Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Rec Room is one of my favourite VR games, and its now also out of Xbox, will be interesting to see how it translates.

blog.recroom.com

Rec Room on Xbox! — Rec Room Developer Blog

We’ve teased it, we’ve talked about it in AMAs… Today Rec Room is launching on Xbox! Please join us in welcoming a whole new group of players, family, and friends to the Rec Room universe 🌌 We’ve got a few events and surprises that should make the launch even more exciting: W

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's always had non-VR support, at least for a couple years. So does VR chat. Shouldn't be too hard to fine out how it translates.

IIRC custom stuff is a tossup but offical stuff is entirely playable.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Rec Room has had a pretty successful mobile port for quite a while that's crossplay with the VR versions, I'm assuming this is closer to that in terms of controls.

I certainly wouldn't bother playing Rec Room without VR, though. Plus, it's mostly filled with young kids nowadays so it's not exactly something I'm interested in anymore for that reason alone.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I tried to look into this a couple of times, and found it's not fun unless you like being called homophobic and racist shit by a 12 year old.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I can see why its full of kids, its free and the kids are always hot in VR.

I think the paintball and social spaces really were the first things in VR with thr game that really clicked for multilayer.

Thing this is the second Cross play VR game for xbox after No Man's Sky.

Nov 28, 2017
Is this what the Xbox twitter handle was teasing yesterday, or was it a tease of the TGA's for a fullblown VR/AR (consumer grade HoloLens?) hardware reveal, like last year's TGA was for the XSX reveal?

LuckyHit

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even know this game had non-VR support... Is it even fun without VR? Seems like a weird port to me.