• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yikes, but even if theres one falsely claimed issue like this one seems to be, i'll always believe victims.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
i wonder if he's beleiving the nonsense that was posted in here earlier
Adam works for Crunchyroll. He's not just going to believe social media heresay from detractors. That said, if this really did originate from Sami's Facebook page and co-opted a description of events and pictures from two years ago, I pray that her Facebook account was hacked. It's not unfathomable given the allegations against Vic she put out there a couple weeks back.

Either way this is another provocative escalation of events that should ideally be dissipating.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adam works for Crunchyroll. He's not just going to believe social media heresay from detractors. That said, if this really did originate from Sami's Facebook page and co-opted a description of events and pictures from two years ago, I pray that her Facebook account was hacked. It's not unfathomable given the allegations against Vic she put out there a couple weeks back.

Either way this is another provocative escalation of events that should ideally be dissipating.

A hacking does seem more likely than a fake claim and within the M.O of the harassers

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Schemmel's tweets are now protected, presumably because of the shit heads attacking him.
Damn, this just keeps getting worse.

People are really fucked up. Swatting someone is the same as trying to KILL someone. Should be an automatic decade or more in prison if caught.
Yeah, basically it said he received a call from his local authorities asking if everything was okay because they had received a call about something going on at his address.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These people are seriously making my blood boil. I need to take a break.
Definitely do that dude. I was reading them few days ago and I was about ready to respond to all of them on twitter before I stopped myself. Dumbasses will be dumbasses.
I accidentally watched a video where the guy was saying that "we lost a hero" because Sean is with Monica, so it goes to show you where their mind is at.
Fuck. Gosh I hate these people lol.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It's crazy that even the voice of Goku is targeted by these people.

Not even that, its crazy that they're identifying with a known creep instead of listening to the people who have had regular contact with him who know him to be a creep and have known this for a loong time. I fully expect the victims to get ignored or get shit on even more from new sources as sad as it is, people who are in the know are speaking up and backing them up and they're just dismissed without a second thought. All these people who personally know him and have had to work around him say he's a scuzz and instead go "no, it must be a CoNsPiRaCy!"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Again, VAs might want to call their local police to tell them that they might be target of fake SWAT calls.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not even that, its crazy that they're identifying with a known creep instead of listening to the people who have had regular contact with him who know him to be a creep and have known this for a loong time. I fully expect the victims to get ignored or get shit on even more from new sources as sad as it is, people who are in the know are speaking up and backing them up and they're just dismissed without a second thought. All these people who personally know him and have had to work around him say he's a scuzz and instead go "no, it must be a CoNsPiRaCy!"
Yep. I mean...I even tried arguing with these creeps and this is how it turned out.

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:03 PM
lol "Victims"
Give me a break Kokonoe

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:05 PM
Did you not see all I posted?
Or do you not even trust the voice actor of Goku?

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:07 PM
I did
What victims?
I think you mean crappy human beings that lie for 3 weeks of fame if you ask me

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:07 PM
The fame of being sexually assaulted? How does this benefit them?
KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:09 PM
People could just say you are a liar.
Which is what is happening right now

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:09 PM
They get sympathy
They can literally do it to anyone, male or female, and get away scott-free
Monica's failing because she's terrible at lying

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:10 PM
What benefit does sympathy have?

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:10 PM
Fakse accusations destroy innocent lives

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:11 PM
Yeah it's like. Women aren't en masse sociopaths trying to bring down men. Plenty of VA's still on Funimation don't have any accusations like this thrown at them.
Sean in like 2011 made the video "Kip Mangina" which was his own way of speaking out about him

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:19 PM
Just because the allegations are bullshit doesn't mean that #IStandWithVic supporters hate women
There's always an excuse. -_-
Stop spreading femenazi bs

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:20 PM
Your argument was that "They get sympathy", we asked what the benefit of "Sympathy" was.
KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:21 PM
Here I'll play it out more vividly.

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:21 PM
"the left"
What do politics have to do with anything
That's the dumbest thing I heard

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:21 PM
I'm gonna tell someone I got raped. This will give me 10 + sympathy points. How should I spend them?

RevampedSpiderLast Thursday at 9:23 PM
Mind not pulling the gender card

KokonoeLast Thursday at 9:23 PM
How should I spend my 10+ sympathy points, Greedo?

The rest ended up him calling the mods of the chat on me after he got flustered.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to take a break from checking the tag with this latest news. The conspiracy train will be running at full blast for a while now.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
After what happened with the last one, I think we need another source on the Sean thing -- all we have here is a deleted tweet.

Boy, the sinking feeling I got when I saw Adam's tweet. Not that Vic's defenders already didn't have their heads in the head, but you know they'll be hailing this as ultimate proof of a conspiracy.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After what happened with the last one, I think we need another source on the Sean thing -- all we have here is a deleted tweet.

Boy, the sinking feeling I got when I saw Adam's tweet. Not that Vic's defenders already didn't have their heads in the head, but you know they'll be hailing this as ultimate proof of a conspiracy.
Found in the tag.
DzvO_6dVsAE0i2Z

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, they're just very passionate Dragon Ball Dub fans. They've always hated Sean Schemmel, his Goku dub is infamous. It's well known that true anime fans have always preferred the Japanese VA for Goku.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling these aren't even Vic fans. I doubt his fanbase was THIS large before and I say this as someone who considered him Broly and loved his music and voice acting.

I think it's a bunch of alt right shitheads using this to fight back against #metoo movement as "proof".

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All of this over ONE guy. ONE GUY.

Screw those morons.
At this stage it isn't really about him anymore though. It's about pushing back against victims of sexual abuse and harassment, and revolting against any voice of support those victims can garner. The majority couldn't give two fucks who Vic is, just the fact women have had the audacity to come forwards against him, and others have backed up their claim.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's frustrating because I KNOW for a goddamn fact this man literally leaps out and hugs young people who appear to be attractive girls who aren't even his fans. That's what happened when my sibling and I met him- they had no idea who he was and I was there to get something signed myself (they were there, ironically enough, for Todd Haberkorn, because Sgt. Frog). But he basically leapt up out from behind the signing table to get at them. In the end it was just a hug, but it was a long damn hug. :/ So it's not an extreme leap to imagine he groped someone or did worse to actual fans or coworkers.

I know for a goddamn fact what I saw. My sibling knows for a goddamn fact they got awkwardly hugged by a strange man who they knew nothing about. And after we connected the rumors to what happened then, we both got very awkward feeling and seeing people now come forward with worse stories....

Well I'm believing them. And I believe Funi severing ties with Vic is justice served.

That said, I really do recommend people being targeted by the mob lay low for a bit. Just don't engage, don't comment on KickVic outside of official statements by companies or cons. Block liberally. It sucks, but these people cannot be reasoned with. However, knowing them, they will find a new thing to get angry at once they can't pry at people. The mission of removing Vic from his access to vulnerable people in the anime community is completed, more or less. Continuing to engage with people who refuse to believe will bring nothing good.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I have a feeling these aren't even Vic fans. I doubt his fanbase was THIS large before and I say this as someone who considered him Broly and loved his music and voice acting.

I think it's a bunch of alt right shitheads using this to fight back against #metoo movement as "proof".

Yup, it's Gamergate all over again. Likely wth the same people. Stay safe, everyone.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Oh yeah no, it's laughable to suggest these were all Vic fans. They weren't. Anime Outsiders, for instance, has had a known hateboner for the dub industry (edit: really, localization industry as a whole) for a while. This is just a chance to weaponize an event to further that.

It's just kinda disappointing seeing the #KickVic tag largely devolve into a secondary #IStandWithVic tag. :/

But as a result I saw that supposedly Vic is lawyering up for defamation......... But against who? Everyone who accused him? That's a lot of people, you're going to be summoning like a hundred different people to a court, then. I don't think he's that rich. Against one person? There's plenty of testimony of him being a creep online that can be used as corroboration for what the one person said. Against Funimation or RoosterTeeth? Both are based in Texas, which has horrible worker rights laws, and so just the controversy around Vic would be enough to fire him, let alone whether it's true or not.

Like, if it's true he's doing that? It won't end well for him. I doubt he is given it comes, again, from people harassing his victims. But it could be a Digital Homicide situation, but worse.

Edit: And the worst part is? Even if it happens, and the inevitability of the case either being thrown out with prejudice or him losing it... People will still support him. They keep fucking begging for it to go to court, but they'll say "IT WAS A CIVIL TRIAL NOT A CRIMINAL TRIAL".

We want him out of our community so he can't hurt people any longer. Whether he's in jail or not doesn't matter, as hopefully, people will have sense to look into him and know he's bad news to have around kids or young women.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah no, it's laughable to suggest these were all Vic fans. They weren't. Anime Outsiders, for instance, has had a known hateboner for the dub industry for a while. This is just a chance to weaponize an event to further that.

It's just kinda disappointing seeing the #KickVic tag largely devolve into a secondary #IStandWithVic tag. :/

But as a result I saw that supposedly Vic is lawyering up for defamation......... But against who? Everyone who accused him? That's a lot of people, you're going to be summoning like a hundred different people to a court, then. I don't think he's that rich. Against one person? There's plenty of testimony of him being a creep online that can be used as corroboration for what the one person said. Against Funimation or RoosterTeeth? Both are based in Texas, which has horrible worker rights laws, and so just the controversy around Vic would be enough to fire him, let alone whether it's true or not.

Like, if it's true he's doing that? It won't end well for him. I doubt he is given it comes, again, from people harassing his victims. But it could be a Digital Homicide situation, but worse.

Texas Anti SLAPP laws are going to cost Vic a lot if he goes with this.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah no, it's laughable to suggest these were all Vic fans. They weren't. Anime Outsiders, for instance, has had a known hateboner for the dub industry for a while. This is just a chance to weaponize an event to further that.

It's not really clear what Vic's actually doing. Seems a lawyer on Youtube is offering to be Vic's lawyer, and opened a gofundme to do so. Unless I missed it, nothing else seems to have popped up.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Texas Anti SLAPP laws are going to cost Vic a lot if he goes with this.
Yep, that's another part of it I hadn't considered, and why I doubt it's true. He can't be so egotistical it sends him into utter fool territory after having the rug pulled out, can it?
It's not really clear what Vic's actually doing. Seems a lawyer on Youtube is offering to be Vic's lawyer, and opened a gofundme to do so. Unless I missed it, nothing else seems to have popped up.
If that's all it fucking is, and he's not personally hired anyone, I'm so fucking amused.

To me, before I read what I read (I'm not linking bozo tweets here), I thought he just wanted to wash his hands of the situation and try to move on, hoping he could lay low or something until people "forgot", not exacerbate it. Why do they think he'd accept the lawyer's offer? How do they know the lawyer's not a grifter taking advantage of their indignant fury? Like... wow.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Is he really stupid enough to try for defamation/wrongful termination?

The best thing for him to do is to say quiet and talk to lawyers and figure things out. Texas is also one of those states where employment on both sides is at will so suing for wrongful termination is probably likely out of the cards.

For all that could be considered there could worse shit out there about Vic that could get him into actual legal trouble. But this is all speculative on my part.

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017

I mean... has Vic even technically been fired? Isn't most dub work for-hire contract work? Regardless of where you are or the circumstances surrounding it, there's a world of difference between firing a full-time employee and simply deciding that you aren't going to hire a specific contractor going forward.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I mean... has Vic even technically been fired? Isn't most dub work for-hire contract work? Regardless of where you are or the circumstances surrounding it, there's a world of difference between firing a full-time employee and simply deciding that you aren't going to hire a specific contractor going forward.
God, you're right, clumsy wording on my part. It's not firing at all. So he'd have even less a leg to stand on.

So yeah either he's an absolute nincompoop or it's just not true.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

He was fired from RWBY, and I believe Funi recast him in one of the shows he was currently dubbing, The Morose Mononokean II.

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017
He was fired from RWBY, and I believe Funi recast him in one of the shows he was currently dubbing, The Morose Mononokean II.

I mean, what specially was his role on RWBY? Point is that there is a very specific legal distinction between firing a pay-rolled employee, and no longer deciding to work with a freelancer who you contract on a per-job basis.

I'm not sure what point the Mononokean II dub was at, if they'd even started it at the point they cut ties, but it's entirely possible that they just threw Vic the minimum whatever the were contractually required for that one, probably non-union, job and just not contract him for any further work, assuming that they even had to pay him anything to cut ties there.

I don't honestly know what Vics employment status at Funi was, but I'm guessing Vic probably doesn't have a legal leg to stand on there even if they stopped working with him without his questionable history.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The last holdout for the previously reported SWAT incident I was tracking has come out and stated belief it was a hoax; no one is left to stand by this story anymore.

This is especially problematic because the now widely believed to be fake SWATting incident came from one of the more high profile accusers, so of course everyone telling the truth have to work thousands of times harder for shitty people to not believe they are guilty by association.

Sean taking his Twitter private hasn't done him any favors either. There's no way to even begin to figure out what's going on with his own claims he was contacted by law enforcement in response to others trying to SWAT him.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, what specially was his role on RWBY? Point is that there is a very specific legal distinction between firing a pay-rolled employee, and no longer deciding to work with a freelancer who you contract on a per-job basis.

I'm not sure what point the Mononokean II dub was at, if they'd even started it at the point they cut ties, but it's entirely possible that they just threw Vic the minimum whatever the were contractually required for that one, probably non-union, job and just not contract him for any further work, assuming that they even had to pay him anything to cut ties there.

I don't honestly know what Vics employment status at Funi was, but I'm guessing Vic probably doesn't have a legal leg to stand on there even if they stopped working with him without his questionable history.

He was Qrow, a fairly significant recurring character, who is a: probably going to continue to appear in the show (since they claimed that his firing wouldn't affect the creative direction of the show), and thus he probably would've continued to be Qrow sans being fired. As for the other show, i don't know either, and I don't care overly much, because texas is an at-will state, and he can be fired for any reason not prohibited by law.