Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the kid seemed happy either way, good kid! :) I was expecting him to throw a fit from the title, but he was just polite instead.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
He will regret to not have the ps4 the first time that he will try to install some game from the bluray disc on the X console ;)

Last edited:

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
ha, nice! Kid knows whats better ;) /s
I did something similar to my kid. He wanted Minecraft, so i just printed a FIFA 16 cover and put it over the case.
ha, he was like... ohh... thanks?

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Whats eras fav console gift?

Mine had to be the GBA SP with Pokemon Emerald. I had been the kid who watched all the others play through Ruby and Sapphire for like a year and a half. When my stepdad got it for me as a surprise i was ecstatic.

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm calling bullshit. And you can call me a Sonyfanboy (it's true I don't like the Xbox) but really a framed Last Jedi Poster?

Is that really normal to have posters for brand new movies in your house. Unless you're gonna tell me the person in question works for ILM it just seems weird to me that an ordinary house would have a poster for a new movie.

I think it's kinda strange in general to have movie posters in your house but yeah I just feel like this is corporate synergy and they want you to buy Xbox One Xs with Battlefront 2.

Apologies in advance if someone's already pointed this out, it's just an odd detail to me.
giphy.gif

Y'all need help

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
It is pretty pathetic that it is Christmas and all and people in here are being console warriors. Truly sad and pathetic that some of you console fan boys have to stoop to that level. Lastly, why the fu** does Karnova have to say he is a Sony fan boy and then goes on to question about the family having a Last Jedi Poster? What does being a Sony fan boy have to do with questioning the SW LJ poster?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm calling bullshit. And you can call me a Sonyfanboy (it's true I don't like the Xbox) but really a framed Last Jedi Poster?

Is that really normal to have posters for brand new movies in your house. Unless you're gonna tell me the person in question works for ILM it just seems weird to me that an ordinary house would have a poster for a new movie.

I think it's kinda strange in general to have movie posters in your house but yeah I just feel like this is corporate synergy and they want you to buy Xbox One Xs with Battlefront 2.

Apologies in advance if someone's already pointed this out, it's just an odd detail to me.
Got you a Christmas gift.
Best-Quality-Aluminium-foil.jpg_350x350.jpg

Kid took that initial disappointment like a champ though.

bry

Oct 27, 2017

Mine had to be the GBA SP with Pokemon Emerald. I had been the kid who watched all the others play through Ruby and Sapphire for like a year and a half. When my stepdad got it for me as a surprise i was ecstatic.
GBA SP for sure, except that a jealous fuckhead in my apartment building scratched up my whole screen like a week or two after i got it.. Im never forgetting how devastated I was when he did that

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64 in 1997. What made it special was that it wasn't for any particular event. It was just an amazing surprise when I got home from school one November day.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This isn't a joke post?

Awwww. Take a short break from the internet or gaming forums. It's not that serious.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I always like these Xmas unboxing videos. Brings a smile to my face. :)

Some of these responses though... yikes. Console fanboys are pathetic people. Grow up.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's funny. My parents would pull this with me and my twin. We wanted nothing but an n64 and they put it in a fake PS1 box. We were similarly heartbroken.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Glad that kid loves his gift and hugging it.
It is better than my nephew who knows nothing about monetary value and ungraceful for gift.
He gave away a PS4 that I gifted him for Christmas 4yrs ago for a $20 steam card just a year ago.
Effing hell.
I just gave him a Switch...I bet he will pawn that system for 3.50 in a few months.

He gave a PS4 away for 20$....

And you bought him a Switch? Thats on you...

Can you buy me a Switch? I guarantee I won't sell it ShinySunny

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but well in this age is it really that outlandish?

All it would take to make that video is what 3 actors and a handheld camera.

It's as outlandish as me assuming that you work for sony and are doing PR work in this thread.

Could be true but it's just a weird assumption to make, isn't it?

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they ever need more ideas for that animated grinch movie I'm sure they can get some here. For real some of you need to chill, it's just a kid on christmas, some of you act as if whatever console he gets is the end of the world.

ryllix

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After seeing the kids reaction to receiving the console he didn't want, I'm glad he got the one he did want. Good kid deserves it!

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ITT: "I liked everything equally when I was young, therefore every other young boy and girl is the same!!!!!".

Who would have thought that a young boy thinking he was gifted a console he apparently doesn't like, would act more mature than young adults?

Hopefully the parent(s) downloaded all updates and pre-installed his game(s) before little man sets up the console. Those wait times, especially at Christmas, can take a little longer than usual.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
it's a ps4, it's a ps4 pro, it's an xb, it's an xbx. he wanted it. he hated it. laughs. cries.

Who. Gives. A Shit.

(always my reaction when these threads unfolded on gaf every single year)

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
He gave a PS4 away for 20$....

And you bought him a Switch? Thats on you...

Can you buy me a Switch? I guarantee I won't sell it ShinySunny

lol I was plotting how I would get back at that kid for like an hour after I read that.

I settled on a 1080ti box with a rock and a spent steam gift card in it.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The leaps in logic you had to make is truely a Christmas Miracle.

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
If they ever need more ideas for that animated grinch movie I'm sure they can get some here. For real some of you need to chill, it's just a kid on christmas, some of you act as if whatever console he gets is the end of the world.

Am I missing something? I keep seeing posts like these but most people in this thread seem to be pointing out that the kid seemed happy with either one and the parents wrote a very clickbaity video title.

Edit: oh, and one guy ranting about the last Jedi poster lol.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man what a nice heartwarming moment. Expected the kid to throw a fit or something. He was appreciative when it wasn't the thing he wanted (still a very nice thing.) and was appreciative when it was the thing he wanted. What a nice seeming family. Thanks for the video OP.