Status
Not open for further replies.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the Taiwan thing was merely the trigger that gave them the excuse to go fully on the attack. From what I understand, the chinese antis had it out for her long before that.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone from in r/VirtualYoutuber has translated in summary about Coco's graduation in Kanata's Talk Stream yesterday:

Coco ain't leaving the apartment. They'll still live together

Kanata unsure atm, but believes she'll still be able to talk about Coco post-graduation

All members were given notice quite some time ago so they've had time to process their feelings a bit

Gen 4 focused on making Coco's last few weeks memorable

With a smug, Kanata has Coco's emotional support totally handled lol

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
In case you were worried Coco's retirement was going to dissuade antis, people were still spamming Fubuki's chat.
It was a Coco related stream
Yeah, I really hope she isn't quitting because of antis because if she thinks retiring is what's going to make them stop, she's really naive. It's just admitting defeat and giving them what they want.
The guess is that Coco doesn't like how her association is getting people to attack other members of hololive. If the spamming doesn't die down after July 1st, she may as well ungraduate.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
That's what amazes me. She only mentioned that her third biggest viewership was in Taiwan, and that was somehow enough to launch CCP bootlickers into a frenzy and go out of their way to destroy her livlihood and anyone associated with her. Is even mentioning that people live in Taiwan somehow a trigger? Makes no sense.
That racist Vtuber though, wow. It's not even funny, it's just blatant.

If I remember, the segment was talking about a real person, a worker or cleaner in her home, and that's what she...call him....which make it worse, because it is real person she meet and interact with.

Oct 25, 2017
The adoration for Coco is very real. Her other channel has seen a huge boost in subs. It was 219k last night, now it's 350k.

If I remember, the segment was talking about a real person, a worker or cleaner in her home, and that's what she...call him....which make it worse, because it is real person she meet and interact with.

Wow... it wasn't even an attempt at being edgy, she was genuinely racist.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Idk if I can do vtubing if someone who I don't even watch that much is affecting me this much. Reels really shitty... :(

Though to be fair, I think it's probably sadder for me knowing how hard streaming has been on Coco since the incident.

Oct 25, 2017
Coco says that she won't become a taboo after she graduates.

That's good to hear, at least she give us a little hope for her and I really hope they keep her promises with this way.

And I'm currently watching Uno game with FBK, Kanata, Marina, and Coco. It doesn't matter if I couldn't understand the langauge, as long as I see their smile once again.

Also, this is a good motivation from Coco.

51m3t37c28471.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Coco seems to be in good spirit. She's not leaving beaten or broken. That's a win in my book. She always seemed strongwilled. I'm starting to feel a little bit better about this whole mess. She'll probably manage better than her peers, yet will help them to cope behind the scenes.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty packed week for Calli. Also a new collab song coming apparently.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Wasn't she getting nationalist antis before the CCP antis because she wasn't born in Japan?

That amount of unwarranted hate would destroy anyone's mental fortitude, and enduring it for most of her Hololive career. Even through that she's still pure dragon chaos.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Korone keeps playing Saga Frontier, is she trying to 100% it? She has to have put well over 50 hours by now.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling a little better after watching that uno stream and hearing coco talk about it before hand. Feel she will go more heavily to her other channel which I will probably member for a couple of months in support. Will try to post videos of her stuff when she uses her other avatar over there. Don't really know the rules on people that do vtubing for half there streams. What will suck is there will be a lot less or zero clips now which is usually how I follow jp hololive.

This

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Why exactly do they hate her so much though, if not for that Taiwan incident?
She is an "evil American" who doesn't do your typical idol bullshit, corrupts the other members with her impure ways, never streamed on bilibili and generally gives no fucks.

Y'know, bullshit, illogical reasons.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part out of all this, besides losing Coco, is that it'll enable the Antis even more, cause now they know, if they can get a strong-minded individual like Coco to crumble, anything is possible. Damn it. Coco was like THE poster child for the girls in Hololive to living out your life according to your own rules. It just pisses me off. Now it's going to feel like going forward every little quirk or piece out of alignment may cause a snag with which may upend someone's entire career.

Oct 25, 2017
If they went after Coco for being American, then I hope they stay away from Calli, Gura and Ame. As well as any Americans joining Gen 2.

Coco and Kanata's dream
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't subscribed Amane Kanata yet, you may want to do so. Because they''re hoping to fillfull their last wish before she graduate, so let's make thing happen for both Coco and Kanata, you guys.

xxx7w5p2o9471.png

Source

Kansoku Think you can trendmark this, idk if this is allowed but I thought it would be good idea to encourge here to subs Kanata, don't you think?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I seriously gotta stop scrolling on r/Hololive. I just had an ugly control with emotions already.

I hate when I always held my tears back and never let it out when she's soon to be retired next month... help me😭

Oct 25, 2017
In the midst of all this, I guess an older Youtuber is getting into v-tubing, will be interesting to follow.

getting back* into vtubing lol. They used to do that a while ago.
Who are they? All I can find for ochinchin is meme apparently penis in Japanese lol.

www.mildom.com

kson組長(けいそん) のプロフィール - ゲーム配信(実況)ならMildom(ミルダム)

kson組長(けいそん) のプロフィールページ。Mildom(ミルダム)は、ゲームを中心とした新世代のライブ配信プラットフォームです!お気に入りの配信者と一緒に、隙間時間を大事な時間に変えましょう!

Yeah she played that game. I think its pretty popular with nijisanji atm. I heard nene was denied by her manager to play it though, "because shes an idol".

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
Oh my god, I seriously gotta stop scrolling on r/Hololive. I just had an ugly control with emotions already.

I hate when I always held my tears back and never let it out when she's soon to be retired next month... help me😭
Yeah, I thought I was doing relatively well yesterday, going to the subreddit was a bad idea...

I'm glad to hear we're at least getting those Ame and Kiara collabs tho

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks everyone haha. I don't follow a lot of vtuber stuff super closely so I always need a bit more context.

Oct 25, 2017
Lets make this be the best month ever for Coco. Only right to send her off with a bang, right?

Absoutely, you should've seen the threadmark that I requested OP about it. Subscribe Amane Kanata's Channel if you haven't already done it, or even better, spread to your friends or whoever circle you were in if you can.

And Emico Otero has prepared a new video in half an hour in such a omen timing.

Goddamn, that is too deep. :'(

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what amazes me. She only mentioned that her third biggest viewership was in Taiwan, and that was somehow enough to launch CCP bootlickers into a frenzy and go out of their way to destroy her livlihood and anyone associated with her. Is even mentioning that people live in Taiwan somehow a trigger? Makes no sense.
That racist Vtuber though, wow. It's not even funny, it's just blatant.
I'm reluctant to say anything about this subject, since last time I said that these CCP antis were having the opposite effect and bringing shame onto China I got banned for racism for not saying "not all Chinese people" loudly enough, but whatever.

"China" used to be the Republic of China. Immediately after WW2, China had a communist revolution, and the People's Republic of China pushed the Republic of China into retreat, all the way back to the island of Taiwan. The PRC tried to finish off the ROC, but Taiwan is a natural fortress, so the PRC could shoot at them for days/weeks/months, and the ROC would simply take cover, wait for the shooting to stop, then come out and pick up all the free scrap lead (PRC bullets literally fed Taiwan's early manufacturing industry, which is amazing to think about). Eventually the PRC gave up on their assault and declared themselves the winners of the war, while the ROC thumbed their noses at them from their island fortress. The PRC claims to be the leaders of China based on the old borders of China (the ones that were once drawn by the ROC), even though the PRC has never set foot on the island of Taiwan, and there are people living there who strongly disagree with that claim.

That was 70 years ago. The people who lived in those times and fought in that war are mostly dead. And the two countries have both become something else entirely. Taiwan no longer claims to be the rightful government of China in exile. It's just a footnote in their history, like Australia's history as a former British prison colony. While China became a global superpower, and now they're drunk on power. The modern China could easily wipe Taiwan off the map, and the only thing stopping them is America. That pisses China off, because there is no religion in modern China but the CCP, and Taiwan proves that China's god can bleed. Taiwan beat the PRC in a fight once before (by surviving), and Taiwan's continued existence shows that China is afraid of war with America. China's inflated pride (fed by the CCP's total control over China's education system for the past 70 years) cannot handle these insults.

China's official position on Taiwan is that they're being "generous" and giving Taiwan time to surrender and accept Chinese rule, before China loses their patience and wipes the island off the map, but everyone in China knows that's just a lie and in actuality they're being disrespected, while everyone in Taiwan has seen how well "rejoining China" has worked out for Hong Kong, so they don't wanna do that (although currently a minority of people think it's better than getting killed by China).

So yeah, Taiwan is incredibly triggering within China.

And Coco unintentionally tapped into the same thing. She offended them by noting that water is wet and forgot to coddle them by not buying into their particular delusion, so they decided to attack her, and every day that she's still standing there is proof that they're not even strong enough to take down one single helpless girl. They can't handle losing. Giving them their "victory" might have been Coco's only solution, because the alternative would be changing the mind of China, and that's so much bigger than Coco. It's bigger than Cover, it's bigger than America, it's bigger than the entire UN.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The Coco Taiwan thing has to be put in context: Haachama had just shown her analytics a couple days before with the same page showing Taiwan and Coco is "American" and at that time the USA was barking at China because of the Hong Kong crackdown plus the Sino-American Trade War. All of this was used to fuel an already-existing anti-Cover/anti-Japan propaganda to push to have Cover's CN operations banned or the company fined by the Chinese government. Coco was literally just a patsy and none of this hate is about her specifically, except maybe that she has never shown the proper "contrition" and "apologized" to China. As said above, this is all much bigger than some little entertainment company in Japan (except maybe for the fact that it's Japan, a stalwart ally of the USA).

Status
Not open for further replies.