he won't be the event UR so soon after the curry ad... right?
My money is on Camus being the UR in that case, get ready for another evil UR!!

Also, since I'm so low on stamina, I am playing as many of the event songs as I can manually for points, and I'm not even mad, this event's playlist is *chef's kiss*.
(Except for that boring Cecil ballad, but I'll take anything if it means I get to play more Original Resonance.)

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
More school uniforms? Talk about boooooooooooooring. I'll be sitting this event out for sure.

Also not having the daily ads is lousy. The whales won't have any issues since they'll just buy more stamina, but F2P players are kinda screwed until ads come back.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Wowzers, the new set's gorgeous. I really want to pull for that Randy, but I need to keep saving for whenever Camus' next banner is. I only have 500 prisms right now. :(

Also Kotobuki fans rejoice! Viridian Crystal's finally getting a rerun.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not playing at the moment, because I'm consumed by Fire Emblem Three Houses instead. Didn't even unlock all chapters in the last event, but I'm okay with that.
Not sure when I'll pick the game up again.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I've been winding back on the game as well. Getting rid of the daily ads sorta killed my urge to log in daily, since now I can't amass a disgustingly huge pile of reserve LP for upcoming events.

Also OLD NEWS but apparently Syo is the UR pair for the current banner.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Oh shit, the Star Ocean mobile game's getting shut down? It hasn't even been out that long! Mobile games in the US really are a gamble. (I'm still not completely over Tales of Link getting shut down)

I'm not worried about Fate/GO dying because that thing is a money-making monster, but I do worry about UtaPri getting shuttered. It's still showing as #6 in the Top Grossing Music Games list on the Play store, so I guess it's still doing fine?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I would be upset if UtaPri went down, since it is pretty much the easiest way for westerners to support the franchise.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
So the 2nd anniversary's right around the corner. Looks like there'll be a couple of quality of life improvements (adding a voice log so you can listen to clips you've unlocked, and get hints for the ones you haven't) and a new UR set. And log in bonuses, of course.

Also for US residents, you can see screening locations for the UtaPri movie here: https://www.utaprimovie.com/

I may end up going to my local one. Maybe.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Going to reach out to some of the movie chains around me because there are no showings in my state at all. It surprised me since my city gets all the other anime movies.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
2nd Anniversary's started. There's a step-up banner for the new URs. I've done up to the third step and so far I've only gotten Jinguji's Valentine's UR.

Also the notes mention birthdays are getting revamped again? I wonder what'll be different next time.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I have gotten two Natsuki and one Tokiya Be My Partner photos so far from the event pull. Knowing how the Be My Prince pulls went for me, I am probably not getting Otoya's anytime soon.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Man, I've been waiting for the 2nd Anniversary banners to update to the Quartet Night boys. I was low on prisms (only enough for two pulls) so I was worried I wouldn't get him, but -

7cSztwL.jpg

Mr. Frosty delivers yet again!

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Thanks!

Did you all see? They revealed some more details regarding Ranmaru's upcoming birthday. I guess now there'll be special birthday URs for each of the guys?

Also they seriously need to bring back the daily ads. Not having a huge stockpile of saved LP has been screwing me over the last few events. Didn't get Kotobuki and I barely have any LP to try for Cecil's Autumn Memories UR. :( Don't want to spend prisms on additional LP.

Oct 25, 2017
The movie was really amazing. I was like the only Otoya rep in the audience, but just about everyone love Tokiya whenever he was on screen, both Otori's (Eiji otori had the cutest and most innocent scene up there, I was like wow how pure hearted, protects and hugs).

The call and response in Syo Nagis and Shion song was amazing and the whole theater got into it, best song goes to the ending theme with Mamoro Miyano, and Quartet Nights Fly to the Future was the best in movie. Visually Starish Ultra Blast was the best. Favorite Trio was Otoya Van and Ai with both the dance and outfit but also their MC part cute Otoya Van moment.

Definitely a must watch for fans, like no plot just singing dancing and fun group interactions.

Do wish Haruka got a line or something, shes just as important as the boys.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Really wish the score battle stickers would start featuring art from the newer photo shoots.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I guess that's one way to get him.

Do wish Haruka got a line or something, shes just as important as the boys.

If UtaPri ever gets another season, I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Haruka with a cardboard cutout for the boys to fawn over. I mean, she's kinda like that already?

It's funny going back to the anime's first season where she's actually a character with problems and motivations.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Wow, I've skipped the last few events to build up my LP reserves and I still ran through all of it in the first day of Camus' new event. They really, really, REALLY need to bring back the daily ads.

And some new story chapters would be nice too, Klab!

Oct 25, 2017
new years event has been enjoyable. i love the fully voiced natute of it. How it is handled kind of reminds me of the movie.

I got quite a few URs from the various banners (point draw, bonus tickets, free draw and about 5 ten draws for the new years sr otoya which i didnt get lol sad)