jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So much crow for people to eat who tried saying D&D were off star wars due to scheduling issues.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Did them a favor. Star Wars is laaaaame. But so was their last season of GOT. Wish them luck at Netflix. At least it won't be more Star Wars.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
JoAnna Robinson is an excellent reporter and I totally trust her judgment here. While I have no issues with KK's production of the sequel trilogy, Feige, for all his faults, is a known quantity and there's storm clouds over Star Wars right now. I'm hopeful this will lead to more people enjoying more Star Wars in the future.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Not flourishing? What?
Because Solo didnt do well?

They have a record sale on IX tickets, a GOTY game coming out and a tv show which looks AAA. Where is it not flourishing?

theme park underperforming
Solo did poorly
the movies have performed extremely poorly in China (and always have to be fair but MCU had the same problem and turned it around)
toy sales have been bad (both Disney and Hasbro have said Star Wars toy sales are down significantly in the past 2 years)

In an island the franchise under her leadership is perfectly fine, a few misses and a few hits which is perfectly acceptable.

HOWEVER, when you put that up next to the MCU it looks not so great. There isn't really much of a 10 year roadmap, its a bit disjointed, a lack of "synergy" between all the Star Wars properties,on and on. It may not be fair but you can say that someone with infinite knowledge could have crafted a Star Wars roadmap comprising movies, shows, games, theme parks, toys, etc to rival MCU in terms of popularity and revenue and they didn't. KK isn't just a producer or mid level executive, she is supposed to be the one that has the overall plan as head of Lucasfilm.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Oh no my dream of a Star Wars movie with Brie Lairson as lead, D&D as writers, Rian Johnson as director, Kevin Feige as producer is RUINED.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man all those people who said it was just scheduling issues...LOL.

And KK being Stealth fired/Feige put in to fix Star Wars has been the rumor for MONTHS now...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna have Feige bypass Kathleen Kennedy and report directly to Bob Iger?

Yeah, this report seems...suspect.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
ALSO, her sources have told her that Feige will be reporting directly to Iger on his Star Wars project, not to Kathleen Kennedy. Apparently, Disney has its eye on Feige to steady the franchise.

NO GOD NO!

Feige and KK are good friends

That means nothing in business. If I'm the head of a department and the big boss says you can head a small project under my department but that you'll report directly to the big boss instead of me, the head of the damn department, I'd be a bit miffed.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah no shit lol. did anyone really think they were turning down Star Wars for netflix?

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
theme park underperforming
Solo did poorly
the movies have performed extremely poorly in China (and always have to be fair but MCU had the same problem and turned it around)
toy sales have been bad (both Disney and Hasbro have said Star Wars toy sales are down significantly in the past 2 years)

In an island the franchise under her leadership is perfectly fine, a few misses and a few hits which is perfectly acceptable.

HOWEVER, when you put that up next to the MCU it looks not so great. There isn't really much of a 10 year roadmap, its a bit disjointed, a lack of "synergy" between all the Star Wars properties,on and on. It may not be fair but you can say that someone with infinite knowledge could have crafted a Star Wars roadmap comprising movies, shows, games, theme parks, toys, etc to rival MCU in terms of popularity and revenue and they didn't.

Ultimately the leader gets all the praise when what they do works (by design or accident) like Feige for MCU or Shonda Rhimes for Netflix, and they get all the blame when things don't do that well.

im not sure how Kathleen Kennedy is to fault for Galaxy Edge when Lucasfilm wasn't responsible for its development

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Let's not pretend the Russos are an improvement on Whedon
Ultron-Lead.jpg

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Even as someone who thinks highly of the movies we've gotten out of Disney-era Star Wars, behind the scenes has definitely been a mess and continue to be it seems.

If Feige is reporting to Iger and not Kennedy on his Star Wars project, thats at the very least signaling she is not on steady ground.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I like how the story is the moment the GoT finale aired Iger, KK, et all collectively said "what the fuck have done?" and canned Dumb and Dumber's asses.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This makes more sense. They wouldn't be shopping their services while having to make 3 SW movies.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's cute that some people think disney is satisfied with star wars making "over a billion dollars".

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Meanwhile Jason Ward, one of the people who has leaked the whole plot of Episode 9 and was validated by the trailer (so has a fair bit of credibility at this point), says that the parting of ways was amicable and that Disney's beef is with Netflix.

So who the fuck knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
So I like how the story is the moment the GoT finale aired Iger, KK, et all collectively said "what the fuck have done?" and canned Dumb and Dumber's asses.
"Yeah but why did Daenerys burn the whole city instead of just attacking the Red Keep?"
"She was mad!"
"Ok but why was she talking about liberating cities when she just killed everyone?"
"She's delusional because Jon wouldn't sleep with her."
"...You're fired."

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you believe people really tried to make a bold faced lie and make it seem like the fandom was unreasonable for not liking GOT S8?

remember when we compared to the Star Wars fans and TLJ?

Pepperidge farm remembers

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Fiege can set the foundation for the next gen of SW while LF looks for and installs a creative head to take the reigns.

Was thinking he was getting the royal tour before taking over but it looks more like uncertainty/ lack of trust on where SWs goes after 9.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ever cuter some people think Iger is happy with KK after a Star Wars film made under her watch lost Disney $150+ million.

I mean there's really nothing to support this. It's literally projection based on how you think Iger thinks. $150 million dollars compared to the previous three successful box office hits?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Iger stacked the deck by mandating a film a year but Kathleen Kennedy has had plenty of missteps and setbacks under her belt, including not having the vision or foresight for setting up the property to function as a yearly property or at high exposure.

Iger is just as much to blame as KK, but he probably doesn't give a fuck since he's retiring soon.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Is this still in rumor territory because this feels like it is still in rumor territory. And it screams of those YouTube theories that Kennedy is out the door they've been chanting for a long time.