• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Nyanners x Mouse Power wash stream is amazing.

Mouse jump scaring Nyanners with surprise dongs.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how much clickbait shit Nux puts out I am going to reserve judgement until I see what this kson collab actually is

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was the video recorded before the whole shitshow with Nux? If not, OOF.
Possibility #1 - It was recorded before Nux's shitshow.
Possibility #2 - It was arranged before the shitshow, and while maybe Kson thought Nux looked bad, it wasn't enough for her to cancel.
Possibility #3 - Kson saw the shitshow, and said "I want in on this!"

Erwin

Banned
Mar 24, 2021
i'm very confused with the whole nux/vshojo situation. From what i read, it seems that the girls said they asked him to not post the video and he didn't listen, but there isn't proof of that. Or was there a misscommunication problem between both sides?. Because that's what i've seen everywhere, so i'm trying to understand why is Nux in the wrong? Not trying to defend him i just don't know.

edit: just to clarify something. I'm asking because most people on social media are defending Nux and everyone in this thread dislike him. So i'm very confused, because i barely know about them lol.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over how irys has the ability to play off really well with everyone she collabs with

Oct 25, 2017
i'm very confused with the whole nux/vshojo situation. From what i read, it seems that the girls said they asked him to not post the video and he didn't listen, but there isn't proof of that. Or was there a misscommunication problem between both sides?. Because that's what i've seen everywhere, so i'm trying to understand why is Nux in the wrong? Not trying to defend him i just don't know.

edit: just to clarify something. I'm asking because most people on social media are defending Nux and everyone in this thread dislike him. So i'm very confused, because i barely know about them lol.

Definitely seems like some miscommunication of sorts at the very least.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possibility #2 - It was arranged before the shitshow, and while maybe Kson thought Nux looked bad, it wasn't enough for her to cancel.
Possibility 4, KSon isn't even aware of the shit show.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

I only read the DMs posted by Gunrun/Vshojo themselves so I probably don't have the full picture but my understanding is they (meaning Vshojo the org not the girls) were in communication and tried to dissuade him from posting it but did so using professional language, meaning they didn't outright demand that he withhold from posting it and tried offering feedback and pointing out various areas that needed improvement. Nux then also gave their cybersecurity employee/contractor ~30 minutes to draft up a response to post together with the video. I don't know the full extent of what the vtubers said to Nux so I can't comment there but the miscommunication basically added up to two parties that didn't really see eye to eye on the situation.

VShojo could have strongarmed him a bit more but that could've easily have just backfired and created more drama in the end so who knows

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
The reality - Kson doesn't give a fuck and just decided to collab with him like she does with pretty much everyone.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Basically, someone took out a domain name that looked like it belonged to VShojo, and used it to send emails to people, telling them they had been invited into VShojo, now please give us your personal details. One indie Vtuber fell for it and handed over her personal details, and the criminal swatted her and could have gotten her killed. This incident was reported to VShojo, and VShojo went above and beyond by hiring private security consultants to find the criminal and get them arrested/convicted. This meant that everyone at VShojo had to stay mostly silent about the situation, because the criminal craves attention, and the victims don't need to become bigger targets, and they need to not fuck up their attempt at getting a conviction by saying anything stupid.

Nux became target #2. Nux didn't fall for it, so he got a burner phone and gave the criminal some fake ID. One member of the criminal's audience apparently likes Nux more than he likes the criminal, so he fed Nux info about the criminal. Also, Nux used his connections inside OnlyFans to get them to improperly and maybe illegally give him the OnlyFans account information of the criminal.

There were no victims past Nux. VShojo cut off the source of the problem by cutting off the fake domain. Nux implied that he's mad at VShojo for knowing that crimes were happening, and working to arrest the criminal, instead of yelling from the rooftops, because that would've been the thing that saved him (from almost becoming a victim).

At some point, Nux apparently had a 4-hour conversation with VShojo's security team, but we're not privy to that. We do know that Nux "disagreed" with the security team's advice to keep his mouth shut, and the security team basically said "Well, that's your right as a free citizen, we can't do anything to stop you." Nux gave VShojo and the security team 30 minutes to review his video and to suggest changes. The security team told Nux that he was being catfished by the "fan" feeding him fake info, and that his OnlyFans sleuthing was wrong and pointless, because the criminal was underage, so the ID they used for OnlyFans was a fake ID that was already known to VShojo. Nux said that he disagrees with being wrong, but even if he's wrong he doesn't care, because it fits his narrative.

Then Nux released his video titled "I caught a swatter that doxxed 12 vtubers" which also pointlessly revealed the name of the indie Vtuber who had been doxxed/swatted.

Most of the VShojo girls weren't in the loop on the Nux discussions, but after he posted the video they urgently asked him to take it down, since they had all heard the bit about it being important to keep their mouths shut. Nux apparently responded by giving VShojo a list of conditions under which he might be willing to take the video down.

Nyanners made a semi-private post to her closest fans on her Discord about how Nux is a clout-chasing piece of shit who made things worse for VShojo by posting his dumbass video, a comment which blew up, and then Nux said "Well, nobody tried to stop me", which turned Nyanners into a target for harassment from Nux's toxic fanbase (it's a well-known fact that Nux's fanbase is toxic, Nux even brags about it), which resulted in all of the VShojo girls publicly slamming Nux. Veibae responded to Nux with a particularly damning clip from the opening of his video where he says "People literally tried to stop me from making this video". Nux responded by saying that it was his brother, and only his brother, who told him not to do it. This had the effect of moving the goalposts towards whether people did or didn't try to stop Nux from uploading his dumbass video.

VShojo, officially having been polite and professional the entire time, posted proof that suggests that they did try to stop Nux, but that maybe they weren't forceful enough, and suggested a de-escalation of hostilities, which the VShojo girls agreed with, saying that maybe there were some mistakes made on all sides.

But Nux's toxic fanbase didn't agree to any sort of de-escalation, so now they're claiming victory and harassing the VShojo girls.

Erwin

Banned
Mar 24, 2021
Basically, someone took out a domain name that looked like it belonged to VShojo, and used it to send emails to people, telling them they had been invited into VShojo, now please give us your personal details. One indie Vtuber fell for it and handed over her personal details, and the criminal swatted her and could have gotten her killed. This incident was reported to VShojo, and VShojo went above and beyond by hiring private security consultants to find the criminal and get them arrested/convicted. This meant that everyone at VShojo had to stay mostly silent about the situation, because the criminal craves attention, and the victims don't need to become bigger targets, and they need to not fuck up their attempt at getting a conviction by saying anything stupid.

Nux became target #2. Nux didn't fall for it, so he got a burner phone and gave the criminal some fake ID. One member of the criminal's audience apparently likes Nux more than he likes the criminal, so he fed Nux info about the criminal. Also, Nux used his connections inside OnlyFans to get them to improperly and maybe illegally give him the OnlyFans account information of the criminal.

There were no victims past Nux. VShojo cut off the source of the problem by cutting off the fake domain. Nux implied that he's mad at VShojo for knowing that crimes were happening, and working to arrest the criminal, instead of yelling from the rooftops, because that would've been the thing that saved him (from almost becoming a victim).

At some point, Nux apparently had a 4-hour conversation with VShojo's security team, but we're not privy to that. We do know that Nux "disagreed" with the security team's advice to keep his mouth shut, and the security team basically said "Well, that's your right as a free citizen, we can't do anything to stop you." Nux gave VShojo and the security team 30 minutes to review his video and to suggest changes. The security team told Nux that he was being catfished by the "fan" feeding him fake info, and that his OnlyFans sleuthing was wrong and pointless, because the criminal was underage, so the ID they used for OnlyFans was a fake ID that was already known to VShojo. Nux said that he disagrees with being wrong, but even if he's wrong he doesn't care, because it fits his narrative.

Then Nux released his video titled "I caught a swatter that doxxed 12 vtubers" which also pointlessly revealed the name of the indie Vtuber who had been doxxed/swatted.

Most of the VShojo girls weren't in the loop on the Nux discussions, but after he posted the video they urgently asked him to take it down, since they had all heard the bit about it being important to keep their mouths shut. Nux apparently responded by giving VShojo a list of conditions under which he might be willing to take the video down.

Nyanners made a semi-private post to her closest fans on her Discord about how Nux is a clout-chasing piece of shit who made things worse for VShojo by posting his dumbass video, a comment which blew up, and then Nux said "Well, nobody tried to stop me", which turned Nyanners into a target for harassment from Nux's toxic fanbase (it's a well-known fact that Nux's fanbase is toxic, Nux even brags about it), which resulted in all of the VShojo girls publicly slamming Nux. Veibae responded to Nux with a particularly damning clip from the opening of his video where he says "People literally tried to stop me from making this video". Nux responded by saying that it was his brother, and only his brother, who told him not to do it. This had the effect of moving the goalposts towards whether people did or didn't try to stop Nux from uploading his dumbass video.

VShojo, officially having been polite and professional the entire time, posted proof that suggests that they did try to stop Nux, but that maybe they weren't forceful enough, and suggested a de-escalation of hostilities, which the VShojo girls agreed with, saying that maybe there were some mistakes made on all sides.

But Nux's toxic fanbase didn't agree to any sort of de-escalation, so now they're claiming victory and harassing the VShojo girls.
Thank you for explaining. I don't think exposing the doxxer is a good idea because now the person either will continue doxxing to get attention for the fun of it or will lay low, making it harder to get caught.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I want a Shiny Giratina"
*glances at Fubuki's streams*
morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Kson's new connections with Vshojo and that she is allowed to hang out in their Minecraft server, I'm going to wait and see on the Nux thing. I can't imagine her willingly collaborating with him if she knew about the situation.

edit: she did retweet his tweet though... I really hope she just doesn't know.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Fubuki deserves ALL of the shiny Magicarp. Seriously, I really hope she gets one soon. Poor fox.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Kson's new connections with Vshojo and that she is allowed to hang out in their Minecraft server, I'm going to wait and see on the Nux thing. I can't imagine her willingly collaborating with him if she knew about the situation.

edit: she did retweet his tweet though... I really hope she just doesn't know.
I don't think its worth getting upset over. All parties involved want to move on from it anyway.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I'm impressed at how fast Iroha recovers from falls, she can fall 2 screens and be right back in less than 2 minutes.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Astel 3D concert is starting. He's been preparing and stressing over this for a long time, so I'm certain we'd get great performance here on top of his usual beautiful singing.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This Nux and Kson collab situation is why Hololive is so restrictive with collabs of their talent with streamers from outside of the company.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point if she cancelled it, it would probably cause more harassment to Vshojo (and her). Hopefully its just a one and done (and he isn't invited to her ARK/Minecraft server, can you imagine how awkward it'd be if one of the Vshojo girls was on there and he logged in?).

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
This Nux and Kson collab situation is why Hololive is so restrictive with collabs of their talent with streamers from outside of the company.
Yeah, it's honestly not a good look for Kson. I hate how VShojo kinda threw Snuffy and YFU under the bus when they denounced him in solidarity for the shitty things he did to them, only for VShojo to quickly sweep everything under the rug.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Youtube pushed Noel's second channel to my feed and all I can say is I always thought HoloJP girls were joking when they said her model could even be smaller than her IRL. They were not, lol.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's honestly not a good look for Kson. I hate how VShojo kinda threw Snuffy and YFU under the bus when they denounced him in solidarity for the shitty things he did to them, only for VShojo to quickly sweep everything under the rug.
There was an Ironmouse stream (now deleted to reduce people linking for drama) where she said they all had a discord call to try to resolve all their issues. Could be it was already arranged and the Vshojo girls said to go ahead with it. Or maybe it is actually resolved. Or maybe Kson legit didn't know.

Hard to say what's going on behind the scenes since I doubt anyone will bring it up.

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube pushed Noel's second channel to my feed and all I can say is I always thought HoloJP girls were joking when they said her model could even be smaller than her IRL. They were not, lol.
Makes me wonder what came first, Noel's model, or her actress. In that "did they have Noel's character design already planned, or did they meet her actress and decided to alter it to fit her?"

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The thing about the Kson collab is that it's not a stream. It's already happened and all the public will see is what he edits and shares.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Makes me wonder what came first, Noel's model, or her actress. In that "did they have Noel's character design already planned, or did they meet her actress and decided to alter it to fit her?"

At this point I think it is a case by case basis, some talents have said that the model itself was already done and they auditioned for it, while others seem to have their models somewhat tailored to them, at least proportion-wise. I imagine they have to give some consideration to body proportions if they want to do any kind of 3D interaction without being horrifyingly janky.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I think it is a case by case basis, some talents have said that the model itself was already done and they auditioned for it, while others seem to have their models somewhat tailored to them, at least proportion-wise. I imagine they have to give some consideration to body proportions if they want to do any kind of 3D interaction without being horrifyingly janky.
That makes sense. I imagine they're being a lot more considerate with 3D in mind.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
3rd Gen JP models were all shown when they announced auditions, and only Rushia and Pekora were scouted while the others had to audition. Noel looks the same, so unless she auditioned before they announced auditions it was either just a coincidence or they picked her because she fit her model

I have to imagine that they can change a character's height a bit before debut since I really doubt they turn people away due to their height, but we don't know for sure. We do know that Mio has grown 5cm for each of the past 2 years in her official bio as they try to make her official height match how tall she is when she's 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.