• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GL is happening, Johns is running the live action stuff and Green Lantern has always been his baby, which is why I think Flash will happen in some capacity within the next five years since his run is, whether I like it or not, "the" Flash run.

I mean it's pretty easy to do a good Flash movie, even with Barry Allen. You A) Pretend he's Wally West and B) you have him play not off one singular villain but a chunk of the entire rogues gallery (maybe not boomerang because DC in their infinite wisdom thought to throw him into the movie about mass murderers) and basically make it like Spider-Man. Because when you start doing speed force shit is when the story gets real dumb and real bad to adapt to a motion picture.

DC/WB will, of course, ignore these sound ideas and go full bore ahead with speed force stupidity from jump but hey, I can dream.
It's the only way to keep things consistent with their (WB) own internal logic and reboot everything thereby undoing their own incompetence.
Flashpoint didn't work when they did it in the comics (not talking Nu-52, just Flashpoint and the events surrounding it in general), using it as a framing device for "time travel fuckery: the motion picture starring Barry Allen" is going to backfire.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
What about that Justice League Dark universe? Is that still happening? Swamp Thing, Constantine, etc?

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Good, get the money for the CGI cause we are
299533._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

and today i learned Mark Millar helped on one of the greatest Flash stories. What the hell happened to the man?

Nothing happened.
He was always trash on his own, that's why his movies work.
You get in better writers to fix his mess.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Everybody that has anything to say over at the DCEU needs to be fired. They do a terrible job

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Everybody that has anything to say over at the DCEU needs to be fired. They so a terrible job

I think everyone was.

I say fired, Berg and Silverman went off to become producers and potentially make even more money than they would as studio execs.

Kevin T is still in place (for now) and Geoff Johns is a likely a lot happier now (also with a big money studio producing deal) than trying to wrestle with a big studio slate on an executive level.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
We live in a world where we're getting a live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie before a Flash movie.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're holding off and waiting until the screenplay is right to produce instead of rushing it, to be honest. It's the right decision.