Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

We are proud to announce that, thanks to the wonderful people at
@skastudios, we will be including some exciting Salt and Sanctuary content in our game! Owners of S&S on Steam will receive an additional 10% discount from our launch date 10/14 until 10/21!

Game launches a week from today on the 14th for PC/Switch. While Vigil was initially announced as coming to PS4 and XB1 as well those ports are now TBA.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
do we know is SKA is working on anything right now? I kind of enjoyed salt and sanctuary.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of makes me wish I had S&S on Steam rather than PS4 (it launched first on PS4). Looking forward to Vigil!

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
hopefully this get to the other platforms as well.
Not the biggest fan of S&S but I can't deny the good times I had with it.
Was more of a wait&see on Vigil (especially the Switch version because if I'm honest it's the only one version I'll ever play) but this might push me to buy even if the content doesn't make it on Switch.

e: content is also bound for Switch but discount is Steam only because Nintendo is being stupid.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
(Just want to pop in and say s&s is basically awesome, and that the first time I played it, I didn't like it at all, but now see that it might be the most worthy successor to games like faxanadu)

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
(Just want to pop in and say s&s is basically awesome, and that the first time I played it, I didn't like it at all, but now see that it might be the most worthy successor to games like faxanadu)

Yeah, I was turned off initially but the game grew on me pretty fast after that.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You know I keep wanting to try salt and sanctuary but the way they draw the heads on their characters really bugs me.

I'm sure it's a great game though. I'm just being weird.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
You know I keep wanting to try salt and sanctuary but the way they draw the heads on their characters really bugs me.

The art direction isn't great for humans in S&S but it's a real solid game.
I wouldn't go expecting metroidvania myself, I'd even say it's closer to what From did with Dark Souls.
Seriously keep with it, it's good.
You can hide the main character's head behind a hood or something and that really helps if you ask me.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Nice. I own S&S but on Playstation though, oops lol.

S&S is the best non-From Souls-like outside of Nioh. It's legit great and one of the best Metroidvanias too.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I own S&S but on Playstation though, oops lol.

S&S is the best non-From Souls-like outside of Nioh. It's legit great and one of the best Metroidvanias too.

I never thought I'd like an exploratory platformer that lacked a map, but the game does such a great job with its world design that it was still easy to keep track of the island without much issue. It really is a great game!

Last edited:

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
theres a demo for Vigil on steam. Does anyone know if it is like a "start the game and carry progress over" type demo? Otherwise, I'll just wait until it comes out

Oct 25, 2017
Unique weapon from S&S? So, the Vampire Smile scissor-sword? Or maybe the swordwhip hmmm

Anyway, was not planning on grabbing it immediately, but a double discount might do it.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017

Salt and Sanctuary is a really ugly looking game and while art isn't the be all end all of gaming, there are so many video games out there I don't think it is unreasonable to skip a game that you find offputting visually. Not like you have a shortage of games to play.

Vigil looks a lot better, art wise.