• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
zelda-wind-waker-hd-1024x576.jpg

A Nintendo Direct presentation focused on Zelda announcements will reportedly be held in September.

That's according to GamesBeat managing editor Mike Minotti and Giant Bomb reporter Jeff Grubb, who were speaking on a podcast this week.

"To be clear guys, the one thing we are very, very sure is being announced at this Direct are the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports for Switch," Minotti said.

"Yeah, I think there's going to be a lot of Zelda stuff at this thing," Grubb said. "I think this is like a Zelda blowout for Nintendo.

"100% there's a Nintendo Direct in September, it's that simple. There is still some uncertainty about whether this will be a general [Direct], maybe a Mini, there was some talk of it being a Partner Direct"

More at VGC https://www.videogameschronicle.com...t-princess-is-reportedly-coming-in-september/

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Until I have Wind Waker, Twilight Princes AND Metroid Prime on my Switch and playable I have trust issues with the entire planet.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
September: Splatoon 3
October: Bayonetta 3
November: Metroid Prime
December: Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
February: Zelda WW + TP

Edit: Forgot Pokemon was November oops

Last edited:

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't blue balls me on this, I need Wind Waker on Switch please and thank you

Mandelbrot

Sep 16, 2019
Nintendo executives:
Every time we see an article like this, we shift the release date of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess back by 1 year.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Finally. Feels like we have been waiting for this to be officially announced forever.

I wonder how they will space it out with BOTW2.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Other than the remakes of the N64 games (and Master Quest I guess...), that would mean every single 3D Zelda was playable on the Switch

Which is... awesome!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'd be extremely surprised if they put a bunch of Zelda SKUs like that so close together.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
At that point, what Zelda games won't be playable on the Switch?

oracle of ages, oracle of seasons, minish cap, four swords, four swords adventure, phantom hourglass, spirit tracks, a link between worlds, triforce heroes, bs the legend of zelda

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
At that point, what Zelda games won't be playable on the Switch?
I'm gonna count the LA remake for LA

- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Four Swords Adventure
- Minish Cap
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- Link Between Worlds
- Triforce Heroes

And various spin offs, notably Crossbow Training and the Tingle games

And of course the CDi games lmao

All 3D games would be playable, with the N64 games via Switch Online and the rest with their own dedicated ports

Belphegor

Sep 24, 2021
Doubt Nintendo would bundle these games instead of selling them each for 60 bucks. Would love to be proven wrong.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I think they also mentioned this idea, and I would be totally down for it: a new cenital view Zelda using the Switch´s Link´s Awakening engine/assets.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I feel like these will release in December, assuming BOTW2 isn't delayed again and release in March/April.

I adore TP so these are easy day 1 for me even tho I have them on WiiU lol. I am part of the problem.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
oracle of ages, oracle of seasons, minish cap, four swords adventure, phantom hourglass, spirit tracks, a link between worlds, triforce heroes, bs the legend of zelda

I'm gonna count the LA remake for LA

- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Four Swords Adventure
- Minish Cap
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- Link Between Worlds
- Triforce Heroes

And various spin offs, notably Crossbow Training and the Tingle games

And of course the CDi games lmao

Thanks. Some good ones, then. Let's hope we get that GB/GBA on NSO some day soon.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I'm down for some Wind Waker.
One of the few Zelda games I haven't played.

Please be true.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Until I have Wind Waker, Twilight Princes AND Metroid Prime on my Switch and playable I have trust issues with the entire planet.
If I had those three from Nintendo on my Switch - I'd be set.

Those entries are some of the best of their two series, and those are some of the best series in all of gaming!

javac

Oct 28, 2017
More options to play these games and have them on a modern system is good but I'm so over these games.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
LOL, just loaded up on eShop credit before the Wii U shop closes and these were naturally the two main things I wanted to grab. Had a feeling as soon as I took the plunge we'd see Switch ports, but whatever.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Unless they have new content (at least one new dungeon each) then count me out.

Which is fine, not everyone has to buy everything, this is just me expressing my desire for new content/dissatisfaction that they rarely do it.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said it already but I hope they wait. 4K60 on the Switch 2. I also hope they fix the art style for Wind Waker to resemble the original GC version. The Wii U version completely screwed it up with the overdone Bloom and parts of it no longer looking cel-shaded. Namely the character models.

Status
Not open for further replies.