• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It's The Game Awards. You should look during The Game Awards. On Thursday night, EA and BioWare will show off something about Dragon Age at The Game Awards.

But what is the studio going to show from the next entry in its fantasy role-playing games? Well, the more interesting question is this: Does it even have anything to show?

EA declined to comment on the details of this story.

Dragon Age 4 — or whatever name it'll carry — is at least three years away, according to sources familiar with the studio. That timeline could change, but that is the current expectation at EA. BioWare and EA have not even settled on a name for the new Dragon Age — although that is something they could decide in preparation for a reveal at The Game Awards.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/04/dragon-age-4-2021/

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't they all working on Anthem? Like who is even working on DA4 and why are they announcing it so early?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting it to be Dragon Age 4, I thought it'd be some kind of spin off title that'd be shown.

Well, I'm even more curious now.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Well I think it's time to hop off Era. At this point it feels like everything that will be at TGA is getting leaked...
Excited for a new DA though.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Here's hoping is not another Andromeda. Also I wonder how much of an effect games like Witcher 3 will have on the game.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition quite a bit, happy to know they are working on another. I hope they adopt some lessons from DA:I, the grind got a bit too much through, I tried doing another playthrough and I lost steam shortly after starting.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow. That would have been a pretty cool surprise.

You all have to buy Anthem so I can safely ignore it and still get my Dragon Age.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much as expected. Dragon Age 4 is happening, people; BioWare isn't in serious danger.

Can't wait to see what they'll show, or if they'll give us a title.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not that interested after how mediocre the two sequels turned out and David Gaider left. His characters were my favorites, and the only ones I liked in 2 and Inquisition.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I disliked every dragon age after the first one, so not for me.
Cool for others though, despite the fact it's a TES6-style trailer.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of late leaks coming out

But I'm on Era everyday so it'd be dumb to complain about seeing them lol

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cool, but I'm not holding my breath. I could totally see it being cancelled at some point, or perhaps even worse, being something that isn't actually what Dragon Age is about. Happy to be proven wrong though, Bioware!

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really dont see a point in announcing next gen games right now when we dont even have official announcement for the next consoles lol
Its getting ridiclious.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also they are really still sticking with their concept trailers and announcements?

Nov 1, 2017
I wish them luck but I have zero hope or faith in such a thing at this point based on the previous sequels and other games that came out from them.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Ah yes, the Square Enix technique of game announcement.

Last edited:

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I disliked every dragon age after the first one, so not for me.
Cool for others though, despite the fact it's a TES6-style trailer.

Yeah same, the DA games have a hard drop-off in quality after the first one. DA:I was a little better than DA2, but the story takes a nosedive after the first act. Also I wonder how much pressure is on Anthem not flopping? Like if Anthem fails or even just does decently well, will there still be a Bioware?

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Announcing Dragon Age a bit earlier than they otherwise would is probably smart PR to keep their single-player fans from going into full revolt when Anthem hits. A CG trailer giving some hints at setting and characters is probably enough.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Huh this is going to be a cg reveal or a logo isn't it? Considering Andromeda did something similar I'm not so sure whether this is a good idea right now.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
That guy that was sad he couldn't watch the Game Awards because its late at night, need not worry....all of it will be leaked before it even starts

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever. We all know that there will be another Dragon Age as EA hasn't managed to fuck up this franchise yet. Mass Effect on the other hand...

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Share your thought process on how you reached this baseless idea?

The game has been in preproduction for years while they finish anthem. If anything, all signs are pointing to them lining up their ducks in order to hit the ground running.

Andromeda was announced as concept video years before release, then they showed CGI trailers and short teasers for like 2 years at E3 and various events, and then we got what we got. There is no point announcing game year in advance these days let alone 3 years. Game change on daily base and a lot can go wrong during those 3 years.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we can get a Pro patch/X enhancement to Inquisition in the meahtime until 4 comes out.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably going to be either a logo video or one like the Andromeda one where they talked about a lot of crap and showed nothing.

It'll be interesting to see the reactions to this since people said Diablo 4 should've been announced in the same vein.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is done to subdue the fears of people saying "Bioware is gonna be nothing but an Anthem machine" or "Bioware will shut down if Anthem fails"... though that could still happen

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"Dragon Age 4 is at least three years away"

I mean I want to get excited but this more feels like a PR move to keep their SP RPG fan base from hating on Anthem as we are getting closer to its release.

If the new DA is at least 3-4 years away, you gotta wonder how much work has been even put into the actual game at this point.

Last edited:

NintenDuvo08

Oct 30, 2017
Wow loo at these leaks

I hope someone leaks that Metroid Prime 4 will be there, thats all i need, all these other games will be icing on the cake

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I normally hate years out reveals/announcements, but this one makes sense. Bioware needs to show fans that they aren't abandoning their single-player focused IPs for Anthem.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I assume this is done to subdue the fears of people saying "Bioware is gonna be nothing but an Anthem machine" or "Bioware will shut down if Anthem fails"... though that could still happen

Announcing Starfield and TES VI didn't help Bethesda a lot this fall when they launched Fallout 76.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
"Dragon Age 4 is at least three years away"

I mean I want to get excited but this is more feels like a PR move to keep their SP RPG fan base from hating on Anthem as we are getting closer to its release.

If the new DA is at least 3-4 years away, you gotta wonder how much work has been even been put into the actual game at this point.

Not enough to give it a proper title it seems.