sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like he's legitimately not looking for creative control of the product like he says in the release. He just wants to be in the room whenever a TV deal/sale comes online.

He had to think up a legitimate way to return without getting sued and losing and this is actually somewhat decent.

Guarantee as soon as he's got his foot in the door he's going to start messing around with creative lol

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Seems weird to bring back the two people that he fired and replaced with Nick Khan.

Guess that means he isn't a "Vince guy" anymore.
Nick was never a Vince guy. Hell, Nick did an interview after Vince stepped down basically all but confirming that he (Vince) was the one making all of the cuts and had ordered Nick to carry them out. Nick is a Triple H and Stephanie person, as he was one of the key drivers for landing them their Fox deal. And those three brokered the deal, as Rupert Murdoch wanted absolutely nothing to do with Vince, but liked working with Triple H, Stephanie, and Nick.

I feel like he's legitimately not looking for creative control of the product like he says in the release. He just wants to be in the room whenever a TV deal/sale comes online.
Nah, that's just an excuse so he can find a way back in.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
If that walking vericose vein comes back and fucks up everything good thats been going on all hes goingnto do is lower the value of the company before a sell.

Least Tony Khans buying everything out there still. Only silver lining is if they sell hes a top candidate.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back to sell the company, everyone. Carry on with your business.

After months of negotiations, we've decided the best way forward is to sign a new TV deal, and NOT sell the company.

On an unrelated note, I'll be resuming my position as head of creative going forward.

*rips up script for live show airing in an hour*

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm selling to Alpha Entertainment, which is also owned by me. Oh and I'm also taking the company private."

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe for a second that he won't do his best to get his hands back on creative once he gets his foot back in the door. He's a petty narcissistic prick who originally thought these allegations were going to blow over.

I actually enjoy watching the product right now and I don't want him near it in any capacity. This sucks.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if Vince succeed in forcing his way back, he is going to do a clean up again. A talent exodus is a plus in his eyes to remove payroll and some more geeks.
It was Johnny Ace who did all those firings (per Sapp), Vince just approved his actions.

If anything Vince would return to "hoarding mode" he was in when AEW first launched. Before Ace returned to Talent relations, he was rejecting release requests all around. He's most likely to be back to that mood after his creations getting good use elsewhere. Like Paige/Saraya.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Brock Lesnar going to bust into Smackdown now that his dad is back

Can the shareholders force him out?

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Roman vs. Brock at Mania again then, eh?

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hearing he's holding media rights and the sell of wwe hostage can they just take it back to WWE Network and just tell him to fuck off til he dies.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Is Brock Lesnar going to bust into Smackdown now that his dad is back

Can the shareholders force him out?

He has the most voting shares, there's probably ways to force certain things via lawsuits etc but I don't think it's an easy thing to force him out for other shareholders if he doesn't want to fuck off sadly.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
William Regal next week:

4a00e-16466281422522-1920.jpg

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Sean Ross Sapp outright mentioned just now on his stream that "even those talents who are close to Vince don't want him back, and think it's a bad idea."

He mentioned that absolutely no one in the company had anything positive to say about Vince wanting back in.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
Sean Ross Sapp outright mentioned just now on his stream that "even those talents who are close to Vince don't want him back, and think it's a bad idea."

He mentioned that absolutely no one in the company had anything positive to say about Vince wanting back in.

That's because all the issues that forced him in to retirement are still issues. Vince McMahon is a massive liability to the WWE and a walking lawsuit waiting to happen and that is still not dealing with the potential ramifications of the federal government looking into his conduct. This reeks of someone who has spent most of their life doing something and can't let go.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
So he's basically holding the potential sale and media rights as hostage to strong arm his way back to power….?

What in the hell lol.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
So he's basically holding the potential sale and media rights as hostage to strong arm his way back to power….?

What in the hell lol.
There is, ahem, no chance in hell of Vince pulling this power move off. No chance. He needs three board members to fall on their sword and resign, and I'm sure Nick is telling the board that's a non-starter.