TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Venom actually looks good. Everything else doesnt seem that good though.

I'll watch it when it hits Netflix.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Film looks fine and already proved Era wrong with the 100% definite "Just one transformation" from the know it alls.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this makes it in

venomlol.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's called not co-signed by Feige, so it puts a film of filth over the trailer.

I didn't even have the volume turned up and heard it just fine myself.

Stop trying to tell others why they have a different opinion on this film than you.

It has nothing to do with Feige. The movie looks bad and some people had a hard time understanding a line or two from Venom.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
And if they didn't, people would complain it was too dark and super serious and there was no light side or humour in it. I don't seem to recall this kind of criticism to some of the Infinity War trailers when after they were talking about scary Thanos was and then BAM a stupid joke from Star Lord right after! That movie turned out alright after all...
Prob because the Russos are better directors than Ruben Fleischer.

seriously, have we all forgotten Gangster Squad?!

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I couldn't understand a single thing venom said but he looks cool.

This movie will make way more money than it deserves lol

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
I know a ton of comic heads that are crazy about seeing this movie. I used to be a huge Venom fan... In the 90s.

I do wish this could have elevated beyond the Lethal Protector story, as it's a pretty bad read now a days. What can you do, though? This thing will make so much money for Sony that we'll absolutely see more.

I think it just looks real bad.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
And if they didn't, people would complain it was too dark and super serious and there was no light side or humour in it. I don't seem to recall this kind of criticism to some of the Infinity War trailers when after they were talking about scary Thanos was and then BAM a stupid joke from Star Lord right after! That movie turned out alright after all...

Every Venom trailer has been dark and serious, with a collective (number from my ass cuz too lazy to combine time) 7 minutes of trailer it's all been like that except the last 20s of the final one. Infinity Wars second trailer had jokes in the middle and end of it. It's not comparable as the "comedy" feels like an after thought for Venom.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I liked it. FYI: If you couldn't understand Venom, invest in some decent speakers / headphones. Crystal clear with great bass on these B&O H7s. And I've spent 25 years standing in front of loud amps.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Venom looks great and there's a chance that the movie is good but doing Venom without Spidey is a waste of an origin story.

Starting this story like this just seems wrong.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I noticed, unless it's directly tied to MCU its shit by default.

It's like the DC films, all good films, but the meta is to make them out to be ten times worse than they really are.
People on ERA liked the Shazam trailer. Also the DC films are not all good. I think that there is 1 good film in there (WW), maybe 2 if you catch on right day for MoS. The rest range from bad to this just a really long AMV.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It's called not co-signed by Feige, so it puts a film of filth over the trailer.

I didn't even have the volume turned up and heard it just fine myself.

I don't think people are lying just because they don't like the trailer/Sony. Bane's voice got a similar reaction, and people love Nolan's stuff.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Venom looks really good. Not sure how I feel about everything else, but at least they got the look down lol.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That writing and Hardy's accent, holy shit, how embarrassing. I still hold out hope that the Venom stuff itself will deliver though, I haven't been stuck in the 90s as a die hard Venom fan for nothing.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
This look dumb in all the right ways .
Still worried about the director and the limited budget , but its good to see Sony are not ashamed to go full on 90's stupid .

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Not to completely derail this thread, but was he referencing some Bane lore I don't know about with that voice or do you just think it's generally cool?

I'm a sucker for masked characters, especially if they have a unique voice which Bane certainly has in the movie. I don't know if that's part of the Bane Lore™ but it was fun. Nolan mentioned in a podcast that Hardy still does the accent with him when they hang out lol.

I don't like his Brock accent in this movie though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah I noticed, unless it's directly tied to MCU its shit by default.

Literally no one in this thread said that. Stop making things up.

It's like the DC films, all good films, but the meta is to make them out to be ten times worse than they really are.

No, Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad are not "good films."

You're going to try and make a disingenuous argument that the only reason anyone has a problem with Venom is because they're MCU fanboys, then you try to say that Suicide Squad is a good film?

Stop. This couldn't be more transparent.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just like the idea of the more serious reporter and totally crazy symbiote, the back and forth, the corruption and everything, so much to work with. The relationship reminds me so much of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, that is why I like Venom as a character. Well his powers are cool as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the idea of the movie, but this trailer and the previous one really removed any hope I had for it (not normally a fan of superhero movies, but the ones I have enjoyed have generally been non-Marvel takes).

It's been mentioned a lot in the thread but dear god at the voices (both Hardy and Venom). I thought the Bane voice was terrible and it was a fluke, but here I can barely understand most of their dialogue. This trailer in particular also doesn't do much to dissuade the idea that Hardy is Venom (i.e. in the 'full outfit') only for the final portion of the film.

EDIT:
ohhhhhhhh. it sounded like "i have the power to sate" all blurred together in one jumbled mess.
lol I thought that was the line too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
why is it always a liquor store robbery

I mean I know they're robbed a lot, but like can't we be more creative with our settings

kbmyac

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or is Tom Hardy sounding like a young Christopher Walken in this trailer

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Every Venom trailer has been dark and serious, with a collective (number from my ass cuz too lazy to combine time) 7 minutes of trailer it's all been like that except the last 20s of the final one. Infinity Wars second trailer had jokes in the middle and end of it. It's not comparable as the "comedy" feels like an after thought for Venom.

It is pretty comparable. The first Infinity War trailer was all serious and the second trailer was serious followed by a goofy joke and then serious followed by another joke. The tone was all over the place in that trailer if you think it was all over the place in this Venom trailer. I think that you're really stretching to ding the Venom trailer, but I won't continue to argue about it so we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm just excited to see Venom getting his own film.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Film looks fine and already proved Era wrong with the 100% definite "Just one transformation" from the know it alls.
I'm really surprised the reception has been so negative for a long time. I don't really care much about these movies, but the cast is absolutely excellent with Hardy, Williams, Ahmed and Harrelson. And Venom has always seemed kind of cool to me. The director is bit hit and miss from what I've seen from him, loved Zombieland but Gangster Squad was truly awful (cast couldn't save it), 30 Minutes or Less didn't leave positive impression either. But Zombieland is indeed super fun, so that gives me hope.