• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

fSf3Fvu.jpg

As shown previously, you play as actual federation troops this time. Not some ragtag small country caught in the middle of the conflict like in the original. Still no Switch or Western release date.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this hasn't spread around as much as the DLC trailers. Hope the hype isn't drying up while people wait for subbed(/dubbed) trailers.

Any fansubs of this trailer out there?

Quick observation of the map at the beginning of the trailers:

What the hell is up with the Federation's internal borders? There's a bunch of microstates bordering the Empire - But past them is a single monolithic HRE++ Sized megastate.

Last edited:

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched the initial trailer and it looks like VC, so I think I know what to expect.

I don't want to spoil myself more of the game, hence why I haven't been keeping up with the trailers and news. Same goes with Ni No Kuni 2, been avoiding the story trailers.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Off Topic, but is VC2 good? the base Price is dirt cheap on the psn store

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Off Topic, but is VC2 good? the base Price is dirt cheap on the psn store
Like, I think it's still a fun game with a ton of content and some neat characters (a couple cameo in VC3 and I really enjoyed them there). Definitely not as strong as 1 or 3, but still worthwhile.
Surprised this hasn't spread around as much as the DLC trailers. Hope the hype isn't drying up while people wait for subbed(/dubbed) trailers..
It's just not the most exciting trailer imo. Which isn't a big deal, they've shown enough rad stuff already. March is a bunch of huge releases for me... Wish the special edition for this wasn't so lackluster - would have picked it up in a heartbeat otherwise.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I need her in my squad, NOW.

I'd be willing to double dip on this game. I own Valkyria Chronicles on PS4 and PC. I'd go PS4 x Switch if it's that good again. I have high hopes. Here's hoping we get more news at E3
There's probably a good chance it releases in the West before E3? Late May/early June isn't a stretch since they were apparently already doing English VO when it was revealed. Depends on if they want to sync to the Switch release outside of Japan, which would push it back.

EDIT: Whoops, May, not July!

Last edited:

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
There's probably a good chance it releases in the West before E3? Late July/early June isn't a stretch since they were apparently already doing English VO when it was revealed. Depends on if they want to sync to the Switch release outside of Japan, which would push it back.

yeah it's also likely, maybe a May release date? Anyways, looks to me like the kind of game Sony would completely miss the point of, and put it on their stupid preshow that no one watches but ends up being the actual part where they announce cool stuff, much like last year. I'm thinking it's a summer game, August or so.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be on end of June for the English release, roughly around the same time Azure Revolution came out in English.

OP
OP
Sub Level

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Surprised this hasn't spread around as much as the DLC trailers. Hope the hype isn't drying up while people wait for subbed(/dubbed) trailers.

I don't think there is much hype. Next month its only coming out in one country on one platform. So I think it will generate more conversation when it comes to NA/EU.

It looks a little low budget so making a profit shouldn't be hard either way.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it's also likely, maybe a May release date? Anyways, looks to me like the kind of game Sony would completely miss the point of, and put it on their stupid preshow that no one watches but ends up being the actual part where they announce cool stuff, much like last year. I'm thinking it's a summer game, August or so.

You wish Sony would even mention it. At best it would be a blog post. PSX was great, because they give more niche games some spotlight on the big stage, but they scaled down heavily last year and used that dumb talkshow format instead.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
You wish Sony would even mention it. At best it would be a blog post. PSX was great, because they give more niche games some spotlight on the big stage, but they scaled down heavily last year and used that dumb talkshow format instead.

the talk show was only because of Paris Games Week, wasn't it? Not that I didn't hate it but I can see why they did that

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they released a trailer but a few things:
  • Almost everything in this trailer they already showed before in clips or gameplay premieres so there's not much new to talk about. However it's a great refresher for someone who hasn't looked at information until now.
  • This game is going to have a war journal for recording the story, and judging by the text, the writer will be someone on your squad. For comparison, VC1 used a journalist's memoir, VC2 used nothing, and VC3 used old film reel footage.
  • Why are they still using the VC1 soundtrack? It's about two months until release and we aren't going to hear any of the new music? In the gameplay premiere they also reused VC1 music, so now I'm starting to get worried.
Don't get worried about hype, because Valkyria threads on GAF (and now ERA) were almost always low post count. In the end the fanbase is small for forums like these. The only exceptions to this rule are platform wars or blaming Sega for something.

I wouldn't call it a "story trailer."

I would call it a "prologue trailer", personally.

Last edited:

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
I still haven't played through 2 + 3 but playing the first game on release was an experience that I'll never forget. Between the PS3's RPG drought and how damn good (and good looking!) the original game ended up being, I'm always going to give this series a shot. Bring it on over and I'll be ready.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Two out of three ain't bad from the original with Sakimoto and Raita coming back.

But Juju is probably way above videogames at this point now.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I'm glad they released a trailer but a few things:
  • Almost everything in this trailer they already showed before in clips or gameplay premieres so there's not much new to talk about. However it's a great refresher for someone who hasn't looked at information until now.
  • This game is going to have a war journal for recording the story, and judging by the text, the writer will be someone on your squad. For comparison, VC1 used a journalist's memoir, VC2 used nothing, and VC3 used old film reel footage.
  • Why are they still using the VC1 soundtrack? It's about two months until release and we aren't going to hear any of the new music? In the gameplay premiere they also reused VC1 music, so now I'm starting to get worried.
Don't get worried about hype, because Valkyria threads on GAF (and now ERA) were almost always low post count. In the end the fanbase is small for forums like these. The only exceptions to this rule are platform wars or blaming Sega for something.

I would call it a "prologue trailer", personally.

Uh oh.

chroeser

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Now that's a classical VC intro. I just hope theres no spoilery opening video, that will surface online before us europeans are able to play it.

Why did they have to spoil Alicias story before I even started the game

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Straight off the bat with the full frame titty shot, obviously.

Still, can't wait. Looks quite similar to 1 HD technically, but I had no complaints there.