• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
god DAMN this is so nice, this was a top 3 game that ran like shit and absolutely needed such patch. i'm really happy.

this earns a second run from me whenever i have a drought on my gaming schedule.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Now if only they can do a patch on the pc to unlock the framerates cause I'd like to play above 60fps.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Nice! How come One X has a lower resolution than both Series S and PS4 pro?
They obviously didn't spend much time optimizing, but it's one of those things right? At least they spent "some" time doing it. I'd rather have this than nothing at all. Series S and the One X could probably do better, but this is good enough to get people to try it out again. I might bite the bullet and buy it to play on my series X, probably won't touch it on my S though.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
If they had these performance options from day 1 I think a lot of folks would have enjoyed it far more. I loved the game, but the performance (especially in areas with too many enemies) was just poor. Even prone to crashing sometimes.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I was playing this a year ago on PS4 Pro but stopped around PS5 release.
But I loved what I played in the first 10 or so hours, thinking back now the game is kind of an unpolished gem!

With this update I'm definitely going back into it.
Hope the loading times are improved too.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
i just reinstalled the game on PS5 (PS+ version) and it's stuck on 1.07 :(

Last edited:

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
oh nice, had this on backlog.
im loving these out of nowhere 60fps patches.
this is really shaping up to be best console generation for me

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Greate news!

I stopped playing it because of frame pacing issues on the Pro looking forward to play at 60fps on the PS5.

I wonder if they also fixed the frame pacing issues on the last gen consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
Vampyr says "Remember Me"
Yeah, didn't expect this to get such a late update. Life is strange, eh?
Yeah, bit of a weird update out of nowhere. Tell me why this is worth playing?

1Rp99rb.jpg

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Found the game very rough when I first tried it, but this might make things better. At least it will be smoother.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So in reality these machines are 1440p 60fps machines. I'm OK with that.

Can we get 1440p support on all systems now?

Oct 30, 2017
One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.

Lucky whoever have to experience it now for the first time with this patch on consoles.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the story, but couldn't stomach the gameplay. Maybe I'll give it another shot now 🤔

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This game gets a patch and we're still waiting for big games like Overwatch, Witcher, Cyberpunk to get PS5 updates?

Cyberpunk already has support for the PS5 for dynamic 1296p and 60fps. If you are talking about the native application on par with the PC features, you should wait. They have far more problems with that game to fix other than porting the PC version to the next gen consoles.

And the Witcher 3 is also in works not for just a patch but a completely new application for next gen with Raytracing features and expanded content from the original Netflix Series. Sable Interactive is developing this version for more than a year and is expected to be released pretty soon. (Edit: it just got delayed.... why did I even had to open my mouth... Q2 2022).

About Overwatch.... yeah.... I don't expect anything from Blizzard/Activision on these days.

Last edited:

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
30 on SS is dissapointing.
Also, hope they improved loading times. I remember having to wait around a minute each death on X1S.

Last edited:

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped this game after getting into a boss fight that just felt broken after a number of tries, especially consider the combat is one of the weaker parts of the game. Maybe the 60 fps will give me the edge?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this game. I already 100% it back on the One X with Gamepass, and I just don't have the time to go back and replay it (its not short). Great patch though, first timers should have a great time.

I remember being frustrated with the combat at first, but once you got the hang of it (and a bit stronger), it played fine. But the story is good and the atmosphere/ world / music are all really great.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
one of my absolute fav games of last gen. I did the no kill route and I'll never forget how hard it made a certain boss fight and how incredible it was to beat it on the 100th try

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love this trend of patching last-gen games to support higher framerates and resolution on new hardware, keep-em coming!

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
i just reinstalled the game on PS5 (PS+ version) and it's stuck on 1.07 :(
Still waiting. 😓 I wouldn't sweat it usually, but my version doesn't even have the 1.08 Korean/Chinese update for some reason, starting with a clean install.
Weird. What region are you from? Maybe some servers aren't up-to-date yet?

I'm from Luxembourg (EU).

(Edit:ok seems that it is only live in the EU and JP for the moment).

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I played this game on PS4 when it was included in the Plus subscription. One of the buggiest games I ever played. I had more crashes with this game than the entirety of the PS4 library I played. Extremely obnoxious.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
Loved loved loved this game. I played it in January and was completely enamored with it. I did the no kill route and despite a little clunkiness I actually really enjoyed the combat, although I would've been fine with a good amount less of it. Might do a replay one day, especially with the update, but what I'd really like is a sequel!

Edit: don't think I had any crashes or notable bugs with the PS4 version?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I played this game on PS4 when it was included in the Plus subscription. One of the buggiest games I ever played. I had more crashes with this game than the entirety of the PS4 library I played. Extremely obnoxious.

hmmm weird, i played this game on ps4(at launch) ,and i didn't have any crashes...??