• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

There were some rumors about this for a while, and people immediately assumed it was Ava who the rumors were talking about.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know her at all but after looking at her bio this is great. What an opportunity for her. She's been out here working hard and this will blow her up.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this blows up her career. We need more black women in these spaces.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty awesome, although I really hope we see a POC in the director's chair on D&D's first film.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I already can't wait for Episode IX lol.

And good for her! It's great to see her so excited for this! I hope they knock it out of the park!

Oct 25, 2017
Surprising choice given her lack of experience in film.
It's important to start giving stuff like this to women and minorities if you want to build experience for eventual directorial positions.

Also, wasn't there something crazy like the second unit being the ones who filmed the truck scene in Raiders? Sometimes second units do a lot of work people don't recognize.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It's important to start giving stuff like this to women and minorities if you want to build experience for eventual directorial positions.

Also, wasn't there something crazy like the second unit being the ones who filmed the truck scene in Raiders? Sometimes second units do a lot of work people don't recognize.

Second unit does a lot of action sometimes.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
Pretty awesome, although I really hope we see a POC in the director's chair on D&D's first film.

Why? And is this something you truly believe, or something you want people to believe you believe? This mindset baffles me. Star Wars films tend to be large productions. While the only truly great Star Wars film was directed by someone with no "huge blockbuster film" experience (Kershner), that's not a risk corporate Disney seems interested in taking. They were interested in Ava seemingly, and while she ultimately passed I get the impression they would have taken her out of the running due to the disaster that is A Wrinkle In Time. As others have pointed out, not a lot of women get the opportunity to direct big blockbuster films. Even less so for POC.

But to outright say you hope a POC gets to direct a Star Wars film in the next couple years, with zero experience...I'm just curious as to why. It seems to me that wanting a good director is more important. Especially when you know the concept/script will be...not good, coming from D&D.