Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.dota2.com

Nemestice Falls and New Powers Rise

New Event Mode & Battle Pass In the wake of the Mad Moon's destruction, willful fragments of Radiant Ore and Direstone crashed upon our world. But a third type of stone—Nemestice—was left drifting behind. Now, a prophesied Nemestice Storm strikes the heart of the battlefield, and the clash of...
FSR added to Dota2 now. Looks like it's picking up pace.

ajl19

Oct 28, 2017
I think you're right. The rocks in the lower right hand corner of the FSR image are significantly blurred compared to the TAAU image, certainly more so than the distant objects in the scene. What game is this? Does it have a DOF setting?

Saw this mentioned in the DF FSR thread:

The game is Kingshunt and looks like DOF was indeed enabled in the FSR screenshot (while disabled in the TAAU screenshot). Nice catch KCroxtonJr.

Timorous

Jan 27, 2019
The problem is that is worse than TAAU/Temporal Reconstruction that is something widely used by developers while also delivering better results than FSR. It's also, just like FSR, hardware agnostic. No one is talking down on the tech based on DLSS, but based on the fact better multiplatform solutions already exist.

This is False though. KitGuru did the same testing and found that FSR UQ was marginally better than TAAU 77% because while the FSR image was softer it had less shimmering in motion. They also showed performance and it was basically the same for both. This was in Godfall and Terminator.

It seems DF have the most negative take on FSR but now it looks that there were oversights in their testing and comparisons making it appear worse than it really is.

This blanket TAAU > FSR was a false conclusion based on a single data point that we now know is even more flawed due to DoF settings being inconsistent across comparisons. Alex doubling down here on that idea without testing in multiple games at multiple settings really does hurt credibility.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Saw this mentioned in the DF FSR thread:

The game is Kingshunt and looks like DOF was indeed enabled in the FSR screenshot (while disabled in the TAAU screenshot). Nice catch KCroxtonJr.
Wow, interesting that forcing TAAU like that breaks the DoF effect.

I imagine it could break or mess with various other things as well, which means that doing a comparison by forcing TAAU is not a good idea at all, on any game.

Oct 25, 2017
www.dota2.com

Nemestice Falls and New Powers Rise

New Event Mode & Battle Pass In the wake of the Mad Moon's destruction, willful fragments of Radiant Ore and Direstone crashed upon our world. But a third type of stone—Nemestice—was left drifting behind. Now, a prophesied Nemestice Storm strikes the heart of the battlefield, and the clash of...
FSR added to Dota2 now. Looks like it's picking up pace.
Dota 2 was already an partnered title. Only expect FSR to pick up pace when they release the source code
This is False though. KitGuru did the same testing and found that FSR UQ was marginally better than TAAU 77% because while the FSR image was softer it had less shimmering in motion. They also showed performance and it was basically the same for both. This was in Godfall and Terminator.

It seems DF have the most negative take on FSR but now it looks that there were oversights in their testing and comparisons making it appear worse than it really is.

This blanket TAAU > FSR was a false conclusion based on a single data point that we now know is even more flawed due to DoF settings being inconsistent across comparisons. Alex doubling down here on that idea without testing in multiple games at multiple settings really does hurt credibility.
They've already updated the article with GodFall comparison between TAAU and FSR, now without the broken DoF. Regardless, i very much doubt a spatial edge upscaler can go toe-to-toe with TAAU/Temporal Reconstruction techniques. We need more data samples to test this throughly though.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018

For very obvious reasons you're not going to post the response from DF, but here it is, and no this does not hurt their credibility.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
For very obvious reasons you're not going to post the response from DF, but here it is, and no this does not hurt their credibility.

I'd say if what you offer is some kind of comparison, and said comparison is done incorrectly presenting misleading informations (albeit unknowingly, no one is claiming it was done on purpose), it can affect credibility.
Especially when you consider that the video, which is likely the most important and preeminent part of DF, is still there unchanged, and the majority of views for both have already happened.
In general this should be another case in point to take anything you see or read with a grain of salt, looking at many sources and forming your own opinion, instead of blindly following one out of faith.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I'd say if what you offer is some kind of comparison, and said comparison is done incorrectly presenting misleading informations (albeit unknowingly, no one is claiming it was done on purpose), it can affect credibility.
Especially when you consider that the video, which is likely the most important and preeminent part of DF, is still there unchanged, and the majority of views for both have already happened.
In general this should be another case in point to take anything you see or read with a grain of salt, looking at many sources and forming your own opinion, instead of blindly following one out of faith.
What would you have me do that I have not already done? Remind you, what *I can do*. Only one comparison in the entire video is compromised and requires contextualising, yet the conclusion and all the rest before are not. The conclusion is not changed even after changing a data point to be more contextualised.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Man guys, one bad data point out of dozens does not change the conclusion, just that one data point. Mistakes can happen.

Then going forward to say their credibility is tarnished is just asinine if borderline trolling.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
What would you have me do that I have not already done? Remind you, what *I can do*.

I would say the best case scenario (or really wishful thinking) is the video should be taken down and the findings re-addressed.
Because imo some of the most striking differences on a quick look at the TAAU vs. FSR in the video are coming from the DoF differences at that's misleading.
The new results in Godfall added to the article are more consistent with what others have shown, albeit the conclusions are different.
And your conclusion can stay the same, whether the image quality hit vs. perf improvement is worth is a subjective matter, no one is disputing that.
But I usually draw *my own* conclusion from the data presented, so I'm more interested in the data being correct than in your subjective conclusion potentially changing or not.

Now I perfectly understand that you *cannot* take it down and re-do the work to address the concerns for constraints that are outside your control, especially when it's only a part of the video that's affected.
But this is exactly my point.
Mistakes happen, things are presented incorrectly, informations are misunderstood. It's a natural consequence of the human component of the process.
And these things are essentially impossible to address properly *after*.
Which is why I say using a single source of information and taking for granted whatever it says can blind you from mistakes and is a very biased process, whichever the source.
Extreme bias (both ways, even negatively dismissing some data for no reason) towards a specific source are never good imo, you need to analyse the content provided and form your own opinion.

You can clearly see it in one of the threads discussing FSR (I don't remember which one I was looking at in particular).
Before the DF video was posted, most comments where in the space of "FSR actually looks better than expect, and it's a decent alternative for non RTX cards owners".
After the DF video was posted in the thread, a stream of "LOL this sucks so much, why are they even wasting time" became the norm.
Again, I want to point out that I'm not blaming you for this, everyone is entitled of their opinion, and you're certainly not responsible for people taking extreme stances and not thinking, and mistakes can certainly happen.
I was merely pointing out the effects that using a single source can have.

Anyway, these are just my irrelevant 2 cents from someone that is not part of DF video's target audience and rarely watches them, so make of that whatever you want.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
You can clearly see it in one of the threads discussing FSR (I don't remember which one I was looking at in particular).
Before the DF video was posted, most comments where in the space of "FSR actually looks better than expect, and it's a decent alternative for non RTX cards owners".
After the DF video was posted in the thread, a stream of "LOL this sucks so much, why are they even wasting time" became the norm.

Again, I want to point out that I'm not blaming you for this, everyone is entitled of their opinion, and you're certainly not responsible for people taking extreme stances and not thinking, and mistakes can certainly happen.
I was merely pointing out the effects that using a single source can have.
FWIW, I did have that same assessment reading that thread regarding the bolded.
And agree that the whole idea of having different data points is that one can form own opinions based on them, rather than relying on the conclusions too narrowly.

Timorous

Jan 27, 2019
What would you have me do that I have not already done? Remind you, what *I can do*. Only one comparison in the entire video is compromised and requires contextualising, yet the conclusion and all the rest before are not. The conclusion is not changed even after changing a data point to be more contextualised.

Your conclusion that TAAU is better than FSR for all use cases is based solely on 50% render scales since you have not tested and UQ, Q and balanced equivalent scaling factors.

Further your performance testing by fixing framerate and looking at GPU utilisation is severely flawed when GPUs have smart power saving algorithms to reduce clocks at lower loads. Utilisation is a poor metric to judge this by.

Another point of contention is that your non FSR images in the TAAU Godfall comparison have CAS applied which is diverging from the minimise the variables principal that should be applied when testing anything.

Another large issue is that you draw attention to the negatives of FSR, which is fine, but don't mention or show the kind of artifacts temporal solutions can add to the image like ghosting and shimmering. Your selective highlighting of issues for the available options leads to questions of why be selective?

If you want to prove that TAAU is better than FSR show it at all render scales. Show do not tell. If it ends up that at UQ equivalent settings TAAU and FSR comes down to personal preference with regards to what artifacts you can live with as the KitGuru review suggests then you can show the images and share your opinion.

The issues with what you have presented really makes me think you had a conclusion upfront and went looking for images and comparisons that would support it. I am sure this is not the case but it really comes across that way.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I pointed this out in the other FSR thread, and since then they confirmed the mistake. After that, posted new comparisons, using Godfall, and I see a similar issue in the first image. The DoF effect is noticeably different in the TAAU image, causing it to look much sharper in certain areas than even the simple upscale, and very different from the intended image output. Just look at the left side of the head, the shoulder area, and even part of the helmet around the F in Godfall. I'm not sure if they are just rushing things out or what...
E4oRSR_XoAATikV
Sure, even if you ignore the DoF issues, the FSR image is still not as sharp or detailed, but it's MUCH less of a difference than comparing areas on an image with DoF on and off.
Cross posting because people can't be bothered to keep topics in a single thread and decided to have separate threads to discuss the same thing.

Looks like there is still DoF in the latest comparison DF has posted, still kind of invalidating the TAAU vs FSR tests.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Cross posting because people can't be bothered to keep topics in a single thread and decided to have separate threads to discuss the same thing.

Looks like there is still DoF in the latest comparison DF has posted, still kind of invalidating the TAAU vs FSR tests.
Go look at the article - for the article I turn off DOF.
Your conclusion that TAAU is better than FSR for all use cases is based solely on 50% render scales since you have not tested and UQ, Q and balanced equivalent scaling factors.

Further your performance testing by fixing framerate and looking at GPU utilisation is severely flawed when GPUs have smart power saving algorithms to reduce clocks at lower loads. Utilisation is a poor metric to judge this by.

Another point of contention is that your non FSR images in the TAAU Godfall comparison have CAS applied which is diverging from the minimise the variables principal that should be applied when testing anything.

Another large issue is that you draw attention to the negatives of FSR, which is fine, but don't mention or show the kind of artifacts temporal solutions can add to the image like ghosting and shimmering. Your selective highlighting of issues for the available options leads to questions of why be selective?

If you want to prove that TAAU is better than FSR show it at all render scales. Show do not tell. If it ends up that at UQ equivalent settings TAAU and FSR comes down to personal preference with regards to what artifacts you can live with as the KitGuru review suggests then you can show the images and share your opinion.

The issues with what you have presented really makes me think you had a conclusion upfront and went looking for images and comparisons that would support it. I am sure this is not the case but it really comes across that way.
Have you seen the article? I show off peformance and quality mode in the article.

You say I do not mention "what artefacts the temporal implementaitons" will have. FSR needs anti-aliasing and is applied after it. In nearly every game, FSR will be applied after TAA and will indeed have "temporal artefacts". On top of this, since its initial aliased image is lower resolution spatially, it will suffer from additional temporal artefacts like pixel popping, shimmer, aliased edges that are visibly lower resolution that an image generating additional information via tmeporal data will not have. Seriously look at the images in the article.

Timorous

Jan 27, 2019
Go look at the article - for the article I turn off DOF.

Have you seen the article? I show off peformance and quality mode in the article.

You say I do not mention "what artefacts the temporal implementaitons" will have. FSR needs anti-aliasing and is applied after it. In nearly every game, FSR will be applied after TAA and will indeed have "temporal artefacts". On top of this, since its initial aliased image is lower resolution spatially, it will suffer from additional temporal artefacts like pixel popping, shimmer, aliased edges that are visibly lower resolution that an image generating additional information via tmeporal data will not have. Seriously look at the images in the article.

If TAA is applied and FSR magnifies the issue then sure point it out. TAAU though has its own movement related problems so as with most things there is a performance / IQ trade off of which there is a subjective factor.

I am not arguing that TAAU vs FSR at 50% render scaling is a win for FSR because it is not but your assumption that the advantage holds regardless or render scale does not have supporting evidence and there is evidence against this conclusion.

Looking at the KitGuru video I do notice more issues with movement for 77% TAAU vs FSR UQ in godfall and in terminator FSR UQ just looks better than 77% TAAU although not by a huge amount.

I just find your lack of testing at these higher settings a glaring omission when you are saying devs should spend time implementing good TAAU solutions instead of FSR.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
If TAA is applied and FSR magnifies the issue then sure point it out. TAAU though has its own movement related problems so as with most things there is a performance / IQ trade off of which there is a subjective factor.

I am not arguing that TAAU vs FSR at 50% render scaling is a win for FSR because it is not but your assumption that the advantage holds regardless or render scale does not have supporting evidence and there is evidence against this conclusion.

Looking at the KitGuru video I do notice more issues with movement for 77% TAAU vs FSR UQ in godfall and in terminator FSR UQ just looks better than 77% TAAU although not by a huge amount.

I just find your lack of testing at these higher settings a glaring omission when you are saying devs should spend time implementing good TAAU solutions instead of FSR.
FSR is not at all generating any new outer edge or inner surface data - just extrapolating the anti-aliased edge and adding in sharpening to help mitigate the fact that it has no higher spatial information. It also uses sharpening because without it, the areas inside edges that it thinks are edges are going to be smoothed over eliminating per pixel detail. If you look at inner surface edges in FSR vs. Normal upscales, you can see that FSR can actually lose real detail due to its edge enhancement.

As an example of what I mean, take a look at this edge right here that I am pointing at from the godfall TAAU with no DOF comparison (1440p internal both).
diffvvjmw.png

This is taken at the exact same animation frame. Notice how the FSR edge of the blade has the internal resolution of edge actually still being visible in spite of its edge extrapolation into the 4K container. It has a bumpy 1440p edge that at the 4K resolve, makes it look like blade has undulations along its edge, tiny little hills. This bumpy edge changes its look every single frame as the animation of the character arm happens - this is temporal aliasing and this technique by its very nature cannot do anything about this. On the TAA U side, there is no 1440p countable internal resolution as a bumpy edge. For an edge of such velocity, that does not happen here - but it definitely of course can happen for very fast edges since TAA is fallible. This edge on TAA U though is anti-aliased into 4K and is not changing its look every single frame of this animation. It just looks smooth.

These are the kind of things where I am saying FSR can by its very nature, even at this higher internal resolution, not be competing with something using more information in total. It can smooth into a higher res container, but it cannot get rid of the original aliasing issues of that image it started with. If you go higher or lower resolution, these issues just change the size of alias or its total size in screenspace.

Last edited:

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
So? These two don't exactly opposite each other, do they?
FSR can both look better than was expected and be worse than TAAU at the same time.
And the overall sentiment of FSR 1.0 being rather irrelevant to any game or engine which has TAAU already remains valid.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
People really should just judge for themselves... I haven't even looked at DF's article/video.. there are tons of comparison shots/videos/whatever and use your own eyes and see what you think.

It looks really mediocre to me.. I've watched videos where the presenter is saying the picture is "the same or better than native" and I'm looking RIGHT AT IT and it's clearly not that.. it's significantly worse.. so why would I go by those people's opinion?

At the very least it's not what I want from an image... so maybe it's a taste difference.. but it's hard not to consider those praising the tech to be really doing great analysis, from what my own eyes see.

Oct 25, 2017
I tested the RiftBreaker Prologue on an ultrabook with Intel Graphics(UHD 620). tested at 1280x720 with everything on high. With full resolution, my average FPS was 17. When at 50% resolution scale(In-Game option, didn't used AMD CAS/RIS), was averaging 29 FPS but the overall image was really blurred. With FSR Performance enabled(Which should upscale from 50% of the output resolution), was averaging 33 FPS but the IQ was much better than using the in-game 50% resolution scale. It also confirmed what some outlets were saying: At low resolution, the tech works, but the flaws are easily perceived. Texture flickering, shimmering of the image, loss of detail, etc(And yes, i also tested the Ultra Quality preset. There's a perceptible the loss of clarity and detail compared to native. And yes, this is even more exaggerated because of the low output resolution of 720p). Of course all of that is just my anedoctical experience, but for me, FSR does a better job than dropping resolution, as upscales with better IQ and better performance. However it doesn't compare to TAAU/Temporal Reconstruction. I don't think the solution is worthless, as there still games that do not support TAAU/Temporal Reconstruction. Upcoming Scarlet Nexus is an example of that(Though as it's a UE4 title, you can force the TAAU from the engine.ini file). So yeah, at output resolutions of 1440p and 4K, the IQ should resolve better, which will be where FSR shines for most folks.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
KitGuru's justification for appreciating FSR over TAAU 77% is that it 'reduces shimmering' - to me this implies that the TAAU process itself produces this shimmering whereas FSR 'avoids' this artifact of TAAU. However, looking at Ultra Quality FSR Alex just posted comparing it to native 4k, I'm not so sure this is because FSR is doing anything special in terms of reducing artifacting, rather it's just blurring over the specular highlights which in turn may give the impression of a somewhat more stable image - this may not be a result of avoiding TAAU upscaling artifacts in other words.

P4Qq4lW.jpg

To me, there's a certain amount of intended noise going by the native 4K image - there's like a slight film grain going on which FSR obliterates (you can see this in the upper parts of the trees in 4k image). You can also see the noticeably reduced ground texture detail.

So sure, there could possibly be less 'flickering' with FSR - but at least going by this that would seem to largely be a result of FSR basically just losing fine specular detail and grain look that's intended. You could argue that in the end, it looks 'better' to you and that's fine - but my point is that by FSR basically adding a heavier AA pass over the native image, it's 'reduced flickering', yes - but it's more a result of detail being lost than compensating for artifacts from another reconstruction method.

That's not to say this isn't preferable to a bilinear upscaled though! A 1600p image which is what the native res FSR UQ is working with will no doubt look quite a bit inferior, so there is of course some benefit here. I just don't think basically wiping out fine detail like the developers intended is necessarily a 'good thing' for an upscaling tech designed to present the image as close to a native higher res as possible, even if it may have some positive side-effects.

ajl19

Oct 28, 2017
At the very least, it would seem reasonable to update the video description (or add a pinned comment) to clarify that the Kingshunt comparison is invalid, given the conclusion in the video regarding FSR and TAAU hinges on that one comparison and most will only see the video and not the written review.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Just tested Terminator Resistance on my Gtx1660ti. At max settings, i could get 80-90 FPS on native 1080p resolution . At Ultra Quality mode, i got a ~25 FPS boost which runs around 110-120 FPS and IQ looks very comparable. I must say i'm impressed.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Just tested Terminator Resistance on my Gtx1660ti. At max settings, i could get 80-90 FPS on native 1080p resolution . At Ultra Quality mode, i got a ~25 FPS boost which runs around 110-120 FPS and IQ looks very comparable. I must say i'm impressed.
i've been looking at some videos on youtube, more specifically comments from those have been using FSR, and overall people seems to be very satisfied.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Someone used riftbreakers dll to create a makeshift universal openvr dll for games using steamvr that uses FSR ! The creator says : Boneworks, Vanishing Realms, Borderlands, TWD: Saints & Sinners , Skyrim , Fallout 4 works. I myself tested a few games , Half-life Alyx doesn't work it wants dll untouched so no go there atm (also it seems star wars squadrons is also this way) , Boneworks work, Hard Bullet work, Pavlov work and a few unity games outside of steam work too.

github.com

Releases · fholger/openvr_fsr

Add Image Upscaling via AMD FidelityFX SuperResolution or NVIDIA Image Scaling to SteamVR games - fholger/openvr_fsr

Edit : It seems he updated the dll , can't test atm , please do so yourselves among other games.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Unofficial FSR added to GTA5 through a mod.

github.com

GitHub - NarutoUA/gta5_fsr: This mod replaces original Grand Theft Auto V upscaler with FidelityFx Super Resolution 1.0

This mod replaces original Grand Theft Auto V upscaler with FidelityFx Super Resolution 1.0 - NarutoUA/gta5_fsr

Not found : Screenshot Comparison

Make comparison of screenshots

Basically they took precompiled shaders from another game that had FSR and injected it into GTA5.

Hmm. To me it looks like GTA5 looks a little bit sharper with FSR for about the same FPS. Could it just be the CAS filter at play?

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Someone used riftbreakers dll to create a makeshift universal openvr dll for games using steamvr that uses FSR ! The creator says : Boneworks, Vanishing Realms, Borderlands, TWD: Saints & Sinners , Skyrim , Fallout 4 works. I myself tested a few games , Half-life Alyx doesn't work it wants dll untouched so no go there atm (also it seems star wars squadrons is also this way) , Boneworks work, Hard Bullet work, Pavlov work and a few unity games outside of steam work too.

github.com

Add Image Upscaling via AMD FidelityFX SuperResolution or NVIDIA Image Scaling to SteamVR games - fholger/openvr_fsr

Edit : It seems he updated the dll , can't test atm , please do so yourselves among other games.

Sounds like an interesting development. I wonder why VR stuff in particular though. Is one for normal games potentially next?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
This can work just like a screen filter similar to FXAA and Smaa? I can see and hope MS add this to all BC titles. Not counting on Sony when it comes to enhancement.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
This can work just like a screen filter similar to FXAA and Smaa? I can see and hope MS add this to all BC titles. Not counting on Sony when it comes to enhancement.
I mean, if it's strong enough to upres BC stuff manually, I'm not sure it's useful? Isn't this for when you can't run things at full res?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I truly wonder how widely it will be the adoption on Xbox consoles (Given that Sony hasn't confirmed anything). Consoles, unlike PCs, already make vast usage of Temporal Reconstruction, Checkerboarding, etc.
I don't expect it to show up in too many console games honestly, especially not ones on Unreal or other engines that have already invested in their own upscaling tech, many of which are better than FSR anyways.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

github.com

I was daydreaming today about hoping someone uses this for vr. That's amazing.

VideoCardz: "AMD FildelityFX Super Resolution goes open source, new games added"
OP
OP
Dakhil

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
videocardz.com

AMD FildelityFX Super Resolution goes open source, new games added - VideoCardz.com

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution samples and documents are now available for download AMD delivered on its promise to launch its resolution upscaling technology to the public. The FSR technology is now available in four new games: Arcadegeddon, Necromunda Hired Gun, Edge of Eternity, and...
The FSR technology is now available in four new games: Arcadegeddon, Necromunda Hired Gun, Edge of Eternity, and Resident Evil Village, AMD announced today. Additionally, the technology has gone open source and the documentation and samples are now available for download through AMD's GPU Open website.
AMD-FSR-Update.jpg

AMD considers its FSR technology a 'practical performance' boost for costly rendered operations such as ray tracing, a technology that can make any low-end or high-end GPU sweat, but only as long as it is supported.

Unlike NVIDIA who decided to keep its DLSS technology closed, AMD decided to make its technology available to as many developers and gamers as possible by going open source. The code is meant to be easy to integrate, the code is open and it should be supported with as many devices as possible. AMD provided samples for various graphics APIs such as DirectX 12 or Vulkan, but promises that compile shaders are DirectX 11 compatible too.

AMD FSR does not depend on motion vector or history buffers like DLSS, which means that Tensor core boost is not necessary. This does not mean AMD will never use temporal data as DLSS does, but the first iteration of FSR is clearly not meant to use it.
AMD-FSR-5.jpg

The documentation lists all available FSR presets with detailed descriptions and corresponding scale factors and input/output resolutions. The company promised minimal driver overhead with FSR enabled no matter the resolution. However, the overhead will depend on the GPU:
AMD-FSR-3.jpg

It is revealed that FSR 1.0 has a fallback for older graphics cards (pre-Vega GPUs). The upscaling algorithm is calculated using half-precision FP16 computations, but a single-precision FP32 fallback is enabled for Radeon RX 500 and RX 400 series as well as for GeForce 900 series:
AMD-FSR-1.jpg

Furthermore, the Unity game engine will receive support for FSR in the upcoming 2021.2b release soon.
AMD-Unity-FSR.jpg

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Anyone here tried Necromunda Hired Gun with DLSS and FSR back to back?

Bang4buck did it, and he seems to be pleased with FSR.

Through youtube is hard to judge, but it appears to be quite decent.