CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
To the surprise of no one. 21.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists, and 3.6 blocks per game for his rookie season.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6pQtOov03E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

View: https://youtu.be/f3PcDn4KFR4
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

gm25Bg.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

chum

Jan 12, 2024
Literally made in a lab (or 2K player creator lol) to dominate the NBA.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Realistically, how long can he keep this up with that stature?
sorry, not too big on NBA history, but even by their standards, he's pretty fucking tall. Dont people with this height have their carrer span shortened or riddled with injuries?

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
Hopefully they can build a competitive roster around him, need to see him in the playoffs.

chum

Jan 12, 2024
sorry, not too big on NBA history, but even by their standards, he's pretty fucking tall. Dont people with this height have their carrer span shortened or riddled with injuries?

Hard to say since we don't have many examples of players like him to compare to. The most similar player to him in stature and playing style was Ralph Sampson in the 1980s who had a very shortened career due to injuries. Sports medicine has come a long way since then so there's reason to be optimistic that he'll fare better.

Oct 25, 2017
So much should've been a "insert scrub franchise here"

He has a chance to become something with the spurs. Detroit, charlotte, etc, what would he do there realistically

Xion385

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shaq said this man was Bol Bol 2.0...... hahaha

Call me crazy, if he's miraculously stays healthy for the rest of the his career, I think his ceiling is a conversation up there with LeBron and Jordan.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to say since we don't have many examples of players like him to compare to. The most similar player to him in stature and playing style was Ralph Sampson in the 1980s who had a very shortened career due to injuries. Sports medicine has come a long way since then so there's reason to be optimistic that he'll fare better.

Bol Bol seems like a much more apt comparison here.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
to me its a race between him and holmgren to see who last more. right now holmgren is still in the playoffs contributing to a title contender. could end up being a situation where holmgren ends up putting more miles on his body by being on a good team and playing playoff games.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX

Dude spends a couple million a year on people to make sure he stays healthy. His schedule is very regimented, too. Like 9pm curfew and strict amounts of sleep for recovery. They know what they have is special and they're doing everything to protect that.

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I'd like to see him gain some serious weight within the next couple of years.

He's definitely more graceful and coordinated than the other similarly tall lanky players that came before him. But all it takes is for him to land awkwardly on someone's foot and he could have a very bad tumble. But if he can get through the first 5-6 years of his career without any major injuries, then yeah it's going to be like a 2K created player come to life and thriving. I'm just worried he may not make it too far beyond the lab environment.

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
Good stuff, let's see what he does in the years to come.

Waiting for that inevitable 2K release where he is the cover athlete and a demi-god in game.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Shaq said this man was Bol Bol 2.0...... hahaha

Call me crazy, if he's miraculously stays healthy for the rest of the his career, I think his ceiling is a conversation up there with LeBron and Jordan.
Honestly, I don't think that's crazy at all. Assuming he stays healthy and wins some championships, he may very well end up the greatest ever. I think that's his ceiling.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah I'd like to see him gain some serious weight within the next couple of years.

He's definitely more graceful and coordinated than the other similarly tall lanky players that came before him. But all it takes is for him to land awkwardly on someone's foot and he could have a very bad tumble. But if he can get through the first 5-6 years of his career without any major injuries, then yeah it's going to be like a 2K created player come to life and thriving. I'm just worried he may not make it too far beyond the lab environment.

How would putting on some "serious weight" help him avoid injury?

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising but I remember back in the first month(s?) of the season when Chet was looking like the rookie of the year.

That didn't last too long but I couldn't keep watching the rest of that Spurs team to see his flashes and realized that trying to keep up with NBA regular season is such a slog for an old like me. After watching his season highlight reel more recently, he is in fact, ridiculous and truly deserving of ROY.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Wemby deserved it but it's funny to me how Chet was in the running. I know he was injured, he's still not a rookie.

Oct 26, 2017
How would putting on some "serious weight" help him avoid injury?

Additional weight would mean he's less likely to get shoved /knocked around as much. A guy his height needs to avoid hitting the floor as much as possible.

More weight doesn't free him from injuries though. The added weight can also exasperate certain hard awkward falls. But generally filling out and developing more muscles, especially around joints can help reduce injuries.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

He had a few good scares but popped back up. He is extremely flexible and has amazing trainers helping him which I think really helps keeps him safe.

View: https://youtu.be/9OYnqaFYk2A

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Dude is going to be a force but Chet Holgram meaningfully contributing to the number 1 seed is pretty impressive too

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think a rookie has lived up to the hype like this since Lebron. I think he surpasses both Durant and Lebron in terms of pre career hype and then rookie year delivery. Every game became appointment viewing by the end of the season. That win against Denver was like, yeah, this is real.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
When he almost had that 5x5 one night, then went out and got it the next day. 😮‍💨Not to mention having a legitimate case for DPOY. Even though it obviously is going to Rudy.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Dallas, San Antonio and Houston should just put their good players on one team that can compete