• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed.

I was hoping one day they'd actually go to court with their nonsense, and then get humiliated there in front of a judge, and have the judge shame them instead.

Now it's even less likely it'll ever happen with how brutal their public shaming on social media is.
giphy.gif

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Hoo boy... the real lawyers are running a train on Rackets and Beard! 😂

Where did these guys come from?
Guessing some Vic Stan messaged Popehat. Popehat put it out there that they wanted none of it, but their Twitter is widely followed for information on Trump stuff. So these other lawyers probably caught wind there.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed.

I was hoping one day they'd actually go to court with their nonsense, and then get humiliated there in front of a judge, and have the judge shame them instead.

Now it's even less likely it'll ever happen with how brutal their public shaming on social media is.
giphy.gif
to be fair it's just as likely that they try to add all the lawyers talking about them to the lawsuit as it is for them to give up and walk away.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
lol the Vic people on other forums are like "we've got tons of lawyers coming out to say Vic has a slam dunk case!!" but where are they? I'm seeing a bunch dunking on Beard and BFL's terrible case, tho.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Can I get a rundown on what's happening, haven't been paying attention to this for the last couple weeks

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Passed the page on to a law school friend for her comment, since she's been doing a lot more pre-trial litigation than me for the past several years, and she was dying

Believe me, it's not just Twitter, this shit is bananas (and for law school students or young lawyers who happen to be reading this, for the love of God never practice like this)

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking beautiful, I'm laughing my ass off from all this dunking!

Also here's blackface lawyer trying to and failing to do a gotcha on Doucette, and then going for that DM that will most likely be laughed off going by Doucette's previous tweets.

giphy.gif

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
This is fucking beautiful, I'm laughing my ass off from all this dunking!

Also here's blackface lawyer trying to and failing to do a gotcha on Doucette, and then going for that DM that will most likely be laughed off going by Doucette's previous tweets.

giphy.gif

him resorting to "okay look let's just dm this" to avoid further public embarassment and the vic stans thinking he actually won

i can't

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

''VIC IS NOT A PUBLIC FIGURE!! BUT ALSO HE IS THE GREATEST VOICE ACTOR OF ALL TIME AND WAS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE NEW DRAGON BALL SUPER BROLY MOVIE WORLDWIDE!!''

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Passed the page on to a law school friend for her comment, since she's been doing a lot more pre-trial litigation than me for the past several years, and she was dying

Believe me, it's not just Twitter, this shit is bananas (and for law school students or young lawyers who happen to be reading this, for the love of God never practice like this)
This "not an actual piece of shit" defense has the potential to be the new Chewbacca Defense.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, you all have to read that Doucette tweet chain. It's pretty amazing.

I'm halfway through. My current favourites are him telling someone to stick around because he won't remember them and will need them to remind him to say I told you so when they're wrong (the person he's replying to deleted their tweet), and Rikieta saying that Doucette didn't read the whole claim only for Doucette to point out that he only has to read the stuff they're actually pleading to the court.

EDIT: There's also the point where Vic stans try to gotcha Doucette by claiming that Vic isn't a public figure (what does that even prove?), and Doucette takes quotes from the lawsuit itself which are trying to argue that Vic is a public figure

In terms of actual information worth bearing in mind for understanding the case, Doucette suggests that Vic's lawyer will have to prove actual malice, which I suspected but wasn't 100% on. The "piece of shit" page didn't really suggest an understanding of that, and at best seems to argue that maybe they got the defendants' got their info wrong.

Last edited:

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
I am truly sorry for all those affected by this whole ordeal but man, today alone has cemented validity on the time I've spent reading about this over the last few months.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, Doucette is committing mass murder on Twitter today. A near endless supply of Vic stans standing up and getting face-slapped in turn.

Good stuff.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if the lawyers responding to the case is enough to warrant a new thread about the lawyers responding to the case so more people can realize what is going on right now.

kierwynn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's really funny watching these stans and trolls try their typical arguing tactics on actual lawyers who like... argue for a living. lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we all knew this was a joke from the start... but to have it spelled out to them and see them STILL try to spin it as a win is just life giving.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Doucette didn't know that Vic had apologized until now.

I think his reaction is more damning than it might come across, since with defamation the "gist" is actually what matters.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Where there was darkness, there is light now.

This whole catastrophe of a situation is turning into something I'm actually enjoy reading about, which is strange considering where we started.

I hope all of this recent back and forth will give those impacted by Vic at least some solace in what has been a trying time.

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
Beard and Nick are probably trying to contact all these dudes now, I absolutely LOVE that Texas lawyers are checking in now, these idiots are watching their case crumble over twitter

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
its like actual lawyers are ready to just destroy Vic completely besides the blackface beard

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing watching people who's knowledge of law doesn't go beyond Phoenix Wright try and argue real law with actual lawyers.