• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017

the description also lists the promotion

ABOUT THIS BUNDLE
Half-Life: Alyx is coming in March, and we are celebrating early by making all games in the Half-Life Collection FREE to play for Steam users, from now until the day it launches!

Half-Life: Alyx is set before the events of Half-Life 2 and the episodes, but the games share characters and story elements. The Half-Life: Alyx team believes that the best way to enjoy the new game is to play through the old ones, especially Half-Life 2 and the episodes, so we want to make that as easy as possible.

From now until Half-Life: Alyx launches, all users on Steam can click on the links for the game page of each Half-Life game to play as much as you want, right up until the day Half-Life: Alyx is released!

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to play Half-Life 1 or 2 or it's episodes in co-op, you can use Sven co-op for HL1 and Synergy for HL2, which both are also free on Steam:

store.steampowered.com

Sven Co-op on Steam

Sven Co-op is a co-operative game originally based around Valve Software's Half-Life. In this game players must work together against computer controlled enemies and solve puzzles as a team.

Just thought I'd mention this for those who want to replay the games maybe with some other people, or the prospect of playing the games co-op is more appealing to some folks.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Seeing that it's free for a specific period of time is reassuring, hopefully they'll announce a release date before too long!

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
A few days ago this video was in my recommandations. And really fascinated me. I almost bought all 3 games so this is a nice surprise for me.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Might try it again then but I wasn't fond of the games on the 360 so I don't expect much.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
I was just thinking today that there was no way it would launch in march. I'm happy to be wrong

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
When HL:A comes out I also want them to release Codename: Alyx as a prequel to Codename: Gordon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I already own these, but I'm curious: are these free to own forever as long as you download them before April, or will they be revoked at that time?

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I already own these, but I'm curious: are these free to own forever as long as you download them before April, or will they be revoked at that time?

Unless I'm super wrong, it's like a free weekend, only it lasts months instead (so they are free to play until April 1 rolls out, then you'd have to buy them if you wish to continue playing)

Oct 25, 2017
I thought for sure we'd see a delay. Looks like they're still shooting for March. As excited as I am for this game, was hoping we'd have Ampere cards. Oh well. Hope my 1080 runs this well.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I've been playing games for 30 years and never touched a half life game, I guess I should check it out

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A simple notice to announce that everyone looking to play HL2 owes themselves a playthrough of Minerva(mod) as well.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Own and played all HL games outside of Episode 2 which I have played vicariously. Definitely gonna run through that again before my pre-order of Alyx is ready. Just got into VR with my Rift S a month ago and love it. Arizona Sunshine and Boneworks (outside the awful platforming) prove that this can work imo.