ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously personal interests don't have to/shouldn't align with the financial interests of a corporation but what irks me is when people can't take a step back and appreciate games that aren't personally for them.

So far this year Nintendo's line up is Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Animal Crossing, Good Job!, Xenoblade DE, Club House Games. If none of those personally interest you then that's a bummer but that's not the same thing as Nintendo having nothing in the first half of the year.

As to the second half of the year that remains to be seen and is it frustrating that Nintendo is now being even more tight lipped than usual in light of COVID-19? Sure, it definitely is. Could this year still turn out fine/good overall? It could.

I think that's my take on it so far.
I mean there is a good chance people have already played original versions of 3 of those....and while clubhouse iscool, it also just a game collection. Like it's fair for people to criticize the weaker lineup. Especially first half not related to the lockdown delays. Not knowing anything else of the upcoming lineup does add to it for people.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
People can't accept that a global pandemic that has most countries making non-essential jobs work from home would have some impact on their games about cartoon plumbers, how dare you bring logic into our house.
Yea, people can. The issue is when the two are corraborated. Why does it also have to be added in about HW sales as a reason for a lack of games being know too?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there is a good chance people have already played original versions of 3 of those....and while clubhouse iscool, it also just a game collection. Like it's fair for people to criticize the weaker lineup. Especially first half not related to the lockdown delays. Not knowing anything else of the upcoming lineup does add to it for people.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, you're being dismissive of something that doesn't hold your personal interest.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly what I'm talking about, you're being dismissive of something that doesn't hold your personal interest.
Well in this case because of what the specific games are. If it was more like let's say last year and that lineup, it would be more just overly picky. If a lineup has a multitude of of ports/remasters, then it's fair game. Remember the ps4 launch window and really first year?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well in this case because of what the specific games are. If it was more like let's say last year and that lineup, it would be more just overly picky. If a lineup has a multitude of of ports/remasters, then it's fair game. Remember the ps4 launch window and really first year?

I'm talking about you dismissing Club House Games as "also just a game collection". What if you turned around on Astral Chain and said "it's just an action game". It's meaningless.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it has basically all of the games from Wii Sports, it'll find a huge audience with people who want those games back. Shit, bowling ALONE has me interested. I'm guessing 5 million plus.

Yeah 5m+ is also my guess. I also wouldn't be shocked if it really takes off and does even better than that.

I mean, I'm super stoked for it, but I'm counting 2/5? Golf and bowling? And golf seems really stripped down, too

It has a weird stripped down baseball game too.

I think it's only really "missing" tennis and boxing.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It has those too...Baseball, Tennis, and Boxing are all "toy" versions.

I'm assuming they'll have motion controls but not sure.

Oh yeah, it has rockem sockem robots, I forgot about that. I don't remember a Tennis game but then again there are 51 games so it's hard to remember them all.

It also has Foosball, which is probably better than any of the Wii Sports games. And Darts which I'm surprised Wii Sports never had.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also if Future Connected is Torna tier it's pretty on par with a lot of smaller RPGs so that bundled with what amounts to pretty much a remake of Xenoblade is a very good value proposition for fans of the series or genre.

Yeah 5m+ is also my guess. I also wouldn't be shocked if it really takes off and does even better than that.

It has those too...Baseball, Tennis, and Boxing are all "toy" versions.

I'm assuming they'll have motion controls but not sure.

More importantly it has Tanks from Wii Play.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about you dismissing Club House Games as "also just a game collection". What if you turned around on Astral Chain and said "it's just an action game". It's meaningless.
I'm not dismissing it, but it's easy to see why people wouldn't compare astral chain to it. There is kind of a difference. That would be like comparing labo to fire emblem.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not dismissing it, but it's easy to see why people wouldn't compare astral chain to it. There is kind of a difference. That would be like comparing labo to fire emblem.

The difference here is that Clubhouse Games is gonna easily outsell Astral Chain, while Labo won't outsell Fire Emblem.

In terms of what is big game, sales numbers are usually a good indicator as they show how many people are interested in said game.

Obviously many enthusiasts like us disagree but in the context of looking at the year's lineup objectively it's disingenuous to dismiss Clubhouse Games in any way.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The difference is the target audience, which is exactly my point. Fire Emblem is a much bigger product than Labo based on how many people will play it but the same is true for Club House Games against Astral Chain(and probably Fire Emblem for that matter).

You've also not really explained how saying "it's just a games collection" isn't dismissing it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The difference here is that Clubhouse Games is gonna easily outsell Astral Chain, while Labo won't outsell Fire Emblem.

In terms of what is big game, sales numbers are usually a good indicator as they show how many people are interested in said game.

Obviously many enthusiasts like us disagree but in the context of looking at the year's lineup objectively it's disingenuous to dismiss Clubhouse Games in any way.
Yea, but like that's the thing, we are enthusiasts on a forum lol. So that's the whole contention of these threads and topics.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, but like that's the thing, we are enthusiasts on a forum lol. So that's the whole contention of these threads and topics.

You responded to Oregano's post expressing frustration that people can't take a step back and appreciate games that aren't for them by dismissing a game that's not for you. The context of his post was totally about objectively judging the year.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You responded to Oregano's post expressing frustration that people can't take a step back and appreciate games that aren't for them by dismissing a game that's not for you. The context of his post was totally about objectively judging the year.
Well then okay, fair enough. You have to consider though that part of it is the fact that that there are consoles/pc, and other games coming out. People decide what games they are goinf to get for the year, and it's going to affect it when looking at the decisions.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Truth is there is no reason to hold a big Direct unless the current demand for the system and some of its key titles is satisfied.

How are you gonna promote shiny new content when plenty of people cant get their hands on the products.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I don't think that Clubhouse Games mini game collection is going to sell a lot. Yes, it sold very good on the DS, but that was a completely different time on a completely different console with a completely different target audience.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

eh I don't really count the toy baseball or toy boxing because they seem to be completely different experiences, but if you count those it does seem to have everything but tennis

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's more Nintendo doesn't need to announce games right now because of that.

This is a gamers forum, but when people ask for reasons why Nintendo does things you have to think from a business perspective. What we want to happen is not really important in that respect.
I don't think I've seen ANYONE say they're happy about this state of affairs, though, just that Nintendo isn't actually totally fucking up, because there are more fundamental concerns at play than us getting hyped over their future lineup.
There is difference between what gamers wants (of course that gamers and especially Switch owners wants new announcements and games), and what Nintendo needs to do right now.
Fact is that Switch is selling better than ever and Nintendo cant keep up with Switch demand, so fact is that Nintendo doesn't need to announce some games asap.

For me it's amusing that some people have hard time accepting that.
I totally understand you guys. It is just that it is curious to me to think that way. I guess I am too much in the "crazy passionate gamer" mindset.