ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Vin Diesel to Star in Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots Movie for Universal, Mattel

Vin Diesel is set to star in and produce a live-action feature version of the tabletop boxing game Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots.

Vin Diesel is set to star in and produce a live-action feature version of the tabletop boxing game Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

Mattel Films is behind the project and is partnering with Universal, the studio behind Diesel's beloved Fast & Furious franchise.

Ryan Engle, the writer behind Dwayne Johnson starrer Rampage, penned the screenplay for the action-adventure, which follows a father and son who form an unlikely bond with an advanced war machine.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
91N1a3EH2PL._SL1500_.jpg

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Real Steel probably tried to get the licensing but didn't. It's a fun movie.
How is Rock Em Sock Em Robots going to be different from Real Steel?

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna ask if Vin Diesel has ever headlined a financially successful film outside the Familia franchise and the first xXx, but turns out the third xXx was a hit overseas despite bombing in the States. Either way, every time a new blockbuster comes out with Vin Diesel in the lead, my default prediction is the movie will bomb.

Oct 27, 2017
Are any of the Riddick movies good? I tried watching Chronicles of Riddick but thought it was trash
Pitch Black is a great slick little sci-fi horror/action movie
Chronicles of Riddick is a guilty pleasure of mine, but it's not amazing
Riddick is good, but there's some specific gross stuff with regard to treatment of Katee Sackhoff's character.

Without mentioning the actual best entry to the Riddick Franchse, the Escape from Butcher Bay game which unfortunately isn't available on any modern platform.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
What are you even going to call it? You know they will never call a film "Rock Em Sock Em Robots".

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't happening. It's going to be like the Barbie or Monopoly movie where the idea and some names get floated out there but then development screeches to a halt once they see the public reaction and realize that no one wants this shit (and also someone reminds the studio heads how the Battleship movie did).
What are you even going to call it? You know they will never call a film "Rock Em Sock Em Robots".
That's exactly what they'll call it. The entire point of projects like this is to get people into the theater based entirely on the fact they recognize the brand and nothing else.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
They can literally make a movie about anything can they?

really looking forward to rock, paper, scissors. movie.