• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I think Huber is only going to get roles he's already secured in the past. But he won't get anything new so his voice work will be limited. Basically to just Android 17 and Kurogiri. Maybe Zoro's Sensei if he ever becomes important (probably not). No word if he'll reprise Hiei in the Yu Yu Hakusho OVAs. Wonder what happened to those? Funimation announced them and... nothing since.

Apparently, Chuck Huber is a hard-right Christian. Like "Harry Potter will make you Satanic" hard-right. Not a surprise he's anti-vax.
lol how the hell does a guy like that square away playing a literal demon like Hiei?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
lol how the hell does a guy like that square away playing a literal demon like Hiei?

Probably the same way Vig was able to justify playing an atheist in Edward. "It's just acting."

During the allegations, I recall a few chuds trying to spring some "gotcha" at Marchi by saying "But you're fine with playing the main girl in High School DxD! She gets grabbed/harassed all the time so how dare you accuse Vig of the same!"

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The time to do that was when the news broke, I think, although there's nothing wrong with spreading awareness I suppose...

Boy, does it still gross me out he's still getting work. Makes you wonder what other creeps work in the boothes...

Yea, I'm really not liking the fact he's likely voicing one of the main characters in Lost Judgment's dub. I've been enjoying those dubs and while he was previously in smaller roles, I've been able to tolerate it since they're brief, this time though...I don't know. I'm curious if there has been anything new since he outed himself as a rapist.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Watched the latest dub of MHA. Kurogiri had speaking lines, and it seemed a bit different, but VAs try to emulate each other all the time when they are replaced and it's been so long since I heard him speak before that I can't say for sure whether it was Chuck coming back after such a long time or not.

End of the episode didn't have dub credits, so couldn't verify. Maybe someone with better ears could try. MAL doesn't have a 2nd English Listing like some redubs do, but they aren't consistent in this.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Watched the latest dub of MHA. Kurogiri had speaking lines, and it seemed a bit different, but VAs try to emulate each other all the time when they are replaced and it's been so long since I heard him speak before that I can't say for sure whether it was Chuck coming back after such a long time or not.

End of the episode didn't have dub credits, so couldn't verify. Maybe someone with better ears could try. MAL doesn't have a 2nd English Listing like some redubs do, but they aren't consistent in this.

If that were the case, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be RTing Kurogiri stuff on his timeline. At this point, the "legacy roles only" theory is looking likely.

Quite frankly, after the stunt he pulled with the affidavit, I'm amazed they'd continue hiring him. Haberkorn is already a can of worms, but the guy who outright aligned with a SLAPP suit against his employer on top of pushing damaging casting couch conspiracies just to smear Chris Sabat? He's clearly a liability.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
If that were the case, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be RTing Kurogiri stuff on his timeline. At this point, the "legacy roles only" theory is looking likely.

Quite frankly, after the stunt he pulled with the affidavit, I'm amazed they'd continue hiring him. Haberkorn is already a can of worms, but the guy who outright aligned with a SLAPP suit against his employer on top of pushing damaging casting couch conspiracies just to smear Chris Sabat? He's clearly a liability.

True. Didn't bother actually checking twitter lol

Pretty much agree with thinking he'd be a liability. But I guess someone somewhere thought it'd be best to not stir the pot with chuds and let him have his few legacies and just gradually fade him out until there's nothing left.

Jun 17, 2019
Last edited:

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird one because as far as I can see this actress is not well known, hey also alumni of my college cool, in regard to like your typical ADV/Sentai, Funi or Boom VO type situations. It seems its a smaller scale thing, and I'm guessing Youtube VO situation unless someone well known is saying stupid shit. Is anyone well known saying stupid shit because that would be all over the place.

One VO credit is on a podcast called One Shots: D&D Character Podcast where she played a character named Cicatrice / Arkham West. So not sure exactly what is going on. Unless someone has some more info on this.

It's about Chuck Huber. She did classes with him and was later a teacher in his online acting school.

He started shilling NFTs a few days ago and then people (re)discovered he was anti-vaxx, 9/11 truther, flat earther and it just went further on from there.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

What a fucking asshole. What the hell is FUNi thinking keeping him around?

I feel like I'm missing context as this feels like it's being built off of other things being said about him.

Regardless of what I'm missing though, this story on top of what Chuck tried to do with inserting himself as a "liason" between Vig & Monica, seems to paint him as a fucking opportunist of every level.

He should fall off the edge of the Flat Earth he believes in.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm missing context as this feels like it's being built off of other things being said about him.

Regardless of what I'm missing though, this story on top of what Chuck tried to do with inserting himself as a "liason" between Vig & Monica, seems to paint him as a fucking opportunist of every level.

He should fall off the edge of the Flat Earth he believes in.

Shane Holmberg's write-up as well as him doubling down below might help:

...yeah, as an autistic individual myself, I'm more than a little peeved at this talking point. While I obviously can't speak for the entirety of those across the spectrum, there's a wide gulf between "the daily struggle of applying common sense and managing one's sensory issues" and "being impervious to any and all forms of criticism and consequences", not the least in stalking and inciting threats. (And that's not even getting into the bad faith "you're being ableist!!!!11" defenders; like, seriously, buzz off with that shit.)

Also apparently he's dabbling into eugenics now? I'll admit I'm a little lost on this one.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Funi will only fully get rid of Huber if he does something really bad. Like "sue the company" bad. Or if he ends up outed as a sex pervert.
If there's any consolation, he hasn't been cast in a new Funimation role in a long time. He's only kept around for role reprisals like 17, Kurogiri, and Hiei for the YYH OVA (whenever that comes out)

It should be noted that Huber is also a crazy hardcore Christian. Like "Harry Potter is Satanic" hardcore. Amazes me he's willing to do shows like Dragon Ball, Soul Eater, and Yu Yu Hakusho. But I guess money overrides faith.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
If I know anything about the legal process its that when it wants to it can really drag its heels and take its sweet time

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Vic is beyond damaged goods at this point. Inviting him is like the equivalent of punching yourself in the face.

He was recently a guest at a con that I was working at a booth for as a volunteer all weekend. He had a huge line at all times, it was nuts but people love this asshole and never was there not folks lined up for his autograph and pics. I can see some cons just not caring if he's a bankable guest with certain crowds, then they will still book him.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
He was recently a guest at a con that I was working at a booth for as a volunteer all weekend. He had a huge line at all times, it was nuts but people love this asshole and never was there not folks lined up for his autograph and pics. I can see some cons just not caring if he's a bankable guest with certain crowds, then they will still book him.

I imagine a decent percentage of the audience still has no idea about the lawsuit, but recognise the characters

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Because anime male Fandom is toxic as fuck

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I imagine a decent percentage of the audience still has no idea about the lawsuit, but recognise the characters

I kind of like to think that and assume it is true a lot of folks don't know, there was lot of youngins too in the line. He was charging $30 for autographs and more for pics and other things, friend and I counted as his line was visible to us the whole time and he was making several thousand in 2 hrs easy. He was there most of the day then too and it was two days of him having consistent lines.

Because anime male Fandom is toxic as fuck

Folks lined up to see him was pretty split evenly with boys and girls.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I kind of like to think that and assume it is true a lot of folks don't know, there was lot of youngins too in the line. He was charging $30 for autographs and more for pics and other things, friend and I counted as his line was visible to us the whole time and he was making several thousand in 2 hrs easy. He was there most of the day then too and it was two days of him having consistent lines.

Folks lined up to see him was pretty split evenly with boys and girls.

Have a rough estimate about how young? It may take a generation before people stop caring about his old roles. I know my kids aren't of the age yet to give a shit about the voice actors of the Digi Destined or Digimon more than the Digimon themselves. And by the time they do get old enough, he'll be out of the industry long enough to not have any new roles that they can begin to fanboy/girl over.

That's not to say those of us who grew up watching FMA on Adult Swim won't still have a set of fans that will maintain that fandom until he retires from the con scene.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Have a rough estimate about how young? It may take a generation before people stop caring about his old roles. I know my kids aren't of the age yet to give a shit about the voice actors of the Digi Destined or Digimon more than the Digimon themselves. And by the time they do get old enough, he'll be out of the industry long enough to not have any new roles that they can begin to fanboy/girl over.

That's not to say those of us who grew up watching FMA on Adult Swim won't still have a set of fans that will maintain that fandom until he retires from the con scene.

There was alot of tweens for sure, some older anime fans for sure but the line did seem to skew to maybe more middle to early high school looking kids. Lot of the older ones clearly were DBZ fans from their outfits haha

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
There was alot of tweens for sure, some older anime fans for sure but the line did seem to skew to maybe more middle to early high school looking kids. Lot of the older ones clearly were DBZ fans from their outfits haha

Which is wild. I didn't learn about his Broly role until I was in college, even after seeing the original movies in high school. The amount of fanfare he got for reprising a super old role just because the character is "canon" now is......

Well....at least JYB has taken over and does a much better job with the screaming.

Also, I'd like to highlight: $30 for autographs?! WHAT.

In comparison to this:

Losing a class act like Chris and still having to put up with Vig's bullshit is extremely unfair.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
LOL I was just about to link the video

I watch her content because she talks about corrupt companies, non profits and MLMs, but it was interesting seeing her covering something I know about.

However I felt the video was a bit misleading as it promises to be about FUNimation but instead focuses the 90% of the video on the Vic case.

While I appreciate her talking about Vic, it should have just been a video on him :/

Additionally it's a good summary of everything that happened at least, and sides with Kick Vic more so better summary video than some other youtube sources I guess. :blobshrug:

Last edited:

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
New half-hour video uploaded not even a half-hour ago: *Takes a neutral stance, slightly favoring the K. Vig side of this.*

I.S.W. Vig: "HA! TAKE THAT, SJW SNOWFLAKES"

I'm rather confused how the vic stans see this video as some kind of win ... ? Is it because Illuminaughty tends to use the term "alleged" where it's legally safe to do so?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm rather confused how the vic stans see this video as some kind of win ... ? Is it because Illuminaughty tends to use the term "alleged" where it's legally safe to do so?
I honestly wanna know how they got that stance either especially when she was very clearly on the side siding with the victims and believing their claims and really only using alleged for legal reasons.

she does point out that most of the evidence is from testimony, but she always does that when presenting evidence and she still sides with the victors.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I honestly wanna know how they got that stance either especially when she was very clearly on the side siding with the victims and believing their claims and really only using alleged for legal reasons.

she does point out that most of the evidence is from testimony, but she always does that when presenting evidence and she still sides with the victors.

The vig stans I used to see on Twitter didn't exactly ooze intelligence or critical thinking skills, lol

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe they didn't read past the somewhat ambiguous title of the video?

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
This is the same group of people that were convinced that they had an open and shut cases despite every other lawyer that saw it besides THE BEARD telling them it was stupid. They are no stranger to avoiding reality for their fantasy land

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So a certain someone attempted to sneak his way into the Los Angeles Comic Con by piggypacking onto a vendor's booth; thankfully, the convention responded appropriately. Cue screaming chuds.

Gotta say, I certainly didn't miss the familiar cycle of tired arguments ("There's no evidence! You just hate his faith! Monica lied!"), but "the accusers retracted their claims!" is a new one.

(While I'm at it, I will say the disingenuous "He was never convicted of sexual harassment, so how can you call him a sexual predator?" talking point is hysterical given that they're quick to do the same with Sabat and DC Douglas, and I say that knowing full well of the smoke surrounding the latter. They really have no consistent values.)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So a certain someone attempted to sneak his way into the Los Angeles Comic Con by piggypacking onto a vendor's booth; thankfully, the convention responded appropriately. Cue screaming chuds.

Gotta say, I certainly didn't miss the familiar cycle of tired arguments ("There's no evidence! You just hate his faith! Monica lied!"), but "the accusers retracted their claims!" is a new one.

(While I'm at it, I will say the disingenous "He was never convicted of sexual harassment, so how can you call him a sexual predator?" talking point is hysterical given that they're quick to do the same with Sabat and DC Douglas, and I say that knowing full well of the smoke surrounding the latter. They really have no consistent values.)

That is fucking sad, have some self awarness and self respect.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

(While I'm at it, I will say the disingenuous "He was never convicted of sexual harassment, so how can you call him a sexual predator?" talking point is hysterical given that they're quick to do the same with Sabat and DC Douglas, and I say that knowing full well of the smoke surrounding the latter. They really have no consistent values.)

Seeing Vic Stans throw a tantrum is both hilarious and pathetic. Why do they idolize this creep again? Oh wait it's because he was a fulfilment of their desire to get away with harassing women and him being held accountable ruins that fantasy.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Seeing Vic Stans throw a tantrum is both hilarious and pathetic. Why do they idolize this creep again? Oh wait it's because he was a fulfilment of their desire to get away with harassing women and him being held accountable ruins that fantasy.

That, and a few conflating him with the characters he's voiced.