• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
http://blog.dota2.com/2018/03/the-international-2018-tickets-and-venue/

TI8 in Vancouver

August 20-25
t1534784400z4.png

blgti8imggaoc.png

Tickets on sale via Ticketmaster.ca
(edit: Note this is ticketmaster.ca - you might need to make a new account if you usually buy from ticketmaster.com)

week ticket link
weekend ticket link

$125 (CDN) week, $250 for weekend
t1521824400z4.png

and
t1521867600z4.png

http://www.dota2.com/international2018faq/
When is The International 2018?
The Main Event will take place at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia over six days, from Monday, August 20th through Saturday, August 25th.

How can I buy a ticket to The International?
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, March 23rd at 10AM and 10PM Pacific Time via Ticketmaster.ca. We recommend that you prepare your Ticketmaster account and log in before tickets go on sale to help ensure a smooth purchasing experience.

What is the difference between a Midweek and a Finals Ticket?
Midweek Tickets—available for $125 CAD—will allow access to Rogers Arena for the first four days of the event August 20th - 23rd. Finals Tickets—available for $250 CAD—will allow access to Rogers Arena for the final two days of the event August 24th – 25th.

How many tickets can I buy?
Ticket purchases are limited to 5 of each type per household.

Can I sit anywhere, or will there be preassigned seats?
There are no assigned seats. You will be able to sit in any available seat.

Can I get a refund on my ticket?
Yes. If you contact Ticketmaster support within 48 hours of your purchase, they will help you secure a refund.

How do I purchase a VIP ticket?
There is no VIP program this year.

I bought a ticket - how do I pick up my badge?
United States and Canadian Orders

Badges will be mailed to the shipping address you provide to Ticketmaster at time of purchase. They will be mailed no later than two weeks prior to the event.

International Orders
Will Call for all orders outside of the United States and Canada will be available for pick up at the Toyota Ticket Centre on the north side of Rogers Arena (Gate 10) during the dates and times listed below. Please have a government-issued ID with you for pickup.

What if I live in the United States or Canada but do not receive my badge in the mail?
If you do not receive your badge in the mail, please come to the Toyota Ticket Centre on the north side of Rogers Arena (Gate 10), available during the dates and times listed below. We can look up your ticket information and issue a replacement badge at that time. Please have a government issued ID with you for pickup.

Rogers Arena Will Call Hours
Sat, Aug 18th – 10am to 6pm
Sun, Aug 19th – 10am to 6pm
Mon, Aug 20th – 7am to 9pm
Tue, Aug 21th – 8am to 9pm
Wed, Aug 22th – 8am to 9pm
Thu, Aug 23th – 8am to 9pm
Fri, Aug 24th – 8am to 9pm
Sat, Aug 25th – 8am to 5pm

Rogers Arena Address
800 Griffiths Way,
Vancouver, BC V6B 6G1, Canada

Last edited:

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Seating capacity is a little higher. Too bad I already traded the CAD I got from that one dude in Seattle.

Picture of old venue for people not familiar:
IMG_1623.jpg

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Well this should be interesting. I am likely only making the finals this year, but I should still be going. Good thing I got a passport this year.

element

Oct 27, 2017
Work isn't starting anytime soon

So maybe modern facilities?
Oak View Group is expected to start in October of this year on renovations of Key Arena.

Rogers Arena and the original renovation on Key Arena were completed in 1995, so it isn't anything to being modern. Rogers does hold around 2,000 when configured for center stage events.

Honestly it probably has to do with VISAs and hotels. Vancouver just went through the Olympics and just has more inventory of hotel rooms than Seattle does.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oak View Group is expected to start in October of this year on renovations of Key Arena.

Rogers Arena and the original renovation on Key Arena were completed in 1995, so it isn't anything to being modern. Rogers does hold around 2,000 when configured for center stage events.

Honestly it probably has to do with VISAs and hotels. Vancouver just went through the Olympics and just has more inventory of hotel rooms than Seattle does.
The TI8 qualifiers are in late June (?) so I guess it has to work like that if they want the Pro Circuit to extend to early June.

In past years the qualifiers were in May and teams start the visa application process ASAP.

element

Oct 27, 2017
In past years the qualifiers were in May and teams start the visa application process ASAP.
If you follow Rami Ismail on twitter, you'll know that it doesn't matter when you file for visas. That shit has sucked the last two years.

Add the additional confusion and complications of work visa vs travel visa, it only becomes more complicated.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Canada is probably one of the most keenest places for esports,.Toronto in particular is known for being an excellent western crowd, up there with French reception. NA LCS ran finals in Toronto and Vancouver already and both did gangbusters as well.

evlcookie

Oct 25, 2017
I went from AUS to Seattle last year for TI. Hopefully I can make the trip to Canada for this one, going to be crazy expensive though...

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If you're American and planning to get a ticket it's probably a good time, the Canadian dollar is at a 9-month low.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
If you're American and planning to get a ticket it's probably a good time, the Canadian dollar is at a 9-month low.

Real talk it's got me thinking.

I've always wanted to see Vancouver and I just got my Passport for a month long international work project in July that would see me coming home right in time for TI.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Is it cheaper to travel there than Seattle?

Stuff like the on and off laptop bans on international flights, the TSA, and customs getting so much more aggressive has caused multiple work conferences of mine to be canceled or moved out of the U.S in the last year or so.

I would figure it's for the exact same reasons.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
So how bad is it to fly into Vancouver? Should I just go to SEA, then take a bus up and back?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like the on and off laptop bans on international flights, the TSA, and customs getting so much more aggressive has caused multiple work conferences of mine to be canceled or moved out of the U.S in the last year or so.

I would figure it's for the exact same reasons.
https://www.theflyingcourier.com/20...nal-8-ti8-move-vancouver-key-arena-renovation
In an extremely brief statement to an SB Nation staffer, Valve staff Doug Lombardi explained that the move was namely due to the construction:
Rogers Arena is a great venue, Vancouver is a great city, and Key Arena is going to be shut down for major construction very soon.​

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Seat map? Is it confirmed not just general free for all this time?

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
So how bad is it to fly into Vancouver? Should I just go to SEA, then take a bus up and back?

Vancouver is better to fly in than Seatac airport. You got the skytrain at the airport to take you to downtown where Rogers Arena is at or your hotel. Its a good time to travel here with low Canadian dollar