• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
How does that compare to other popular shows for context? Seems like really good numbers regardless

Identity

Dec 3, 2018
How does that compare to other popular shows for context? Seems like really good numbers regardless

It's going to be harder to compare because you have some services that do full series dumps at once and then some that do weekly releases. Hell even Amazon doesn't do everything at once, it's sporadic.

Looking at Netflix, who always seems to do their numbers in hours, 2.5 billion minutes is around 41,666,666 hours. This site tracks this for Netflix for tv + movies: https://flixpatrol.com/streaming-services/most-hours-first-week/netflix/#toc-tv-shows -- pulling the top 10 from that the far right column is Hours viewed in the first week.

Based on that link, it wouldn't even crack the top 100 on Netflix, but again userbases, language reach and so on (#100 is 44,370,000 hours viewed in week 1).

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
It's going to be harder to compare because you have some services that do full series dumps at once and then some that do weekly releases. Hell even Amazon doesn't do everything at once, it's sporadic.

Looking at Netflix, who always seems to do their numbers in hours, 2.5 billion minutes is around 41,666,666 hours. This site tracks this for Netflix for tv + movies: https://flixpatrol.com/streaming-services/most-hours-first-week/netflix/#toc-tv-shows -- pulling the top 10 from that the far right column is Hours viewed in the first week.
Thanks! Seems like a big get for Amazon if that's what Netflix's popular shows are putting out

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Good stuff, show is pretty good, I didn't like it as much as others I don't think, but I still enjoyed it. It's probably the 2nd best video game adaption imo, I figure the 2nd season will be even better now that they have one under the belt.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
MS has IPs that have massive potential now like Fallout, TES, StarCraft and Warcraft. I hope they'll use them better in the future.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Okey Dokey.

The series absolutely nailed the aesthetic. Also, I loved how pathetic they made the BOS look. :)

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
My mom who doesn't know a gosh darn thing about the games BINGED this and she was absolutely raving about it when I called her this afternoon. So it's safe to say this is finding an audience outside of the gaming audience.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I loved how pathetic they made the BOS look. :)
Maximus: *pathetic psychopathic mumbling"
Elder: I bestow upon you the rank of Squire.
My mom who doesn't know a gosh darn thing about the games BINGED this and she was absolutely raving about it when I called her this afternoon. So it's safe to say this is finding an audience outside of the gaming audience.
My dad thinks all video games are for babies and he's loving it too lol

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I did my part!

I didn't really "binge" it, but I guess what they're looking at is first-week viewings, and I definitely got it all done in like four days.

Now, where's my 4K Blu-ray? Amazon's streaming quality, especially in 4K, leaves a bit to be desired sometimes...