• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Valve announces the new UI and new features like Steam Events:

The second major change to the Steam storefront is the new Events tab, which is a one-stop shop where players can see all the games that have received recent title updates or are running special events like a double XP weekend. Think of this space like a mini-blog within the store where developers can write updates about what's going on with their titles. Clicking into an event page gives you even more information, including a more detailed breakdown, screenshots, and even embedded streams. Developers have full control over these update posts, and users can set up notifications and even reminders for when a particular event starts. Valve has included many ways players can opt into notifications, whether it be via personal calendar apps, the Steam client, email, mobile app, or even text message.

Library:

puy2sansxjchn1k8sjll.jpg

steam-2.jpg

Players can filter their library and save that filter as a "collection" so they can create custom groupings.

Events:

gd9pnbdxlrw3uopddhpl.png

Event allows you to create call to actions and an attractive interface to drive your players back to your game. An example is a personalized rollup page for customers of your currently owned games.

Steam is customers ability to subscribe to events so they can opt in to receive emails. This is huge. Email drives engagement better than any other form of messaging.

Sources: https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-20...acelift-with-library-redesign-new-events-page
https://kotaku.com/steam-libraries-are-getting-an-overhaul-1833473185
https://steamdb.info/blog/steam-business-update-at-gdc-2019/

Last edited:

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Great. Its about time Epic started adding features and overhauled their....oh, wait.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to feel about it. Looks kinda bloated... Though much better than what we have now of course

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've been waiting all mah life for a full UI overhaul. I know they've been working on it for a long time. Good to see it coming along.

Not sure how to feel about it. Looks kinda bloated... Though much better than what we have now of course
That's because you're seeing below-the-fold content that you wouldn't see at once in a single, long screenshot.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Events page is a super smart idea to get people back into a game and get more engage during a community event.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Not a fan of those grid boxes in the library but overall, the design doesn't seem that bad. Excited to try it out!

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It's about time they showed this off.

They've been working on this for a damn long time if I recall correctly. I think for over a year now if not longer? Something like that.

So no... this (probably) isn't being done in response to another company.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Players can filter their library and save that filter as a "collection" so they can create custom groupings."

Neat!

Fantasy

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Alt account
Although the Epic Game Store has brought some drama & other BS to the PC scene, Im glad it will help Valva step up their platform.

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Although the Epic Game Store has brought some drama & other BS to the PC scene, Im glad it will help Valva step up their platform.
This had nothing to do with Epic. Valve has been working on this for years.

libraryoverviewgdc.png

Did they fuck up or why is Mirror's Edge Catalyst in there?
It could be a non-Steam game added to Steam.

Or EA's making a triumphant return to Steam.

Or more than likely, the graphics designer mocking up that imaged screwed up.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, they've needed a Library overhaul for a long time. I usually just use the user skins, but there is only so much lipstick you can put on a pig.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic. This has been in the works for a while right? I vaguely remember hearing about this a while back.