Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sputnik V

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sinovac Biotech

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Getting my first shot of Pfizer this Thursday and I couldn't be anymore ecstatic about this opportunity (essential worker here).

To celebrate, which of y'all get which?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
In Peoria, one Walgreens had Moderna and another 2 miles away had Pfizer. Was a bit surprising to see that they're not county-wide.

We got the Pfizer.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe also interesting if people post where they are located and how/why they qualify for a vax.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got the Moderna one.
It's been 2 weeks since my 2nd dose so yay, I'm fully vaccinated!

It was so quick and painless too, with only a sore arm for a day each time. I wish more people would stop being afraid to get the vaccine. Some co-workers of mine don't want it, because they're afraid of side effects. How someone is more afraid of side effects than Covid, I'll never understand.

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Pfizer, both doses, first in late December, then I contracted Covid, then I got second shot after 21 days in January.
I am a CNA at a Nursing home and I was working with active Covid patients when I contracted it, and I contracted it about 3-4 days after the first shot, bad luck.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
I just received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine about an hour ago. I am beyond elated!! I got mine through my school district in PA (I teach K-8th grade students)

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Moderna. I got the opportunity to get it from work yesterday and you bet your sweet bippy I made the appointment at the earliest time slot I could take (9:30am) and rushed to the (very long) line. I have the second dose on March 22.

Arm hurts, but worth it. I know the possible flu-like symptoms on the second one will also be worth it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Moderna one.
It's been 2 weeks since my 2nd dose so yay, I'm fully vaccinated!

It was so quick and painless too, with only a sore arm for a day each time. I wish more people would stop being afraid to get the vaccine. Some co-workers of mine don't want it, because they're afraid of side effects. How someone is more afraid of side effects than Covid, I'll never understand.
Yep, that's what I always tell people that bring that up.

You can even apply the same thing to autism vs dying of measles (which vaccines absolutely do not cause autism).

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Pfizer, both doses, first in late December, then I contracted Covid, then I got second shot after 21 days in January.
I am a CNA at a Nursing home and I was working with active Covid patients when I contracted it, and I contracted it about 3-4 days after the first shot, bad luck.
Wait, they gave your your second dose even after a covid infection? I didn't think you were supposed to continue after an infection.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Getting my second dose of the Moderna vaccine today. I am a clinical psychologist working at a healthcare clinic.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Moderna.

Second dose kicked my ass hard.

I got the Moderna vaccine as well and I can confirm the 2nd dose does indeed kick your ass. I was in bed for a good 24 hours with a migraine, chills, full body fatigue and muscle pain. The next day I was fine though so it was worth it.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I got the Pfizer vaccination. My booster shot was at the start of Feb so I should be fully vaccinated by now. I didn't have any side effects, outside of a sore arm and a little tired 24 hours later. My wife had the Moderna shot around the same time, her side effects included 24 hours of high temps and chills.

IMO you'd be crazy not to get the vaccine when its available.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Moderna in Central Texas, qualified under 1b.

Fairly noticeable gastro symptoms following the first shot, and my resting heart rate and temperature still haven't returned to normal after over 3 weeks. Waiting to hear about the second dose.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Scheduled to get the Moderna vaccine tomorrow morning, at Gilette Stadium in Massachusetts. Hoping Tom Brady administers the shot.

Wait, they gave your your second dose even after a covid infection? I didn't think you were supposed to continue after an infection.

There aren't any guidelines around a unique case like that, and it sounds like that user's situation was just days after the vaccine became readily available so there probably was probably less information and coordination then.

The CDC recommends that people who had COVID already and are qualified for the vaccine should still get the vaccine.

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That's because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

This person's case is pretty edge-casey where there aren't clear recommendations. Hesitancy around vaccination for people already infected tends to be around the treatment they received, like monoclonal antibodies. The MA form for vaccine reg explicitly asked if you received antibody treatment from a prior infection.

Maybe also interesting if people post where they are located and how/why they qualify for a vax.

In MA. I qualified per the "2 comorbidities" provision that we just became official on February 18 (I actually have 3 comorbidities on the official list ... I'm apparently morbid as fuck). I was online all morning trying to get an appt for my dad, myself, and my sister, and after trying for about 6 hours that day I was able to book us all appointments for this week. My dad (65+) got jabbed on Monday, I'm booked for tomorrow, and my sister for Thursday. I was so relieved it felt like CHristmas when I got them through.

I can honestly say that my experience trying to get PS5s and Xboxs over Christmas prepared me for the vax registration site in Massachusetts, which was a fiasco.

Last edited:

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got the Moderna vaccine as well and I can confirm the 2nd dose does indeed kick your ass. I was in bed for a good 24 hours with a migraine, chills, full body fatigue and muscle pain. The next day I was fine though so it was worth it.

Yep, this was me.

Went to work the next day... Regretted it rather quickly.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
AstraZeneca about two weeks ago - arm hurt for a while, kind of reminded me of the BCG, but feel find now. Due second dose in April

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Pfizer, done with both shots. Got it due to extras/leftovers one day. First shot, mild sore arm, zero other effects, 2nd shot, very sore arm and pretty strong fluish/chills/body aches for about a day. Got it thrs afternoon, started feeling a little shitty that night, most of Fri didn't feel great, felt 100% sat morning.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Pfizer the first week it was available in the US. People camped out for PS5s while I was first in line for my vaccine.

TromboneTony

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first dose of Moderna, going for my 2nd one Friday. Hopefully the side effects aren't too bad because Saturday's my birthday!

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The hospital where my family got shot has only ever had Pfizer

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone gotten the second dose that also had covid before? I'm curious if you still end up feeling a bit shitty the next day.

Risky_Bigness

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just got my 2nd Moderna shot a few hours ago. The first shot mainly caused soreness in my arm and minor fatigue. I already told my boss to not be surprised if I'm out the next few days.

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA
Pfizer, through work. First dose was just a super sore arm. Got the second dose yesterday. Sore arm and feel like I got a hangover. Felt fine enough to come to work but I'm becoming groggier as the day goes on.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Got my Second Pfizer shot a week and a half ago (work on a military base as a contractor and deemed ""essential"").

Had a wave of nausea hit me in the first hour, trouble/labored breathing 5 hours later, major body aches, and fever in the 90-103 range about 3 hours after that. The peak of my fever hit about 24 hours later but lasted about 3 and a half days. When my fever was at its worse my pulse ox also hit mid 80's (I panicked a bit due to lack of sleep and fever when I saw this).
Only one other person I know had this reaction to the shot. As far as I know, I never tested positive for COVID.

Just got to ride it out, once you get it, fam. I recommend getting it before your weekend or when you have time off for a recovery just in case it hits you hard.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Got my first dose of Pfizer/Biontech last Friday, second coming up in 3 weeks. Sore arm for about 30 hours. I'm already expecting to do nothing the weekend after I get my second dose.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Hearing you guys talk about the side effects, especially to the Moderna vaccine, makes me kind of nervous about how my elderly parents are going to react. They're scheduled to get vaccinated in March, but that's all I know. They don't know what specific vaccine they're gonna get at this point, but whatever it is I hope they'll get the mild side effects.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to get it, and I'm not going to mention my worry to them, but I do get a bit nervous for their sake.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
My mom got Moderna. I won't be able to get mine for months, I'll be lucky if I'm vaccinated by summer.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
The side effects from the first Moderna didn't hit me for a few days. I wonder if the second will also have a delayed hit? We'll see. I'm recovering from a cardiac issue so I hope all will be ok. My cardiologist did recommend that I get vaccinated asap.

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing you guys talk about the side effects, especially to the Moderna vaccine, makes me kind of nervous about how my elderly parents are going to react. They're scheduled to get vaccinated in March, but that's all I know. They don't know what specific vaccine they're gonna get at this point, but whatever it is I hope they'll get the mild side effects.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to get it, and I'm not going to mention my worry to them, but I do get a bit nervous for their sake.
My mom is almost 73 and had a pretty harsh reaction the day after her second shot. She was in bed with chills for about 12 hours and seemed very sick, but she progressively got better until she was essentially back to normal by that evening. I won't lie it was scary, but knowing she's mostly protected from covid was a huge weight off my shoulders.

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I got my 2nd Moderna shot today 5 hours ago and I'm so tired right now I could go to sleep for what feels like 24 hours right now. Awaiting feeling shittastic.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

There are no hard and fast rules to it, but the general tendency is that younger people with stronger immune systems are more likely to see the stronger side effects from vaccination (which are brought on by your immune response) than older people with weaker immune systems. Again, I'll stress- this is a generalization and can still vary from person to person.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Got Astrazeneca (would have preferred Biontech as transmission rate of the virus wpuld be lower, but had no choice). Even though AZ might not be the best vaccine available I am still grateful that I got vaccinated. Still would have preferred one where I would spread less of the virus if I got it, cause my girlfriend is a risk patient (pregnant).

Got some mild symptoms after the vaccination. Headaches, muscle pain, bit of fever. Was pretty down for two days but swallowed some painkillers so it was ok overall. Next dose will be end of april.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017

My parents have both had both doses of Moderna. My dad (almost 81) had no ill effects at all. My mom (a year younger) felt congested & fatigued for a couple days with no fever.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got Moderna through work and as of an hour ago, 2 weeks have now just passed since my second shot. :)

After the second shot I did have some side effects. Bad headache, mild fever, fatigue, and injection site pain in my arm. Only lasted 2 days though so not bad aside from that.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
My mom is almost 73 and had a pretty harsh reaction the day after her second shot. She was in bed with chills for about 12 hours and seemed very sick, but she progressively got better until she was essentially back to normal by that evening. I won't lie it was scary, but knowing she's mostly protected from covid was a huge weight off my shoulders.
Yeah, that's what I'm longing for. Not having to be (as) nervous about them catching it. My mom's 76 and my dad's 82, and they've both got health issues, so even though they stay at home for the most part, unless they have to go to the pharmacy or something, it's pretty scary. Glad to hear about your mom's experience, though, that it got better as quickly as it did.

There are no hard and fast rules to it, but the general tendency is that younger people with stronger immune systems are more likely to see the stronger side effects from vaccination (which are brought on by your immune response) than older people with weaker immune systems. Again, I'll stress- this is a generalization and can still vary from person to person.
Oh, I hadn't heard about this. I realize, as you say, that this is just a generalization, but it does make me feel a bit better. My dad is recovering from vasculitis at the moment, so from what I understand his immune system isn't doing all that well, as a result of the treatment.

My parents have both had both doses of Moderna. My dad (almost 81) had no ill effects at all. My mom (a year younger) felt congested & fatigued for a couple days with no fever.
Thanks for sharing their experiences, it really makes me feel a lot better to hear stories like this. Especially since our parents are around the same age and all.