• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Just announced at X018. Really interesting-looking FPS game from the "development director" of Bioshock and System Shock 2 (Jonathan Chey, co-founder of Irrational Games). The specifics of the gameplay are hard to explain, so worth checking out the trailer.

I think I'm (somehow) the first to make a thread on this one - if not, please lock.

EDIT: More info, courtesy of Destructoid:

The game is a balancing act of scavenging for supplies and crafting materials while trying not to press your luck too much. What good are well-laid plans if you bite the bullet early on? Playing as an "endless supply of prisoners," you'll bounce between spaceships, scouring floorplans each step of the way.

The main campaign is said to run in the 12- to 15-hour neighborhood.

Void Bastards will launch for PC and Xbox One in "early 2019" via publisher Humble Bundle.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's basically FPS Heat Signature it looks like.

The actual shooting looked a little bland but might be able to get around that.

OP
OP
PaulloDEC

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is... is Ken Levine doing this? Who is the "development director" of Bioshock and SS2?

Looks like the guy in question is Jonathan Chey, co-founder of Irrational Games.

Going to edit a few more details into the OP now.

Is that the LittleBigPlanet narrator in the trailer?
Yes, i know his name is Stephen Fry.

It actually sounded more like the narrator from The Stanley Parable to me.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So... "Strategy Shooter"

Is this re-coining of the Genre Name a direct 'answer' to criticisms of the name "Immersive Sim"?

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically a rogue-like FPS (FTL-inspired) with the Borderlands art style.

I can't say I'm not interested.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Really excited for this. I think a good action rogue like can possibly do big numbers and be fun to watch.