• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Been watching Pekora's DBZ Kakarot stream on and off, I didn't know it was a retelling of the original story. The OST being an arrangement of the original anime score is giving me a lot of nostalgia of when I used to watch it back in the early 90s, that music is seared into my brain no matter how many years pass.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Kizuna Ai #2 will be leaving the company as Love-chan and going Independent

Short history, In 2019 after Kizuna Ai became famous, the company made the decision to hire 2 other talent to play Kizuna AI, and that led to a big problem and make alot of company learn that the "soul" and the body cannot seperate.

And after that, the two talent, got their own Vtuber skin, Love and Aipii, Aipii graduated in 2020.

Although there is difference in popularity compare to Kizuna Ai, she will announce her future goal and graduation tonight, and the company will also trasnfer the right of the channel and SNS to Love.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br1t_gTqyms

So she will keep her model and brand?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
So she will keep her model and brand?

No idea, but probabely wait for the 5/2 concert and see what she say there?

GL6LY8mbEAAguai

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Kaika's music video for the song Kaika made from KAF's 4th solo live footage

Kaika hasn't done much other than post the songs she has sang in that concert, which I think this is the last one. It'll be interesting to see what KAF does with the persona now

View: https://youtu.be/nMLxLnWD7lQ

Harusaruhi also uploaded a performance from her recent concert

View: https://youtu.be/-YS_AGy9Mvw

Asu new original song is a banger

View: https://youtu.be/eaMU9zfjMNc

Muan doing a karaoke colllab with Chise Itsuki. Two solid vsingers

View: https://youtu.be/DE7Z4QQum2U

Kaela mc stream and chat starting now

youtu.be

【Minecraft】i did nothing except tidying up stuff and talk【Kaela Kovalskia / hololiveID】

【Donasi lokal】Traktir yang pahit-pahit kini sangat EZGGWP!~Link: https://sociabuzz.com/kaelakovalskia/tribe#Kaelaif #KaelaKovalskia #holoID -----------------...

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
It's dragon ball. And it's almost at the legendary scene.
I remember Subaru said she couldn't play this game before since there was no perm. Guess it changed recently. I hope Subaru plays it.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Kizuna Ai #2 will be leaving the company as Love-chan and going Independent

Short history, In 2019 after Kizuna Ai became famous, the company made the decision to hire 2 other talent to play Kizuna AI, and that led to a big problem and make alot of company learn that the "soul" and the body cannot seperate.

And after that, the two talent, got their own Vtuber skin, Love and Aipii, Aipii graduated in 2020.

Although there is difference in popularity compare to Kizuna Ai, she will announce her future goal and graduation tonight, and the company will also trasnfer the right of the channel and SNS to Love.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br1t_gTqyms

Best of luck to Love-chan. One of the toughest nuts to crack to endure that whole fallout (still remember the livestreams being chockful of hateful messages from beginning to end for a while, but her and Aipii tried to stream on anyway) and stick around all the way 'til now.

Last edited:

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Yeah but she likes to pretend it never happened and she's not Chinese at all. Who knows, maybe she's ashamed of being Chinese.
Or more likely she wants to keep that private, knowing full well the history of Chinese antis in the Hololive sphere

She probably would be fine being open about it since people already know, but getting China's antis' attention was a factor that led to Coco's graduation so it is completely understandable she doesn't want to do anything that can be perceived as inviting the focus of those types

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Or more likely she wants to keep that private, knowing full well the history of Chinese antis in the Hololive sphere

She probably would be fine being open about it since people already know, but getting China's antis' attention was a factor that led to Coco's graduation so it is completely understandable she doesn't want to do anything that can be perceived as inviting the focus of those types
Also entirely possible, yes.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but she likes to pretend it never happened and she's not Chinese at all. Who knows, maybe she's ashamed of being Chinese.
Wtf is this post. She doesn't pretend at all, she literally said she knew Chinese in a stream just last week.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmTgWNvcOo

Being careful to not trigger crazy Chinese antis is reasonable, making the jump from that to "maybe she's ashamed of being Chinese" is insane.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Bijou's an example of why Ina and Bae don't want to get into it with their family language. It never occurs to fans that if you have a few hundred people each individually poking fun, it turns into a wave of mockery.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Lui says she made a big decision and sounds like she is referencing Rika's vsinger king competition. She said the decision sin't the collab itself, but it is related. So likely a decision to seriously focus more on music with a goal of a solo live, which has has expressed interest in before

Also Lui says her career has been: wanted to be a singer but mom told her no, then tried to be a golfer but got tendonitis and had to stop, then started working for a black company (where she said previously she would work up until the last train, put in 2 more hours of work at home, and then have to go to the office at the first train), and now is here at Holo

View: https://youtu.be/tofppK8l220

I need more Raden collabs with pretty much everyone

View: https://youtu.be/dhpdrySXKMA

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if there's like, a list of criteria in Cover that you need to reach before you get a solo live? I'm sure it's quite difficult, but a lot of musically inclined talents seem to make it a big goal of theirs and I wonder what exactly needs to be done to reach it?

Best of luck to both Lui and Lamy though! Hope they get it someday!

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I do wonder if there's like, a list of criteria in Cover that you need to reach before you get a solo live? I'm sure it's quite difficult, but a lot of musically inclined talents seem to make it a big goal of theirs and I wonder what exactly needs to be done to reach it?

Best of luck to both Lui and Lamy though! Hope they get it someday!
The info we have so far is:
- Everyone who has gotten a solo live had enough original music to fill out the concert, usually a whole album
- Watame has had 2 solo lives and Suisei has her 3rd coming "soon"
- Mio asked for a solo live back in mid-late 2022 and staff told her 2023 was impossible (so highly expect Mio to have one this year)

It kinda seems like it is a first come first serve basis? At least to any member who put in the work to have enough original music.

Lamy has also said she decided to aim for a solo live starting late last year. And she already mentioned how she knows no one thinks of her as musically talented or deserving, but she said she was gonna put in the work to make it happen.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Virtual Shower Thought of the Day #11

VTubing's multi-subcultural influences/parallels in a nutshell:
cosplay + idols + streamers + YouTubing + gaming + anime/manga + utaite + wrestling + art community​

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Hmm I'm not sure what the goal of being view botted is. The wild fluctuations in viewership for biboo streams are odd.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The info we have so far is:
- Everyone who has gotten a solo live had enough original music to fill out the concert, usually a whole album
- Watame has had 2 solo lives and Suisei has her 3rd coming "soon"
- Mio asked for a solo live back in mid-late 2022 and staff told her 2023 was impossible (so highly expect Mio to have one this year)

It kinda seems like it is a first come first serve basis? At least to any member who put in the work to have enough original music.
Doesn't seem to be that sure of a thing. Aqua certainly didn't have enough songs to fill an album (both her sololives were sprinkled with covers). Mel had a sololive aspiration since the beginning and released an album way before, but Pekora got hers first. And Baelz expressed some insecurities on if she'd ever get a sololive even though she has an album and an EP.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't seem to be that sure of a thing. Aqua certainly didn't have enough songs to fill an album (both her sololives were sprinkled with covers). Mel had a sololive aspiration since the beginning and released an album way before, but Pekora got hers first. And Baelz expressed some insecurities on if she'd ever get a sololive even though she has an album and an EP.
Surely there are other business decisions that would tip the scales towards specific talents. There is no doubt that Aqua or Pekora would be able to sell concert tickets because of their popularity and Pekora's was even closing a huge push for her during the year of the rabbit. It's tragic that Mel was fired suddenly because it really seemed like she was working towards her solo live. Lamy has a lot of work to do if the wants to get that opportunity.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California

This will be legendary I'm sure

I meant first come first server for who asks for the solo live (while maybe meeting some behind the scenes requisites). That seems to line up with how Mio and Kiara have talked about it, with them asking and have to be put on hold just because of all the people in line and Cover can only put out a few a year. And lamy just spoke on her solo live aspiration yesterday, and she also mentioned she will have to fight for it rather than wait for it to be her "turn".

I fully expected Mel was working towards a solo live before she was fired. And hopefully Bae is on track for one, though if she didn't ask for one yet, else she'll probably be on hold for 1-2 years. Also expecta Kanata one this year.

I forgot about covers, yeah. Sora likes to throw covers into her live concerts too (though she did release a cover album). They may not need a whole lot of original music

But yeah, we'll never know the exact criteria. Definitely seems like it takes the talent to initiate from the sounds of it though

Surely there are other business decisions that would tip the scales towards specific talents. There is no doubt that Aqua or Pekora would be able to sell concert tickets because of their popularity and Pekora's was even closing a huge push for her during the year of the rabbit. It's tragic that Mel was fired suddenly because it really seemed like she was working towards her solo live. Lamy has a lot of work to do if the wants to get that opportunity.
From Kiara talking about how she worried if she could sell out a venue, it's very likely the talent pays for the solo live similar for their 3D lives

Last edited: