One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Pekora: That was the last time my mom will be in a stream
Also Pekora:

HtAE7ef.jpeg

I can't wait for her 3D debut

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Honestly, her mom has good stage presence and she seems to enjoy her role, I'm kind of impressed. She can be a recurring guest on her streams for special occasions, Pekora wouldn't have gone through the trouble of getting her mom a fully rigged 2d model for a one-off.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I haven't heard Pekora's Minecraft BGM in a long time, most iconic BGM to me.

Next week (13 ~ 20) there will be a Holo Hardcore Minecraft event going on, any member can participate, there will be random missions, the goal is to survive and defeat the dragon / wither.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
oh nvm lol she's covering the borderline nazi Tanya anime song. I hear its more WW1 inspired but it still had conventions banning it here in the states I think.
It's not borderline, there's practically no relation to nazis with Tanya. The anime just got some stylistic bits from them with the giant flags and that stuff for the empire. As for the LN:

The author has gone on record that he hates the Nazis unconditionally and hates the nickname "Nazi Loli" for Tanya, insisting that making her into a Nazi would have instantly robbed the story of all possible nuance and complexity as it is impossible to portray Nazis as anything other than pure evil

Don't get misinformed by memes.
That being said, yes, it's basically alt-WW1, with the unification of Germany into a single nation making the other continental powers antsy, beginning an arms race and then finally them using a local conflict (one that the empire didn't start) to try to take the empire down a notch.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Looks like KMNZ is getting 2 new members after Liz left. Big shoes to fill; Liz was a great singer

youtu.be

NEW KMNZ TEASER CASE.1 / KMNZ

NEXT TEASER “CASE.2” → 2024.05.19 Sun. 19:00------------------------Teaser Director:Roly(しろいろモード)https://twitter.com/yosinO_mohttps://twitter.com/Shiroiro_Mo...

View: https://youtu.be/iEsIgmd6wgA

Mother's day HoloGra

View: https://youtu.be/6_USMIYqVBc

Nana covered black rock shooter

View: https://youtu.be/12XaWkJoFIA

Re:Act 2nd gen will be having a concert and new single

View: https://x.com/Re_AcT_/status/1789623226416705715

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
EDIT: removed the video

Anyone here watched this? I haven't done so cuz I just don't have the time rn, but I've seen ppl on other sites talkin about so I wanted to hear your thoughts on it

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/bG-Cr3BMo7s?si=UEGnzfnCQ9pne71v

Anyone here watched this? I haven't done so cuz I just don't have the time rn, but I've seen ppl on other sites talkin about so I wanted to hear your thoughts on it

I thought this comment was particularly funny.

Every vtuber being the same concept with no spice, I love foxes but how many fox people do we need?

Why is this a vtuber specific problem? As if regular streaming isn't the same. How many girls with their boobs out do we really need? How many toxic gamer bros screaming while playing Apex/COD do we really need?

Haven't watched the video though. I don't really care enough to.

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018

View: https://youtu.be/bG-Cr3BMo7s?si=UEGnzfnCQ9pne71v

Watched it, thought it was a bit funny in some of the more lighthearted segments(too many demon themed vtubers lol). The intro does start out with a more serious callout(Vtubers saying the n word) and he kinda doxxes Ame for a brief moment.

People are calling him out for the beginning because he apparently misheard JP Vtubers saying that word when they were actually saying a word in their language that just sounds similar.

Icarian

May 9, 2018

Open video, clip of Suisei saying something in Japanese that sounds like nigga but doesn't have anything to do with it (she's speaking to Miko and Miko says Nye a lot) followed by Ame's IRL face with a loud sound and an arrow pointing to Ame's model, and that's the first 10 seconds.

Into the trash it goes, I don't know why people give a second of their time to these people.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it, thought it was a bit funny in some of the more lighthearted segments(too many demon themed vtubers lol). The intro does start out with a more serious callout(Vtubers saying the n word) and he kinda doxxes Ame for a brief moment.

People are calling him out for the beginning because he apparently misheard JP Vtubers saying that word when they saying a word in their language that just sounds familiar.
Wonder how this guy watches Jojo and doesn't flip out whenever Joseph says "Run awaaay!"

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
It's not necessarily a vtuber problem. More so that most vtubers come out of the same corners of the internet: 2chan/4chan/tumblr for better or worse.

I don't think the video is meant to be taken wholy serious though it touches on serious issues.

koga88

Sep 25, 2022
Most of the people I've seen talk about it (haven't watched it so it doesn't get a view one way or another) want it reported for doxxing and other elements.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So, hey. I know that we've gotten lax about tying meat and 2d together in this thread, but considering that that video apparently doxxes someone, can we get it removed, please?

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
So, hey. I know that we've gotten lax about tying meat and 2d together in this thread, but considering that that video apparently doxxes someone, can we get it removed, please?
I finished watching the video, won't comment on anything else, but yeah, I feel like that specific part could've at least been censored or just not included at all, removed it from my post

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It's not necessarily a vtuber problem. More so that most vtubers come out of the same corners of the internet: 2chan/4chan/tumblr for better or worse.

I don't think the video is meant to be taken wholy serious though it touches on serious issues.
Considering that the video channel is tripling down, and that many of the Black community on social media who agree with them are saying that vtubers are racists and that the video showed a light that was being ignored by the fans, I'm very sure it's not a joke video.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I watched the video last night, and they made some pretty valid points. The "doxxing" thing is unfortunate, but it's also gonna give vtuber fans an excuse to disregard the entire video and any points they made. This, plus some Offkai drama I witnessed online that involved a lot of "anti-woke" stuff reminds me that the vtuber community has some HUGE issues that mirror the gaming community. :(

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Considering that the video channel is tripling down, and that many of the Black community on social media who agree with them are saying that vtubers are racists and that the video showed a light that was being ignored by the fans, I'm very sure it's not a joke video.

Yeah I just saw the update video. He at least addressed why he was using PLs and I agree that changing your avatar doesn't absolve you of past misdeeds or shouldn't be talked about. I agree with his main points tbh. He muddied his own points by throwing in Japanese native speakers and playing into "vtubers are trying to trick you" BS.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Open video, clip of Suisei saying something in Japanese that sounds like nigga but doesn't have anything to do with it (she's speaking to Miko and Miko says Nye a lot) followed by Ame's IRL face with a loud sound and an arrow pointing to Ame's model, and that's the first 10 seconds.

Into the trash it goes, I don't know why people give a second of their time to these people.
I'm generally okay with gesturing broadly to a group of faceless people that have very visible problematic segments.
Gamer, fandoms, otakus, idol wotas, etc sure fire away.

Would've appreciated any criticisms towards the creator side much more if it could be very specific instead of misleading though. Should be easy enough to pinpoint the repeat offenders right?

On a somewhat related note, I've noticed there's been a couple times in this thread where some recent news/happenings are shared via known dramatubers.
I understand the inevitability of them being easy sources but can we please not? Might be misremembering but wasn't there a list of unreliable clip channels before? Dramatubers are even worse than them so I'm not sure why they get a pass here tbh.