OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
I watched the video last night, and they made some pretty valid points. The "doxxing" thing is unfortunate, but it's also gonna give vtuber fans an excuse to disregard the entire video and any points they made. This, plus some Offkai drama I witnessed online that involved a lot of "anti-woke" stuff reminds me that the vtuber community has some HUGE issues that mirror the gaming community. :(

So, haven't seen said video yet and'll probably check it out later, but regarding this subject matter in the post, I do agree. It's something I've said before and will say again: I will always love what it has provided to the world, and what's past doesn't necessarily mean that's still true of the present, but VTubing (and particularly VTubing 'culture') still needs a lot of growing up to do. It really feels like much of the community is at a tipping point these days, one step away from full on a-holery, embracing the past instead of the future and yadda yadda.

There was also that pretty awful reaction to the Black VTuber Awards when it was announced earlier in the year. As well as that one program where they butchered AAVE. 🫠 We needa work to make the space a more welcoming, open one and hopefully it can become that in time..!!

As for Offkai, they made a good move and it's not an easy one because it'll leave them to the wolves now. It's quite something how some people are drawing lines in the sand like this. You're either on Team A or Team B, neither of which are free of issues. Something that, again, only got heavily exacerbated by The Great Dragoonian Screwjob of NijiEN earlier this year. If only we could go back to 2021..... xP

That said, 'tis also true that unsubtle VTuber-doxxing is also not how one should kick things off. I get if some folk outside the community don't see it as an issue. But it's just one small, minimum courtesy, at least if the VTuber isn't officially a hybrid creator. 🙏 The least you can do is a warning beforehand, lol (not sure if that was done or not, however, so). Also, old misinformation is old. >_<

Anyway. Point is, VTubing has limitless potential, y'know. It has made millions smile, has traditionally valued working artists, championed the unfortunate/medically impaired, lent an avenue of expression to those wrestling with their identity, and has given us a glimpse of a strange and fascinating future.

All we need to do is not waste it! ^^' Easy right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017

WUUT?? No way. That's a heck of a move. First American showing to date that I can recall. Wow.

Likely won't be there, but hope those that check it out have a good time. I may not watch 'em as much these days but ChroNoir will always have a place in mine heart, so, cool to see 'em on Californian soil [albeit virtually]. 😊 Though I wonder if this is going to be a genuine redo. :p

Notlikethis.gif

All the best to Mio-mama. I'm sure the Capcom Cup champ is sending plenty of virtual Super Meter energy her way, along with the rest of the Miofa.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
this had to have been the most obvious design ever. Pretty much half the artists guessed right.

Its okay, very ikemen

I would have much preferred her mafia look

edit: The layers are interesting but the gap in the pants is just silly lol

edit2: oh no they gave the blue woman a gun, two in fact!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017

latest

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Wada Arco is such a big Kronii fan. She's fangirling hard on twitter lol.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Here is a TL of the picture text Mio tweeted, thanks to vtange on twitter. The official twitter's picture text doesn't really have new info other than they won't be naming the illness but the symptoms are on a recovery trend

I hope she has a full recovery. And it is nice to have it be announced rather than just have her missing for months since that would definitely have been worrying

GNbfYM9bEAADWx8

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
lol this the funniest Kronii karaoke yet

edit: lmao Wada mama watching and dropped a red SC

koga88

Sep 25, 2022
There was also that pretty awful reaction to the Black VTuber Awards when it was announced earlier in the year. As well as that one program where they butchered AAVE. 🫠 We needa work to make the space a more welcoming, open one and hopefully it can become that in time..!!

I'll admit, I didn't even hear about a Black Vtuber Awards show but it does seem like some of the more standard Vtuber tropes and otaku culture can be a bit rough on some aspects. Was watching Serina from V4Mirai earlier today making some pancake art of her genmates and she wanted suggestions about what she should call the "customers" coming in. When people were saying that the usual standard was master, it obviously made her feel a bit uncomfortable and she mentioned how that is not what she wants to use in any way and nearly everyone picked up on it but only after she expressed her displeasure. Instead it settled on Okyakyu-sama (probably not spelling it right), it was real easy to slip in the generic choice without realizing the history there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazND1ZmVjE

Her first try's a bit rough but then she starts getting into the groove of making them.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's time for the Cover quatarly financial reports!

Financials:

Growth Stategies:

I was about to go to bed so not going to dive super deeply into the numbers until tomorrow.

A few highlights:

- Assuming "Performer remuneration" is the pay to the 85 Hololive talents, then the 85 Hololive talents got paid on average $37K USD per month for the last 3 months

- The highest revenue-generating vtuber in Holo accounts for ~4.5% of the total revenue. The top 20 revenue-generating vtubers in holo account for ~40% of the total revenue

- net profit up 65% year over year

- The growth of HoloFes is pretty big. That's 226,000 Fes tickets sold (Up over 50K from last year)

- All the non-streaming content is growing into a bigger percentage of Cover's revenue

- Cover is up to 509 employees

Some of the interesting slides

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Spending around 16 million USD over 5 years on HoloEarth is pretty reasonable given usual dev cost of game software. Still the riskiest part of their business though.

Good to see strong growth continue. It won't ever go back to the exponential rate of growth from the pandemic but they have managed to maintain momentum and good margins.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Into the trash it goes, I don't know why people give a second of their time to these people.

This. If the creator lacks consideration on something as basic as a foreign language - or worse, is deliberately exploiting it - then whatever else they have to say is already too suspect to be worth listening. It's either poorly thought out or riddled with their agenda or both.

I was hoping for some clips from this stream! Polka is so witty.

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man, the Mio thing doesn't sound good, I hope she gets well soon...

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The Hololive Taipei meet

Alot of Taiwanese artist also went and handed out free sticker, card and other with their art.
Cute cafe is the AR sticker

View: https://twitter.com/cutecafe_art/status/1788811209606840743

Fuwafuwa is Card, that they also allow people to print at 7-11

View: https://twitter.com/fuwafuwa_35/status/1789644548232323199

Law also was card

View: https://twitter.com/laaaw444/status/1788877510710829257

View: https://twitter.com/hou37707274/status/1789475585950929061

The LED truck was there
4367904.jpg

Lobby has flower and other for fans
4367905.jpg

4367909.jpg

All 3 floor was filled
4367912.jpg

First started with Fuwamoco singing Shiny Smile Story, then alot of anime opening like K-On Fuwa Fuwa Time, Saint Seiya Pegasus Fantasy, and other songs from 2000 anime like Nanoha and Railgun.

And the interaction also have a Bau-Bau contest with the fans to see who can Bau louder

The ending song is Rebellion and they hope to reach 1 million before their 1 year annivesary, there was some lag.
4367913.jpg

Next is Kobo with her 3D model and started with Suisei ビビデバ
Then sang alot of Chinese songs and also a chinese version of Oh! Asmara
4367916.jpg

After 10 minute break, it's Irys and Baelz
Baelz used mostly chinese and also taught Irys to speak 我們結婚(Let's get married) in Chinese
And Irys sang the opening to Apothocary diary S1 opening 花になって
While Bae sang The Fight Song from her origional song set and also the Chinese cat song 學貓叫
And duet of Senbon Sakuru, Ex's & Oh's and Marine's song Ahoy!! Warera Houshou Kaizokudan
4367924.jpg

And ending with Gura using her 3D swimsuit model
She first started with Baby Shark and most of her songs are from the Niconico Douga hit song
MEGUMEGU☆FIRE ENDLESS NIGHT, KONNANじゃない and Caramelldans
And end the song with Lay your hand on me.
4367932.jpg

4367933.jpg

Experience of a reporter from 4Gamers with pictures

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda worry about the dogs. They cancelled yesterday Fuwawa karaoke stream and still haven't been heard since. No schedule announcement for this week too. We all know how bad they feel when things not going as scheduled…

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda worry about the dogs. They cancelled yesterday Fuwawa karaoke stream and still haven't been heard since. No schedule announcement for this week too. We all know how bad they feel when things not going as scheduled…
Advent have something planned in Japan so they might be waiting for that to be announced.

edit: Both Nerissa and Shiori scheduled a mystery off collab for the 14th.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
edit: Both Nerissa and Shiori scheduled a mystery off collab for the 14th.
Mystery off Collab with the Vanguard boys, let's go!

lol. But imagine the outrage from the Hololive fans if that was true

Did a brief check and it doesn't seem like anyone from NijiID has streamed for a while. I guess we're gonna see more to follow.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017

context

View: https://twitter.com/VRchama/status/1789936497036272056

Thank you for your support for NIJISANJI, including NIJISANJI EN, all this time. With heavy hearts, we would like to announce the graduation of Liver, Bonnivier Pranaja, from NIJISANJI. Bonnivier Pranaja will graduate from NIJISANJI on May 26, 2024, and there are no plans to hold a graduation stream as per the Liver's request. Accounts such as YouTube channels and other social media will be gradually closed after the graduation date along with the sale of Liver-related merchandise and voice content. Bonnivier Pranaja has been active as a Liver, bringing forth many engaging esports-related content for NIJISANJI since August 2020. With unique charisma and humor, Bonnivier has also participated in various NIJISANJI ID and NIJISANJI events, captivating the hearts of many fans both domestically and internationally. We would like to express our respect for all the activities and works created by our Liver, and we will continue to support the Liver until the end so they can spend time with their fans until the graduation day. We also sincerely thank all the fans for their support for Bonnivier Pranaja. Furthermore, regarding the period for receiving letters from fans, we will continue to accept letters until one month after the Liver's graduation date. For any inquiries regarding this announcement, please contact ANYCOLOR, Inc. (https://anycolor.co.jp/contact), and we kindly ask not to contact the Liver directly through our company regarding this matter, whether in the form of comments during streams or other social media platforms. May 13, 2024 ANYCOLOR, Inc.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Bobon's letter is more lore than real life and he's not facing something terrible IRL.

I didn't watch much of his actual streams, but he was always a joy in collabs.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Mio will let us know what happened when she comes back

googleTL
I'll tell you why I had to be hospitalized, etc. when I get back, I'm sure everyone is curious

I don't have anything to hide, but I have an internal organ disease and I'm on a lot of medication through IV drips 😱
This is my first time being hospitalized, so I want to tell everyone a lot of things...

View: https://x.com/ookamimio_sab/status/1789984861689688307

View: https://x.com/ookamimio_sab/status/1789985581969100858

Korone is also taking a small break for her throat to heal

View: https://x.com/Kontaruu/status/1789936458280657166

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Having a MC stream open in the background while doing other stuff and taking a peek every so often to see them doing some random stuff feels like going back to 2020. It's been a long time since Holomembers played MC that isn't some kind of game-esque event like the sports festival or dorokei.

EDIT: I think nene just died to magma, RIP.