RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Velveeta-Introduces-First-Ever-Ready-to-Eat-Queso-In-Three-Cheesy-Flavors-Alongside-New-Shells-Cheese-Varieties-Including-Gluten-Free-Option-678x381.jpg

Today, Velveeta, the cheese brand known for its creamy texture, has announced its entry into the ready-to-eat queso market with the debut of new Velveeta Queso in three flavors: Queso Con Salsa, Queso Blanco, and Jalapeno. This marks a significant milestone for the brand, as it ventures into the world of convenient, pre-made queso offerings for the first time.

For decades, Velveeta has been synonymous with queso, with fans annually purchasing a staggering 125 million pounds of Velveeta loaf to craft their beloved cheesy dips. Despite this enduring tradition, a ready-to-eat version has remained elusiveā€”until now. Packaged in resealable jars, the new Velveeta Queso provides a hassle-free way for fans to enjoy their favorite cheese either solo or in intimate gatherings.

Velveeta is also introducing two new flavors to its Shells & Cheese lineup: Pizza and Buffalo. These additions, the first new flavors in twelve years, are inspired by the adventurous spirit of fans who love to experiment with bold tastes. Additionally, recognizing the evolving preferences of consumers, Velveeta is proud to launch its first-ever Gluten-Free Shells & Cheese option, catering to those with dietary restrictions.

Rolling out in stores nationwide starting in May 2024, these innovations promise to elevate mealtime experiences for pleasure seekers who believe that food should be savored.
www.chewboom.com

Velveeta Introduces First-Ever Ready-to-Eat Queso In Three Cheesy Flavors, Alongside New Shells & Cheese Varieties Including Gluten-Free Option - Chew Boom

Today, Velveeta, the cheese brand known for its creamy texture, has announced its entry into the ready-to-eat queso market with the debut of new Velveeta Queso in three flavors: Queso Con Salsa, Queso Blanco, and ..

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
What do Americans call "queso"???

It just means cheese in Spanish.

I've seen some people just make melted cheese with spices and call it "queso".

I feel like how Indians are frustrated by people in the West calling Chai, "chai tea" when "chai" already means tea.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
What do Americans call "queso"? It means cheese in Spanish.

I feel like how Indians are frustrated by people in the West calling Chai, "chai tea" when "chai" already means tea.
Queso is just processed cheese with jalapeno puree and canola oil in it for English countries

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Queso is just processed cheese with jalapeno puree and canola oil in it for English countries

How did that became a dish? lol. It's not something we do in Mexico or other Spanish speaking countries. I mean, we melt cheddar or American cheese for nachos (or use a heavily store-bought processed version of it) just like Americans do, but that's just nacho cheese. When did that become queso?

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
How did that became a dish? lol. It's not something we do in Mexico or other Spanish speaking countries. I mean, we melt cheddar or American cheese for nachos (or use a heavily store-bought processed version of it) just like Americans do, but that's just nacho cheese. When did that become queso?
I think it's just "Spanish word put on lowest quality stuff we can sell at a Mexican themed fast food place and gas station" that just kind of stuck

Vark

Oct 27, 2017

As a connoisseur of Queso, I'm offended.

You're not wrong in that any spiced cheese you can dip a chip into people will call Queso, but if you have access to legit Tex-Mex Chili con Queso it is its own thing.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I just want to be able to buy the nacho cheese sauce from the pump at 7-eleven without having to buy an industrial sized can of it.

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
I know Velveeta isn't good for you, but when you melt it down with a can of Rotel, Diced Tomatoes, Chicken soup, a pound of sausage, and a pound of ground beef you've got something magical on your hands. I'll take that over the vast majority of dips I've tried, and I don't care that it's fake cheese.

That being said, I wouldn't eat their prepackaged stuff. I'd just want to make my own.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's just "Spanish word put on lowest quality stuff we can sell at a Mexican themed fast food place and gas station" that just kind of stuck

That stuff is nacho cheese.

(Chile con) queso is what you get in a restaurant.

NO1ntPA.png

vs

v0DpE0T.png

There is a difference in the consistency and taste when done right.

While Velveeta + Rotel is the at-home go-to, 99% of restaurants use Land O'Lakes Extra Melt and whatever their in-house red sauce is.

Last edited:

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
i hope it tastes as trashy as the Tostitos brand queso dip. i love that stuff. i buy it when i crave garbage
funnily enough the taco bell branded queso is actually ass. like BAD bad. and nothing has topped tostitos for me yet so i hope this is at least as good.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
As a connoisseur of Queso, I'm offended.

You're not wrong in that any spiced cheese you can dip a chip into people will call Queso, but if you have access to legit Tex-Mex Chili con Queso it is its own thing.

go somewhere good for tex mex and you can get some freshly made cheese sauce that is fantastic with so many things.

i remember when i used to get chili con queso for free at so many places. nowadays good queso is more expensive.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

Yeah usually melted cheese with spices, sometimes with some pico de gallo and chopped jalapenos on top. The Velveta with Rotel is the cheap and gross version but restaurants using fresh cheese and veggies make fantastic cheese dips.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

It's actually shortened from chile con queso.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
it's crazy to me how expensive velveeta is for what it is. but it does the job.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

Queso just became shorthand for queso dip like how pickle became shorthand for pickled cucumber.

mute

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be funny if they were just taking the cheese in the pouches they package with the shells and putting it in a jar instead.

We already have "tea" (usually black tea), so chai is added to distinguish. Just like how queso isn't just "cheese", it is cheese specifically meant for chips usually.

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 28, 2017

without knowing for sure, I feel like queso is being used as a term to describe mexican-style cheese. but one language adopting the word of another language and it taking on a meaning of its own is not a new thing. in your examples, queso in english is no longer a synonym for cheese, and Chai is not a synonym for tea, in english it would now be a specific style of cheese/tea. I don't see what's wrong with that. language evolves over time. cafe here doesn't mean coffee, it's basically an establishment that serves beverages

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Yeah queso is usually refered to as a cheese dip for like nachos if it has other stuff like tomatoes/peppers in it. Otherwise it's just cheese dip/nacho cheese.