• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Is the other one Cyberpunk? (If they end up releasing close to each other, I'm gonna freak. Don't want Bloodlines 2 to get smothered).
Doubt it, with recent leaks saying that Cyberpunk is october this year, I think they will complement each other nicely. Cyberpunk will be the main course of 2019, and Bloodlines 2 - dessert in 2020.

YonderOne

Nov 29, 2018
Perth, Australia
feel free to make a new thread if the video warrants it

Sounds like one way or another we would have gotten Bloodlines 2 at some point (whether or not it would have been the sequel that the original deserved is another point entirely). But I'm glad Mitsoda and Hardsuit approached Paradox, even if it was supremely risky for them to do. Glad Danny and NoClip are around, too. Good stuff.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious if stuff over in Geek and Sundries VtM game has anything to do with Bloodlines 2.

Such as assuming you CAN go back to Hollywood or Santa Monica you might run into Jasper or Annabelle.

Would be pretty dope

YonderOne

Nov 29, 2018
Perth, Australia
I'm curious if stuff over in Geek and Sundries VtM game has anything to do with Bloodlines 2.

Such as assuming you CAN go back to Hollywood or Santa Monica you might run into Jasper or Annabelle.

Would be pretty dope

Hell yeah. Some of the domains in that game would be amazing to be in. Jason Carl could be scanned in without any work done and pass off as a Kindred.

Like Victor's club or Miranda's Chat Noir

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope Jasper is in the game, being all Jaspery at people

Oh and X too

Last edited:

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Jasper would be great.

I'm really behind on on LA by Night now... I fell asleep while watching it an have no idea where I am anymore. Also, watching it on Twitch is annoying, so I think I may just wait for more of it to go up on Youtube.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hope the cast from LA by Night get repped in Bloodlines 2. But I also hope it's subtle or limited. I like the idea of the cast being canon, but also removed from getting too overly caught up or influenced by the player, in order to keep their story and authored characters independent. So either referenced or, if they must be in the game physically (which I wouldn't mind), only short cameo roles where maybe you talk with them individually about something.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Hmm, so they are going to go the dev diaries route like with Stellaris and other Paradox games. Interesting. Wonder if they will delegate information about the available clans to this, or use it in a more serious marketing after E3.

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to future development logs. This one didn't really contain anything we don't already know, but as was already said, it was an introduction.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BTW the guy who plays X the Malkavian on LA by Night Ian playing through the 1st game on his Twitch.

He did the answer the questions to have a sheet made for you character Gen and got Malkavian.

He's pretty funny and it's a fun watch

May 26, 2018
Just caught up with LA by Night. This series is the shit.

So many good things to say about it, but I'm running out of battery power so I'll just let one rise to the top.

Jason Carl is the most thoughtful, patient, coolest GM I have ever seen. If you are looking for the consumate professional, he is surely it.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So many good things to say about it, but I'm running out of battery power so I'll just let one rise to the top.

Jason Carl is the most thoughtful, patient, coolest GM I have ever seen. If you are looking for the consumate professional, he is surely it.

I love they got an actress to play Therese. I'm interested to see her play Jeanette.

May 26, 2018
I love they got an actress to play Therese. I'm interested to see her play Jeanette.

She's awesome. As least in part, she has wonderfully taken the mantle of the character. Can't wait to see the other side.

And expanding on that, the casting for characters once played by Jason Carl is phenomenal. Ib, Eva, Ramona... I don't know what it's like to actually cast for a... tabletop... theatre game? But damn. It can't be easy.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018

Yeah, sometimes it's a bit silly, but on the whole L.A. by Night is really awesome. And canon to boot. Whenever Mark Meer shows up, he simply steals the show. Simply love to hate his arrogant Toreador ass.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sometimes it's a bit silly, but in the whole L.A. by Night is really awesome. And canon to boot. Whenever Mark Meer shows up, he simply steals the show. Simply love to hate his arrogant Toreador ass.

I like in the middle of season 2, Chaz (Meers) was 1 step away from the final death and he never knew it.

Would have been real interesting if it went down that way.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
I like in the middle of season 2, Chaz (Meers) was 1 step away from the final death and he never knew it.

Would have been real interesting if it went down that way.
I think he was a bit TOO sure of himself. I'm sure there would have been some plot armor if they decided to try and kill him. Plus Therese was very against going open war with Camarilla at that point, and without knowing how she would react to such actions, well...

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
They also updated the official site. Seems we will stay thinblood the whole game. With just getting "accepted" into a clan.

Plus the disciplines have only two active powers, and more dots in a discipline get you some upgrades to an existing power. Not sure I like it.

Mar 30, 2019
You don't stay a thin blood... the stream sounded pretty clearly that you don't stay a thin blood because they wouldn't survive long. For me it didn't sound like you will stay one and only get accepted.

Also this are only the Thin blood disciplines... we will see if it's the same for the real ones.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
The very short video preview window at the end of the clip is the first time we actually see some real gameplay, right?

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Oh, I'm sure we'll get the standard Dominate/Potence/Celerity/Obfuscate. I worry that it'll just be the same - two active powers, and some upgrades. Anyway we'll see next thursday, when they reveal the first real clan.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
In the stream they explain you'll choose one of the three thinblood powers early in the game, and keep it throughout the entire game. You'll at some point also get clan disciplines once you're adopted into a clan. They also said it's impossible to refuse a clan, and you cannot play through the entire game as a pure thinblood. At some point you must join one.

As for active powers with disciplines, I'm not fussed. It was never going to be a direct translation of the pen and paper rules. Bloodlines wasn't either, and has many discipline trees that just buff or supplement the base power with each dot rather than granting new abilities with each upgrade.

Not much else was revealed in the steam, but they noted that in of itself, as this was more an intro. They'll be running weekly and starting next week they'll be revealing the first playable clan. They also noted that early in development they did toy around with the idea of some daylight levels, but it didn't pan out as enjoyable so they scrapped them.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
In the stream they explain you'll choose one of the three thinblood powers early in the game, and keep it throughout the entire game. You'll at some point also get clan disciplines once you're adopted into a clan. They also said it's impossible to refuse a clan, and you cannot play through the entire game as a pure thinblood. At some point you must join one.

As for active powers with disciplines, I'm not fussed. It was never going to be a direct translation of the pen and paper rules. Bloodlines wasn't either, and has many discipline trees that just buff or supplement the base power with each dot rather than granting new abilities with each upgrade.

Not much else was revealed in the steam, but they noted that in of itself, as this was more an intro. They'll be running weekly and starting next week they'll be revealing the first playable clan. They also noted that early in development they did toy around with the idea of some daylight levels, but it didn't pan out as enjoyable so they scrapped them.
Oohhh, thanks. I didn't watch the stream, only the video. That sounds good. I want my superheroes with fangs, not a ghoul+ fantasy.

Maybe the real disciplines will have all five dots mean something.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure how I feel about thinbloods not only not being killed right where they stand but potentially being promoted to clan members...

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

Not to mention many of the disciplines you could unlock amounted to "its the same fucking power but its AoE now"